May 2016 Moms

Forget SO- what do YOU want for Christmas/Hanukkah!

I love giving,...but its also fun to get. So what are you hoping Santa leaves you this year?

I asked DH for a nice pair of nursing PJS for when I am in the hospital and a prenatal massage. Honestly I don't need anything and would like these "splurge" gifts this year.
I also sent him link for a $3000 vintage emerald ring. HAHA, wishful thinking!
cat christmas present gift christmas animals

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Forget SO- what do YOU want for Christmas/Hanukkah!

• I want some Alex and Ani bracelets with the birthstones of my daughter and the new LO. But I don't know if I'll have her in April or May. I did tell my husband all I want for Christmas is a little weekend getaway for a babymoon. Doesn't have to be expensive, but a quick getaway. I'm always the planner so that would be an amazing gift from him. Other than that, if parents want to buy us something I would hope it's baby related. 
  • I want some Alex and Ani bracelets with the birthstones of my daughter and the new LO. But I don't know if I'll have her in April or May. I did tell my husband all I want for Christmas is a little weekend getaway for a babymoon. Doesn't have to be expensive, but a quick getaway. I'm always the planner so that would be an amazing gift from him. Other than that, if parents want to buy us something I would hope it's baby related. 
    I'm requesting the birthstone bracelets for Mother's Day-- though Amazon has them on sale today...
  • Loading the player...
  • vinerievinerie member
    edited November 2015
    If I'm being honest...I want an emerald ring with a gold band. It's probably more like an anniversary present down the road, but I really, really want one! And a Marc Jacobs bag. Unfortunately, DH has no idea who Marc Jacobs is, so I doubt that is coming my way. ETA: Just saw your line about an emerald ring, @yogahh! Great minds...
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I would love some items for the kitchen, or a nice massage, or mani/pedi.  Alas, DH has already purchased my gifts and his parents decided their family exchange would just be gift cards this year (boring!!!), so anything on my wishlist has to come from me I guess!  I would love some birthstone jewelry too but we're so close to April that I wouldn't want to chance it til after LO is born!
  • vinerie said:
    If I'm being honest...I want an emerald ring with a gold band. It's probably more like an anniversary present down the road, but I really, really want one! And a Marc Jacobs bag. Unfortunately, DH has no idea who Marc Jacobs is, so I doubt that is coming my way. ETA: Just saw your line about an emerald ring, @yogahh! Great minds...
    This is what I am LUSTING over.... someday when we win the lotto

cat fail animated GIF

• That is gorgeous, @yogahh. Also, you had me at " Art Deco" haha. Love that style.
    My H has to travel to this gem and mineral show every year for work. He's a geoscientist, and he goes to scour for minerals, which he needs for work. Anyhow, he asked if I wanted to come this year because "We could look for emeralds." I said yes, let's book the flight today!!

• I asked for brown boots, maternity PJ bottoms, the Harry Potter Bluray set (but only if it went on sale significantly...it did!) and whatever else he wanted to get me so long as it's useful. I know I'm getting a new dust-vac because DH asked me to order it... We're pretty transparent with gifts, especially since I'm the price-shopper of the family. Generally, DH asks me what I want, then will ask me to buy it when it goes on sale or when I can stack discounts. Sometimes he'll surprise me with something I don't know about. : )
  • vinerie said:
    That is gorgeous, @yogahh. Also, you had me at " Art Deco" haha. Love that style.
    My H has to travel to this gem and mineral show every year for work. He's a geoscientist, and he goes to scour for minerals, which he needs for work. Anyhow, he asked if I wanted to come this year because "We could look for emeralds." I said yes, let's book the flight today!!
    Is it in Tuscan? I went to that a few years ago (and ex was from the area and we were visiting)... its was so cool!! not only were there gems galore, but dinosaur bones too. 

cat fail animated GIF

• DH is a great person but terrible at gifts. We are planning to buy a house so we are each picking what we want & it'll be something practical- boring but it makes sense! Secretly id like a new camera body. We get to spend Christmas Eve with just us so I'm pretty pumped about that. :)
  • We aren't exchanging gifts this year but what I would want would be:

-a Vera Bradly purse
    -this hand vac...it would be so great for the sofa and the car. I hate hauling the vacuum outside but really love having a clean car interior.
    -this crank radio for when the power goes out (not too often here but often enough. If we get the house we want, it will happen a lot more often)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I'm really hoping I get a Cricut for Christmas. I'm hoping for some very crafty gifts.... but now that I see your lists I'm thinking I should add manis, pedis, prenatal massages, and nursing gowns. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • The only think I know I want at this point is the Secret Garden coloring book (it's for grownups!) and a nice set of fine point markers to color it with.

I'm also thinking about asking for (GASP!) a pair of Uggs. I know they're ugly but they're so cozy and warm and could really make winter dog walks a lot more comfortable.

