Baby Names
Options

Opinions please!

Going to crowd source here...wanted to do a poll to be slick but then I'd have to do two since I have two questions...

First, the name Daisy. I LOVE it, but DH thinks it's too cutesy for an adult. It goes well with our last name and while it's cute I don't think it's terrible for an adult.

Second, I found another name I like, Delmar. But out last names starts "Mar-" and I wonder if it's too much.

Thoughts?

Re: Opinions please!

• Options
    I also don't care for Daisy on an adult it's a but too cutesy for my taste.

I also wouldn't use a name that ends with how your surname starts.

• Options
    I wouldn't name my LO Daisy. I just can't picture her in high school, college, applying for jobs with "Hi I'm Daisy." I don't think people will take her seriously. If you want, just use it as a family nn when she's little.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Daisy is a guilty pleasure name of mine BUT I don't think it ages well. Delmar Mar-whatever is a no go.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to vote no on both.
  • Options
    No to both. Daisy is too cutesy even for a kid.
  • Options
    UO here but I think Daisy is a nice name. I wouldn't necessarily name my child that but I would not side eye it on another person, regardless of age.
    I think Delmar is hideous.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:

UO here but I think Daisy is a nice name. I wouldn't necessarily name my child that but I would not side eye it on another person, regardless of age.
    I think Delmar is hideous.

I only see Delmar Peninsula. Mmmmm crab cakes and fruity wines.
  • Options
    Nope, sorry. 
  • Options
    Think of Disneyland.

Delmar-think of San Diego. Is that a boy name?
  • Options
    Daisy is too cutesy. Delmar with a Mar is too much. If you like that, maybe Marisol?

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    No to both.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    no  and no
  • Options
    No to both, sorry! :-1:
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    So Daisy is actually a nn for Margaret. How? No clue. I guess by the same logic used to justify Peggy as a nn for Margaret. So you see where i'm going with this - i personally love the name Daisy but if you want her to have an officially "serious" name, why not name her Margaret, call her Daisy at home and then she's free to sift through the many nns available for Margaret (Marge, Margie, Maggie, Peggy, Daisy, Meg, Gretta etc) as she gets older?
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Oh yes, I forgot about your last name. Let's say your last name is Marley. Just so I have a springboard with which to sense cadence. So Delmar Marley pretty much guarantees she's going to grow up to be either a hip hop artist or a comedian. Pretty good careers but not the best outcome if she decides to, say, teach junior high.. Margaret Marley, even though it sounds quite nice, would also be pretty gruesome in the wrong hands..
  • Options
    Daisy would be too cutesy for my taste but I wouldn't side eye a person of whatever age with that name.

Are you team green or are you thinking Delmar for a girl? It's a masculine name, as far as I know. The name is not my style but I know an older man with that name and it's not bad. He goes by Del. That said, I don't think it works with a last name starting with Mar. 
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to vote no on both.
    same!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm with @ecwk here- I honestly don't mind daisy. Personally, it makes me think of daisy Fuentes who I used to LOVE watching on house of style way back when it was on mtv lol. But yah, a big two thumbs down for delmar... also, I'm pretty sure Delmar is a boys name, like in "o brother where art thou"
  • Options
    Nope and no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Yeah I found Delmar on a list of Hispanic girl names. Means "of the sea." I've seen it come up for girls or boys. I would use it if it wasn't for the last name. Still can't decide for Daisy. I don't like Margaret or Marguerite for the same reason "-mar" with our last name. The search continues.
  • Options
    Yeah I found Delmar on a list of Hispanic girl names. Means "of the sea." I've seen it come up for girls or boys. I would use it if it wasn't for the last name. Still can't decide for Daisy. I don't like Margaret or Marguerite for the same reason "-mar" with our last name. The search continues.
    Delmar is definitely a masculine name in the U.S. at least, presumably where she'd be growing up and living.

Definite no on Delmar. I also don't think Daisy would suit a grown woman very well.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of either, however, i would go with Daisy over Delmar.

pretty sure Delmar is a community college in the US somewhere. i swear I've seen a commercial for it while watching Jerry Springer or Maury, hahaha.