January 2016 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday

Who or what is being is twatwaffle today?
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: TW Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SO is being a TW-
    Then again I'm hormonal so.....

He keeps making promises and doesn't commit to said promises and "forgets"

- he was supposed to talk to his boss (my old boss) this morning to see about me working for a month until baby comes so I can get out of the house
    He forgot
    - we were supposed to go get baby's crib today.
    He went out of state to visit his daughter (previous marriage) -- not saying I'm upset he went to visit her, I'm upset bc we had plans.

My favorite- SO, is super wishy washy, he says one thing then oh nevermind.
    On thanksgiving we went to buy a crib, they were out of the one I wanted. He said well come back on Tuesday to get it. Friday, he says, we don't need a crib, the baby will sleep in our bed...
    My moms already bought the entire nursery bedding set. If he didn't want the crib, my mom could have saved all that money.

So I'm left home alone....again... With the roommate who I cannot stand...

Another day of watching hallmark.
    Because the weather sucks.
    I have $10.

So, my boyfriend, my wallet, the room mate, the weather, and hormones are all TW's

End of my Tuesday whines.
  • Options
    My husband. He's generally an emotional guy, but he's especially emotional today. He's freaking out about having a baby, his jobs, housework, (lack of) working out, his free time, his appearance, his life in general. It's just too much for me right now and I don't know how to help because of my own hormones freaking out. I desperately need a nap before I go to work today but I'm too stressed about my husband being so stressed.
  • Options
    EmmyMommy123EmmyMommy123 member
    edited December 2015
    Canada post is being a twatwaffle for screwing around with a package I need for the bathroom renovation my nesting possessed me to have done this week! I could be at my parents house sitting in the jacuzzi bath right now (staying there during the renos while my parents are away) but instead I'm sitting at home waiting for them to tell me where my GD package is at! At least the rest of the bathroom Reno is going as planned, knock on wood. Super happy that my early labour contractions will be managed in a beautiful new shower and tub versus the anxiety the old one gave me!!

Edit: baby brain made me post sort of the same in two threads.
  • Options
    Drivers are TW. I have become unreasonably annoyed by people who change lanes in an intersection...even when they aren't directly in front of me. I just don't get why they can't wait to get past the intersection!!! Why!! Why!!??!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Work is being a TW.  So... if anyone remembers from a while back, the tv show I am working on got a new exec producer who had the option to clean house and fire us all.  She started the week before Thanksgiving and no one got fired that week, so we tentatively assumed we're all in the clear until the holidays.  (My end date has been December 18th since I was hired anyway, so I've just been praying to make it to that date.)

Anyway, yesterday, out of the blue our lead editor got fired.  So now everyone is scared.  I just need to make it two more weeks and four days but I'm really nervous now!  Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    My husband is being a bit of a TW. I had a super horny, sexual dream last night and have been waiting for DS to go down for nap so we can live out my dream and DH is doing nothing but irritating the crap out of me. I realized after he kept laughing that he's just doing his favorite type of foreplay-driving me insane. He always says he "finds me so sexy when I'm angry". Well I'm angry alright. But still horny. Ugh.

• Options
    My son is being a TW. I love him dearly, I really do. I just happen to love him a slight bit more when he naps and I have caffeine. Yesterday, he didn't nap at all until I took him in the car to get coffee (woke up at 9 am, napped in the car at 430 pm) then decided he wasn't tired and was up until 10. Today, he was up at 7 (he usually sleeps from 730 pm until 830 am)... and his one and only nap for the day lasted less than an hour. Send coffee, please.

And SO. So help me God, if that man doesn't learn to put a trash bag in the can after emptying it (which took 3 days to convince him to do) I'm going to lose it. Every last thing has been an argument with him; when DS should get up, food, dishes, trash, and the other 263418422 simple chores I've asked him to help me with recently... My house looks like hell, and apparently, he agrees but refuses to help. That's cool Honey, really. You just sleep on the couch, while I struggle to pick up toys from the floor that you keep tripping over and bitching about...
  • Options
    @scornwell717 as long as the clog hasn't filled the toilet to the top, if you keep pouring water into the toilet (to get the clog over the s bend) it will flush!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ambercakes92 whaaat how does that even work?! Tell me more. I need to know for next time, as I'm sure there will be
  • Options
    The TDaP is a TW. I haven't had a tetanus booster in a few years and I had totally forgotten how sore it makes my entire arm...
  • Options

