November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Is anyone else having contractions on and off?  I'm 40+2 and had somewhat painful contractions about 15 min apart for about an hour and half this afternoon. Then I had nothing for a few hours, then more painful (have to stop what I'm doing and concentrate though them, but it's manageable)  contractions from 8 to 9:30pm every 10-20 min then nothing again.  I almost called my husband to come home from his night shift but then they stopped.  It's really frustrating. 

I had mild contractions starting at midnight last night. I slept until about 2am then I was awake until about 5am. I got way too excited, thinking "this could be it!" And they had completely stopped by the time I woke up at 8am!
  • I had some mild contractions for a couple hours last night too but then nothing. I was so excited considering how much drama scheduling induction has caused me! I was hoping they would start back up again today and I could go on a long walk but it's rainy and yucky out... Might have to make a trip to the mall later :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had some mild contractions for a couple hours last night too but then nothing. I was so excited considering how much drama scheduling induction has caused me! I was hoping they would start back up again today and I could go on a long walk but it's rainy and yucky out... Might have to make a trip to the mall later :)

Was also going to walk outside, gloomy and gross here too (NY). Instead I think I'll head to Hobby Lobby, stroll around for a bit, think up some projects :)
  • Happy birthday @french_mani! I am waiting to see if our LO waits until my birthday (the 3rd) but hope not! I am home from work and it's driving me crazy, yet I'm not comfortable being at work either as we had a sweep done yesterday and who knows? Not that it's really any different than the possibility a week ago, but... Scheduled for induction Monday the 7th if she doesn't come beforehand.

Just waiting...
  • @Ellsmac thank you! I always thought my little one would be born on 12/3 since the beginning of my pregnancy and I don't know why! I'm very curious to see what my dr will tell me tomorrow! I've been out of work since October 9th and loving every second of it a little too much! Keep us posted!!!!
  • 40+1 today. Midwife was able to strip my membranes. A week ago, I wasn't even effaced, so a lot can happen in a week, ladies! It didn't hurt at all, just felt some pressure. If I don't have LO before Thursday, I am going back in 3 times in one day for her to strip me 3 times. She said I will most likely go into labor right after that! So excited! Fingers crossed!
  • Congrats, @MercyC1130 !! So happy for you.
  • Welcome to the world, LO! Congrats, @SMoore82104!!
  • My LO is still cooking, lots of cramps last night but zero signs of labor. DH must be getting desperate too because he wanted sex last night lol
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 Chloe definitely knows something is about to change!!! Wishing you the best of luck tonight, tomorrow and the days following for everything to go smoothly as possible:)
  • Thank you @french_mani!!!! I think she totally knows!!!
  • edited December 2015
    Recap- due date was originally November 30, I am birthing at a birth center with a midwife. At my 20 week scan with an OB, he decided baby was measuring 2 weeks early so he moved my due date to November 14th and said if I waited til the 30th, baby would be at least 11 pounds....

Fast forward to today- went back to that OB for a biophysical and non stress test, and everything is perfect. There's plenty of fluid and LO is only 7.5 pounds....not 11. OB is pushing for me to come in on Saturday to be induced but I refuse because I know my due date was the 30th and I am only 2 days overdue. I go back to my midwife tomorrow to get my membranes stripped 3 times. Hoping that will do the trick since I've had bloody show all day today. Anyway. Sick of the OB in my face. I know my body like a clock. I know exactly when my last menstrual period was, when I ovulated, etc. there is absolutely no reason to induce since LO is perfectly fine in there. Sigh...

So excited for everyone in labor, but super jealous lol

Edited because I said "lady menstrual" instead of "last menstrual" and now I'm laughing out loud.
  • Good luck, @french_mani !!

@alyssaleighw , the thought of having membranes stripped times three Is scary to me. Good luck and I hope it works for you!

The longer my LO waits to arrive, the more nervous I get. I keep going back and forth from being ready to being nervous.
  • @emzcat I had them stripped yesterday and it wasn't uncomfortable for me. Just felt some pressure. My midwife said she wouldn't do it until my cervix was soft enough and she said it's really soft and stretchy. Idk if that has anything to do with it not hurting but I'm guessing it does. And thanks! I guess we will see! :)
  • emzcat said:

Good luck, @french_mani !!

@alyssaleighw , the thought of having membranes stripped times three Is scary to me. Good luck and I hope it works for you!

The longer my LO waits to arrive, the more nervous I get. I keep going back and forth from being ready to being nervous.

I totally agree about being more than ready one minute and then super nervous the next minute. Was having some contractions earlier tonight and debating on waking up hubby, part of me was so excited to tell him we were having a baby tonight and the other part of me was terrified. Then they stopped so I didn't have to worry about it anymore.
  • Wow @alyssaleighw ! Perfect timing! Congrats and good luck!

