Two Under 2
Options

Just found out that we'll have 2 under 2!

My husband and I have a 13 month old son, and just found out that we're having another!  We're excited, and a little overwhelmed.  I think we're having some 2nd baby guilt - is it possible to love another baby as much?  Are we ruining his little life by having another (we both have siblings who we're very close with, so we know this is silly, but still can't seem to shake this feeling)?  But we've always wanted another baby, so we're excited to add to our little family.  So far I'm feeling pretty good in terms of pregnancy, although I am already having a lot more anxiety than I had the first time.  

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself to this board and start to wrap my mind around this whole 2 under 2 thing!

Re: Just found out that we'll have 2 under 2!

• Options
    Our older child (14 mos older) seems to have adapted much easier than an older child IMO. The first 6 weeks were rough-lots of grandmas attention helped. But older doesn't seem deprived now IMO. :)

Oh, you love them as much!!
  • Options
    We are having Irish Twins - #2 will be delivered 2 days before #1's first birthday.... The guilt thing is absolutely killing me right now so I am trying to spend as much time with my daughter as I possibly can.  I know I should look at it as she's not going to remember this, they will have each other, we will love the new baby as much as #1, etc but it is hard.  Congrats! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My  husband and I just found out we are welcoming our third the last week in August. We have a 4 year old and an 8 month old on Thursday. So they will be 15 months apart!  Definitely not planned but a blessing just the same. Not sure how we will survive and I'm incredibly worried our youngest will miss out as far as time and the affection he needs before having to share it with another. I am sure it will all work out. 

Congrats to you all.

DS #1 Jimmer Jack Born 11/7/11

MC #1 - 4/16/14 - 5 weeks 1 day

MC #2  - 5/23/14 - 5 weeks 2 days

MC #3 - 7/29/14 - 5 weeks 4 days

DS #2 Jordy William Born 5/28/15

#3 EDD 9/2/16

• Options
    We are also expecting our second only 16 months after our first. We are both only children and are thinking more about how special it will be for DD to have a sibling so close in age. I know I personally spent a lot of time hoping for a sibling and wishing I had one close in age to have someone who I could count on and knew what I was going through. Just another thought from another perspective. 
  • Options
    So excited to see this post and connect with others. Our LO turned a year Jan 16th and we just found out we are expecting baby #2 in Sept. Congratulations everyone! !

I go back and forth being super excited for LO to have a sibling to thinking he will think he isnt important anymore. I am trying to stay positive and rely on the fact he is going to have a playmate growing up.