@ambercakes92 whaaat how does that even work?! Tell me more. I need to know for next time, as I'm sure there will be

I know that at home there is a knob behind the toilet that shuts the water off so it won't overflow. I turn mine off then flush them to keep the dog from drinking out of the toilet (yes even if the lid is down he'll open it)

You probably know this but since it was at a public place there probably wasn't one, but just in case you didn't know, now you do.
  • Options
    Housework is a TW - I want to detail clean so bad but I just feel like it gets messy again too fast.  I have so much cleaning to do and so little time to do it.
  • Options
    My husband, for sure.
    Why is it, when I'm tired, not feeling well, and well--GROWING A HUMAN, do I have to still keep going until work is done, kids are cared for, dishes are clean, etc., but when he's tired, the whole damn world is supposed to stop?
    (And I can't ignore the mess--his business depends on a clean house (clients come into our home,) but I know who they're judging if it's a disaster.)
    Today, he "did the dishes," which means washing about four things poorly, and I discover that he's used my brand new Christmas hand towels to wash them. Spaghetti. On my new white and red checked towels. When I asked him about it, he acted like I should just be glad he was "trying." I'm sorry. Did you not rip the tag off of it? I just want to punch him in the face.

In the meantime, I can feel baby dropping (there's been about 4-5 inches of movement south,) so I'm freaking out about going into labor early, and he can't even wash a dang dish!
  • Options
    The other thing is that today, I was told I have to go to a meeting clear across campus on Thursday, and the way we're set up, the only logical way to get there is to walk. It's at least a half-hour brisk walk, and I'm down to a shuffle, and even that's painful. I'm barely making it to the bathroom, let alone that far.
    I tried to explain it to my supervisor, and she got all irritated, like I was making it up. Must be nice to have no responsibilities other than your sad little job.
  • Options

Why is it, when I'm tired, not feeling well, and well--GROWING A HUMAN, do I have to still keep going until work is done, kids are cared for, dishes are clean, etc., but when he's tired, the whole damn world is supposed to stop?
    This, word for word. He works 1-10 pm. He absolutely cannot (or maybe will not) stay awake... particularly when there are things to be done around the house. I did a load of dishes at 130 this morning (they've been sitting there since we hosted Thanksgiving). He continues to promise he will do them... but, he's always too tired. But guess who throws a hissy fit when there are no clean plates or forks?!
  • Options
    You know what...
    My roommate is a freaking TW
    I've complained already about him somewhere but seriously.

*background*
    When my SO and I first got together, roommate lived with SO. I moved in with them two, and roommate kept to himself. I knew he tends to burn food when he cooks - he likes to heat milk (burns), popcorn (burns), rice (burns) etc...
    Well, about 2-3 years ago for Christmas my mom bought a nice Wolfgang puck kitchen set (pots, pans etc) I REFUSED to open the box with roommate there bc I KNEW he would ruin them.
    Eventually he moved out, (job reasons) and so and I lived alone for 2ish years.
    We moved to a mobile home and the roommate had to come back to this part of town (job reasons) and SO told him he could live with us.
    ( like I said, he lived with us before so I was cool with it- he keeps to himself.)
    Well, the roommate cooked his milk the other night... Burned it SO FREAKING BAD that my NICE saucepan has been sitting in the sink blackened for two mother loving days soaking.
    I saw it yesterday morning - cursed like a sailor.. Dumped out the water, re filled the pot with hot water and soap.. He came home from work and tried washing it. Failed. So today, he fills the pot up with water, BOILS it to get the burned milk off the bottom... Tries to wash it, puts it back in the sink soaking in water...
    I told my SO if he ruins my pot, he owes me a new set.

Also, he doesn't know how to properly use my washing machine.
    It's an older model we bought of a friend a few years ago... Never had any problems.
    You literally turn to 14 and pull and it works.
    This joker, pulls it, then turns it while te washer is on to try to find 14 (usually takes 3 turns) while the washer is trying to find out wtf he's doing ( fills up, spins, cycles) seriously.

