TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Check-in 11/30

Welcome to TTCAL! This is a great thread to introduce yourself and jump into posting. If you get your BFP, don't forget to come back and update us!

1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)

3. GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)?
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: TTCAL Check-in 11/30

• Options
    2. Benched/ waiting for my first AF. I've been charting since the bleeding from my MC started. FF gave me crosshairs so I should be expecting AF December 9. I am not sure if I trust the crosshairs though. I was sick with a fever leading up to it. Then I was sleeping in a different house all of last week and still have a lingering cough. We will see.

3. We like to get our Christmas tree by the first weekend after Thanksgiving and have most of our decorating done. This is our first Christmas in our house (in an apartment previously) so not sure how the decorating will go.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    2.  AF arrived yesterday so I'm waiting to ovulate.  It started super heavy and suddenly, but much lighter today.  If I ovulate on time and things go well it would be awesome to get a bfp for Christmas.

3. We drove up to the mountains to cut our tree yesterday and started the decorating.  Finished most of it this morning, but we still have to put the ornaments on the tree.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. I am supposed to still be benched (waiting on AF #1) but my body is playing tricks with my mind. I have some pregnancy symptoms. We had an oops moment 12 days post D&C. We have been careful ever since. I keep telling myself it's impossible, the days would not work unless I kept my pre d&c cycle, which did not happen last time. I have been temping but my chart is all over the place, so confusing. AF should be due sometime between late this week and next week. I am anxiously waiting for her. I keep telling myself-there is no way!

3. We bought a new tree yesterday! Started decorating the apt right after Thanksgiving. We are still not done. Usually after thanksgiving is my green light to start my Christmas mode. DH knows how much I love Christmas and that I would start after Halloween if I could!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. I'm excited to be back on the bump! I had a miscarriage at the end of august. My doctor directed us to wait until this cycle to try again!
    2. WTO. Hopefully in the next few days.
    3. We are decorating for christmas tonight!
  • Options
    1. MC naturally at 12w

2. TWW (praying for a BFP)

3. We started the day before thanksgiving, we just couldn't help it :)

• Options
    WTO...should be this weekend. DH has been warned ;)

I decorated on Friday while DH was working and then he put the tree up yesterday...I am putting the ornaments on the tree now!
  • Options
    Currently WTO, should be any day now. Ovulated cycle day 23 last cycle with a 35 day cycle but that was short for me. Currently on cycle day 22 a we will see. This is my 11 month TTC and 6th month (3rd cycle) TTCAL.

I did most of my decorating this past weekend. We finished our basement last year so have twice as much living space to decorate this year. Bought a fake tree for our basement but will get a real tree this coming weekend for upstairs!
  • Options
    @ssnova good luck! FX for you!! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    2. Cycle 2 TTCAL. TWW. 7 DPO and so anxious I don't have as much willpower as you @lgem4. I took a test today. Clearly negative. I am gonna try to wait a few more days before I do again--maybe til Saturday. Just really want my BFP this month so it's before Christmas!!

3. We started the day after Thanksgiving and have been working on it since!
  • Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) Just finishing what I believe is the first AF after miscarriage. This whole thing is such a mind-f. 

3. GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)? We aren't big decorators as we usually travel for the holidays. Last year I purchased some lights and put them up right before the holidays. My goal is to do is at least a couple weeks ahead of Christmas. 
  • Options
    Thank you @crob5685 hopefully I have good news in a few weeks
  • Options
    Question.............should I be concerned that my period has been light and short, light enough that I don't need a pad.? Last month's was a little heavier but only need a liner and was 3 days long, thus time it was 2 days and spotting on the 3rd. Don't know if this makes a difference but the months I got a peak with my clearblue Advanced opk are the months that are a little heavier and the months that I didn't get a peak just high are really light and short.

2. Wto my period showed up thanksgiving night at work naturally.

3 I started decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving still have a little more to do.
  • Options
    BornReadyBornReady member
    edited December 2015
    Question.............should I be concerned that my period has been light and short, light enough that I don't need a pad.? Last month's was a little heavier but only need a liner and was 3 days long, thus time it was 2 days and spotting on the 3rd. Don't know if this makes a difference but the months I got a peak with my clearblue Advanced opk are the months that are a little heavier and the months that I didn't get a peak just high are really light and short. 2. Wto my period showed up thanksgiving night at work naturally. 3 I started decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving still have a little more to do.

Stuck in quote box::::
    I have a history of very light periods (bleeding for 1.5 days),but I have always needed a tampon or pad for at least that one day. I have had two OBGYNs tell me it's not a big deal. However, yours seem really, really light. What was your typical before your loss? 

Regardless,  I'd probably ask your doctor. I am also curious whether the months you don't get a "peak" you are actually having an anovulatory cycle and the bleeding is breakthrough bleeding and not a true period. Have you have charted your temps to track/confirm ovulation ? If that's an option for you, that might be a good idea to get a better idea of what's going on.

• Options
    @BornReady i tried to chart but it got to the point where I was loosing sleep cause I was worried I wouldn't remember to take my temp. Also I sleep with my mouth open so it made my temps wonky when I tried. I might try this cycle just to see what happens. My period has always been light but usually I would occasionally leak on my panty if I didn't use the restroom every couple hours
  • Options
    @lgem4 congrats!