@JStill0603 I'm glad I'm not the only one but also sorry your contractions stopped!

• Had my membranes stripped yesterday at 41 weeks, 3cm/40%effaced. It was not comfortable at all. Stirred up some contractions but they come and go then fizzle out. I have a BPP US tomorrow morning and then induction is scheduled for next Wed's at 42 weeks. Hopefully some walking and sex this weekend will make her want to come out! MW said shes likely going to be 10lbs, which I am not surprised as DS was 9 and a half at 40+3. Just excited to see my girlie!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Got my epidural and pitocin all before noon today. Still only 1cm... They just broke my water.... The staff at my hospital are freaking awesome and really looking out for me. Now I gotta dilate and nap!!!
  • I'm at 40+4 today (EDD 11/29), haven't been checked for dilation at all. After a couple weeks of mild cramping, I've been having notable contractions for the last... eh, fifteen hours or so. Last night I got into bed and had to get right back out and go to the bathroom with diarrhea and lots of cramping. Happened twice before I was finally able to go to sleep, but I woke up repeatedly throughout the night with contractions. Since I got out of bed this morning I've been having more contractions and they're getting closer together and stronger, not lasting terribly long but I'm definitely experiencing more contractions per hour than I was overnight. And the back pain is starting really set in.

Hoping this is going to be it and a trip to the hospital is in my near future.
  • queenwog said:

I'm at 40+4 today (EDD 11/29), haven't been checked for dilation at all. After a couple weeks of mild cramping, I've been having notable contractions for the last... eh, fifteen hours or so. Last night I got into bed and had to get right back out and go to the bathroom with diarrhea and lots of cramping. Happened twice before I was finally able to go to sleep, but I woke up repeatedly throughout the night with contractions. Since I got out of bed this morning I've been having more contractions and they're getting closer together and stronger, not lasting terribly long but I'm definitely experiencing more contractions per hour than I was overnight. And the back pain is starting really set in.

Hoping this is going to be it and a trip to the hospital is in my near future.

Sounds like my labor. :) Go for a walk! Bounce on a ball! Good luck.
  • queenwog said:

Water broke! Headed to the hospital. Crazy this is happening..

Good luck, @queenwog!
    I have my fourth sweep today. Been having mild contractions all week but baby is pretty comfy so far. I really hope this is our weekend!
  • @queenwog @sarahsnowball Good luck ladies!!! I am still sitting here pregnant with no signs he's coming any time today and hubby not wanting to induce on Monday night... Eek!
  • Good luck @queenwog!

Had another NST this morning. Went great. 40+6 and don't have to worry about induction until 12/12 at 42 weeks unless future NST isn't good. Not feeling very well. Lots of cramping, headache and fatigue. ;(

Also slightly bummed that he isn't here yet; even though I know it's best for him to hang out as long as he needs to.
  • So... Who's still pregnant?!

I'm in such a weird mind set, because I'm actually still pretty comfortable and baby is still doing really well in there - so I don't want to rush baby out before s/he's ready. However I was diagnosed with GD at 37 weeks, so I will be induced later this week if I don't go into labour on my own. I'm really keen to use the birth centre at my hospital (not an option if I'm induced) but my chances are fading as time ticks on.
    I've had so many false starts that it's hard to imagine actually having a baby at this point. I know it will happen, but it's so weird having absolutely no control over this!

I'm in such a weird mind set, because I'm actually still pretty comfortable and baby is still doing really well in there - so I don't want to rush baby out before s/he's ready. However I was diagnosed with GD at 37 weeks, so I will be induced later this week if I don't go into labour on my own. I'm really keen to use the birth centre at my hospital (not an option if I'm induced) but my chances are fading as time ticks on.
    I've had so many false starts that it's hard to imagine actually having a baby at this point. I know it will happen, but it's so weird having absolutely no control over this!

The GD diagnosis sucks. :( I hope you get the labor and delivery you want! If you haven't done it yet maybe it's time for a sweep and some hanky panky ;)

The GD diagnosis sucks. :( I hope you get the labor and delivery you want! If you haven't done it yet maybe it's time for a sweep and some hanky panky ;)
    I've had 4 sweeps! I've got one more booked for Tuesday then they'll induce me. Oh well, what will be will be. It's exciting to know I'll have a baby by next weekend though :smiley:
  • @sarahsnowball glad little one is doing well in his/her mommy incubator- and glad you're still feeling well. Sending good thoughts that she/he will decide to come on his/her own. We also had an induction date scheduled but ended up going into labor before the date came! Good luck!
  • Still pregnant. 41+1... We won't do sweeps because of Gbs+ diagnosis. No induction scheduled as of yet. I'm still very comfortable but I have to admit, my emotions are all over the place waiting on this baby boy!

I want to whine about how I don't want induction but I know many of you ladies didn't either and still had to go through it.

Are we the only two left @sarahsnowball ?