I have nothing against people drinking.
    Roommate can drink an entire 6-12 pack alone, in one day.
    I don't want that around my child.
    He leaves the empty box beside the trash bin on the floor- what if when my kid starts to crawl he get ahold of one of these bottles?

Maybe I'm blowing things out if proportion, but seriously, I almost can't take it anymore.
    Looking at him annoys me, hearing him talk annoys me, smelling the burned scent annoys me...

I'm trying to hint to SO that I don't eat him living with us anymore- but, the man doesn't have anywhere else to go he also helps pay the rent......

I'm scared one day he's going to burn the house down.
    If my SO wasn't home earlier he might have succeeded.
  • Options
    My body and my baby is being a TW.
    I went to my ultrasound today. My daughter would not move even after eating and drinking something. I was sent for a NST, which she passed. Some how beating the crap out of monitors is more fun?
    I do another ultrasound tomorrow morning. Also I need less insulin so that means my placenta is starting to fail...fun times. Since I'm only 30 weeks, my OB is putting me on part time work and we don't know if I will make it to the end of this month even. If anything is off I will be seen in the office ASAP during office hours and after hours I am to immediately go to L&D. I'm not allowed to stand for very long and I am not allowed to lift anything more than 2lbs.
    And I have to pee in a jug for 24 hours, so I told SO not to drink it.
    I also have anemia. Fun times!
  • Options
    My DH is a twat waffle. He comes home from work, comes in kissing my neck and getting me all buttered up saying wonderfully dirty things. I get up and he goes "UGH IM TRYING TO JUST EAT AND CHILL TONIGHT"

.... O RLY bc it sure didn't seem like it .5 seconds ago....

So now I'm horny and laying in bed as he watches some horrible Netflix movie. FML
  • Options
    I wish I had a husband or SO to complain about but still love :( my baby's dad is ALWAYS a twatwaffle cause he doesn't love me and has barely been there for baby-related things. For pete's sake if you don't wanna be with me at least be there to pleasure me when I'm horny...how do we think baby got here to begin with?!
  • Options
    @scornwell717 okay I've seen your posts about that guy before and he definitely takes a large piece of the cake for being a TW. Hang in there. You deserve more than a great orgasm. I mean that sincerely. Lol
  • Options
    Client is a TW. My maternity leave starts in Jan. She's known this since I announced the pregnancy back in July. Today she mentions she'll be gone for a week in Dec, and miss 2 sessions. Cool, Dec is already paid and my policies are that we can reschedule planned absences, so I start pulling up my Dec schedule. She asks if sometime in Jan will work. Um, no, I'll be on maternity leave. So THEN she asks about rescheduling them in Feb. Seriously?? What part of maternity leave do you not understand? I should add that I work out of my home, so there's already kind of an ongoing struggle to separate work and home life. Also, this client is a 60ish years old woman, a mom and grandma, and should so totally know better. I feel like she's trying to almost make me feel guilty about having a baby.
  • Options
    Hahaha thanks @maddisonwallace I'm trying to hang in there as much as I can. Glad to see a sister's got my back ;)
  • Options
    @carlyhammond - I have some stainless steel pots by wolfgang puck that I also love in case you haven't tried it yet, bar keepers friend works wonders on them.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed @maureenmce und @PedsIsHardcore !!! :-)
  • Options
    Jessdub10 said:

@carlyhammond - I have some stainless steel pots by wolfgang puck that I also love in case you haven't tried it yet, bar keepers friend works wonders on them.

This! I was gonna suggest the same. Bar keepers friend makes all the difference on stainless steel pots/pans. It's like $3 at Home Depot and they have it on Amazon too. I find it works best with a scrub brush. Brush it on there with a little water to make a paste. Let it soak for a few minutes. Wash. Repeat as needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I found baking soda works great. I've burned my stainless steel pans a couple of times really bad and it cleaned them nicely.
  • Options
    We FINALLY got the black chardness off my pots. Three days later.
    Brillo pads!! ( and some fabric softener -- my moms idea)
    I'll definately look into bar keepers friend :)
    Thanks y'all!