August 2016 Moms

Life style changes!

Now that you know you are pregnant, what are the everyday changes u made or trying to make.

For me-
1. Trying to sleep on sides, I used to sleep on my stomach.
2. Healthier food, more of fruits and veggies

What about you ?

Re: Life style changes!

• No changes except for cutting out alcohol. I'll start a prenatal as soon as I can get to the store.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Started prenatals, and already missing my raw milk and medium rare steak. :(
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrskal You can sleep on your tummy until at least 15-18 weeks.

I'm trying to cut back on my high intensity cardio workouts, limit caffeine intake (which really sucks!) and obviously, I've cut out alcohol.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I'm already a side sleeper and I cut out alcohol about a month ago. I have been on prenatals since we started TTC. I have definitely improved my diet and I have quit CrossFit and started doing yoga instead.  I did (sadly) cut out sushi, my favorite food. And I miss eggs with runny yolks and medium rare steaks. 
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • Nothing really. Since ttc I changed my lifestyle to reflect how I would be while pregnant. Was already on prenatal vitamins, don't drink caffeine or alcohol. Only thing is I am trying to monitor my hot baths and shower. Making sure they aren't too warm and raising my body temperature to high.
  • I've been sleeping on my side and taking prenatals since my last pregnancy. So nothing really is a big change for me. Although, I will probably work on lowering my caffeine intake.
  • Nothing really. Since ttc I changed my lifestyle to reflect how I would be while pregnant. Was already on prenatal vitamins, don't drink caffeine or alcohol. Only thing is I am trying to monitor my hot baths and shower. Making sure they aren't too warm and raising my body temperature to high.

Nothing really. Since ttc I changed my lifestyle to reflect how I would be while pregnant. Was already on prenatal vitamins, don't drink caffeine or alcohol. Only thing is I am trying to monitor my hot baths and shower. Making sure they aren't too warm and raising my body temperature to high.

I didn't know about monitoring the shower part,
    Thanx, will keep a check now on!
  • I need to eat better and move around a ton more. (Not strenuously of course) I'm a bit of a couch potato (understatement) so definitely need to get a little more in shape to keep up with baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @misspuppychow, how long had you been doing CrossFit before you quit to do yoga?  Just curious. 

No huge life changes here yet, besides the obvious ones (no alcohol, start a prenatal, etc).

• @candypantsls, I did CrossFit for a little over 2 years! I can't wait to go back after baby is born. I would just have too many limitations that it's not worth it to keep going. I have more limitations than most because I'm at a high-risk for miscarriage, IUGR, and preterm labor. 
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • I'm 35 and pregnant with our first baby. My life style changes are as follows since finding out we are expecting:

1. No alcohol consumption
    2. Limited caffeine intake
    3. Eating organic fruits & veggies
    4. Cut back on processed meats
    5. Listening to my body when it says rest
    6. Walking a lot more
  • candypantslscandypantsls member
    edited November 2015
    @misspuppychow, totally gotcha.  I was going to encourage you to keep doing it (I did it through my last pregnancy!) but then I saw you were high-risk and I totally get it!  Yoga will be an awesome change of pace and kudos to you for staying in shape and taking care of yourself.
  • I'm trying to get back into a yoga routine, and eat more fruit and veggies, cut back on coffee, and up my water intake. But i really miss wine!