@fairygirl86 my periods after birth control were only 2 days of light bleeding with a day of spotting before and after. It could be just fine. If your concerned talk to your doctor. I do recommend charting like PP said. If your temps are all over the place you could try temping vaginally. I hear that results with more consistent temps.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @Igem4 congratulations that's so exciting!!! prayers for a healthy mom and baby!!
  • Options
    Congrats @lgem4 !  I wouldn't have been able to hold out either!
  • Options
    GoldenTMamaGoldenTMama member
    edited December 2015
    Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)
    We are still benched this month, but I don't think we are being as careful as we should be... I'm also still trying to figure out the whole temping thing, so i'm not 100% sure when I am ovulating. As I had a temp spike yesterday but I am sick and that is only CD 10. I have a cold, but not a fever (i'm normally on the cooler side and my spike was to 98.17) so i'm not sure if it is the cold or ovulation, although that seems pretty early. 

GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)?
    We Celebrate Christmas. We normally would have started this past weekend but we both had a cold and were being lazy. We will decorate this weekend and hopefully get a tree since we will be out of town the weekend after that. 

And Congrats @lgem4 ! Best wishes to you! 

edit: Because I never get it right the first time
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Status: Just finished bleeding from my misoprostol induced MC. I am sooo happy to have it behind me. Baby stopped developing in week 6. My second like this this year. Will be doing clomid & progesterone support after ovulation when we are cleared to start trying again. This will either be once I get HCG back to zero & have a period or 1 cycle later. I'm not totally sure but should know more once I have another follow-up ultrasound and labs next week.

GTKY: I haven't put out my Christmas decorations in 2 years. Only a small tree last year. I will probably decorate this weekend. It is also our 1st anniversary on Sunday so doing something festive will be fun.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @lgem4 and @1faceinacrowd congrats on your BFPs! It has been a good couple of weeks for ladies on our board! Here's hoping the lucky streak continues!
  • Options
    penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited December 2015
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc):  Still benched.  2 weeks until my follow up doctor's appt, 3 weeks until we are technically unbenched (assuming everything is ok at that dr's appt).

3. GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)?  Not sure.  I am Catholic and DH is Jewish.  Last year we got an XMas tree a week or two before Xmas but DH wasn't really into it.  We live in an apt and don't celebrate either holiday here so idk if we will decorate this year or not.

Congrats @lgem4!
  • Options
    @1faceinacrowd congratulations!! I remember you were just saying you were feeling some signs of pregnancy but didn't think it was right...I'm glad you were wrong and ended up getting that BFP!!
  • Options
    @1faceinacrowd congrats

Question

I am waiting for my first AF post MC. My chart (in siggy) is all over the place because I was sick/fever and then a week sleeping somewhere different. FF says I'm 8 DPO (I think I'm a little more). My question is can MC change your usual LP length? Mine was 14 but I started spotting today so it looks like it's going to be 8-12 depending on when I truly ovulated.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Congrats @lgem4 and @1faceinacrowd !!!! Happy and healthy 9 months and sticky babies for you both!

Status: Wondering if the incredibly light amounts of bright red blood I'm getting that barely fill my liner the past 2 days are my new, incredibly light AF? Benched until I figure it out / get my doc to call me back and talk to me about AF.

GTKY: I started decorating on Black Friday and listening to Yuletide music on Thanksgiving. I don't celebrate Christmas, but we do have a Yule tree and a Yule log at my house. There are stockings and garlands and ribbon as well - but those are more for my husband's parents when they visit because they hate that I'm not Christian.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    2. I'm still benched - Waiting for AF! I've never wanted a period more in my entire life, haha!

3. I'm finishing up with my classes for the semester, so Hubs and I aren't quite decorated for Christmas yet. Hopefully I will be able to carve out some time this weekend to get our tree (and other knick-knacks) up!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    2.) still two more weeks to go for my follow up appointment for my D&C and waiting for AF.
    I'm guessing the doctor will tell me to wait at least two cycles, anyway. Ugh.

3.) We are pretty much all done. Started thanksgiving weekend. I love having the tree up as long as possible without venturing into weirdo crazy lady territory.
  • Options
    Update:

My status is currently WTO now, doc and temping confirmed AF did come. :) still have HCG in my system but the levels have dropped to 19, and getting lower!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new) I'm not exactly new to the board (newish still though) but this is my first time doing the check-in so I'll do a brief intro. DH and I have been TTC#1 since January 2015. First BFP was in October but sadly it ended in an early MC at 6w4d. We're now back to TTC hoping for our rainbow baby.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) TWW: 14DPO. My luteal phase was 12 days before the MC but it looks like it's lengthened to 14 days. So I guess that's a small win? Tested this morning and BFN so I'm pretty sure I'm out. Just impatiently waiting for AF to arrive.

3. GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)? DH and I don't decorate. We are never home for the holidays between driving 15 hours to see my family then 15 hours home, then 5 hours a day or 2 later to see his family and finally home. It just doesn't seem worth it to decorate and then not being able to be home and enjoy it. Plus then after all the traveling we'd have to come home and take down lights and all. I guess we're just too lazy to feel like it's worth it.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats on the BFP, guys!!

2. Updated Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc), No longer benched! FIrst AF showed up today-yay! My chart last cycle is a mess due to the mc, so it will be good to start temping consistently. WTO now.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new) Hesitantly moving over here... I have recently miscarried at 9w, it was my first pregnancy and the miscarriage happened so quickly and was a huge shock, especially because at 8w I had an ultrasound and was told everything looked great. I'm still "benched" but we are hoping to start TTC as soon as possible. We both had been so excited about being pregnant and are really looking forward to starting our family.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, et) : mentioned above but, benched

3. GTKY: When do you start decorating for Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate)? Since we are living in Tanzania I honestly don't think we will do any decorating at home. We're currently renting a small house while building our real house so still in transition. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)