• yogahh said:
    vinerie said:
    That is gorgeous, @yogahh. Also, you had me at " Art Deco" haha. Love that style.
    Is it in Tuscan? I went to that a few years ago (and ex was from the area and we were visiting)... its was so cool!! not only were there gems galore, but dinosaur bones too. 

It is in Tucson!

• vinerie said:
    yogahh said:
    vinerie said:

It is in Tucson!
    OMG thats what I meant! HA!!

cat fail animated GIF

• kbrands7 said:
    I want some Alex and Ani bracelets with the birthstones of my daughter and the new LO. But I don't know if I'll have her in April or May. I did tell my husband all I want for Christmas is a little weekend getaway for a babymoon. Doesn't have to be expensive, but a quick getaway. I'm always the planner so that would be an amazing gift from him. Other than that, if parents want to buy us something I would hope it's baby related. 
    I'm requesting the birthstone bracelets for Mother's Day-- though Amazon has them on sale today...

I was going to buy myself a birthstone type gift with my son...I was due Sept 20th, and then had him Oct 4th. Glad I didnt buy it! haha...but if you're more toward the middle of the month you may still make it within May either way.
  • Honestly what I really want is the really nice road bike his cousin is selling. It's ridiculously expensive though (even at half off what they originally bought it for) so I don't see that happening. Right now I run and I've always wanted to get into biking as well so it would be perfect for after baby. Dream gift obviously. Maybe DH will surprise me. ;)

Really though... A new bag and wallet, a birthstone necklace I found on etsy with the babies birthstone, and a set of comfy pajamas.
  • Your husbands actually buy you presents?!? I've gotten my own gifts for the past 3 years. I also wrap them myself. It's not that he is lazy or anything...I just know exactly what I want most of the time and I handle our budget, so I just go ahead and buy it myself! He does always get me Godiva chocolate covered strawberries and lottery tickets though! 

That said-- I bought myself a maternity jacket and a cape from h&m (https://www.hm.com/us/product/32612?article=32612-C&cm_vc=SEARCH#article=32612-D). I may actually buy myself a new laptop. This one sucks. & possibly another gate to keep the little one contained. 
  • I've been thinking about a remote starter for my car...we live in RI and I starting thinking it might be nice to not put baby in a freezing/sweltering car for 6 months out of the year.  Also I'd like to not get into a freezing/sweltering car for 6 months out of the year :)
  • kami09 said:

Your husbands actually buy you presents?!? I've gotten my own gifts for the past 3 years.

I should emphasize... I have to give my DH a very detailed list with sizes, colors, links, etc. to shop for me. And it pretty much has to be online bc he hates shopping. If I didn't do that its quite possible I would just be buying my own gifts as well.
  • I wanted a robe (DH went ahead and gave me one), prenatal massage, pedi/mani, new contouring makeup/brushes, a dutch oven (DH's grandmother gave me her Bad A one when I mentioned this), and a holiday dress. Is that too much to ask??
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I asked for a new pair of Ugg boots and yes, as @LadySamLady has mentioned, I know they're ugly, but they are my go to comfy shoe during the cold winter and the pair I've had has way out lasted their $200 price tag (I've had them 10 years and wearing them as I type). Then I asked for some comfy maternity pajamas that will get me through pregnancy and nursing, a Fitbit charge hr, a sewing machine, and hubby already got me a monthly membership at massage envy so I'm going to go start using those to get my prenatal massages. Our anniversary is January 7, so I figure I'd give a little list and let my husband and family hash it out.
  • kami09 said:
    kbrands7 said:
    I want some Alex and Ani bracelets with the birthstones of my daughter and the new LO. But I don't know if I'll have her in April or May. I did tell my husband all I want for Christmas is a little weekend getaway for a babymoon. Doesn't have to be expensive, but a quick getaway. I'm always the planner so that would be an amazing gift from him. Other than that, if parents want to buy us something I would hope it's baby related. 

I was going to buy myself a birthstone type gift with my son...I was due Sept 20th, and then had him Oct 4th. Glad I didnt buy it! haha...but if you're more toward the middle of the month you may still make it within May either way.
    I'm due May 7th, but they'll do a repeat c section at 39 weeks which would be April 30th. Guess there's still a possibly they'd do it at 39w1d+. So I'm right on the cusp. Figured I'll have to wait until Mother's Day or until we have a date set.
  • aaah, you guys don't even want to know. ;)
  • doozer1345doozer1345 member
    edited December 2015
    Merciel said:
    aaah, you guys don't even want to know. ;)
    Is it?..............

Because I LOVE this movie
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• ...I, uh, have to confess that the reference escapes me. I don't think I've seen that one.
  • @merciel, When Harry Met Sally. I haven't seen it either, but I am familiar with this infamous scene.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16

• Merciel said:

aaah, you guys don't even want to know. ;)

Is it?..............

Because I LOVE this movie

I'll have what she's having

cat fail animated GIF

• Oooh. Ahaa.

Well, score zero for me on pop culture (YET AGAIN), but I appreciate the explanation.
  • My husband is an amazing Christmas gift giver; he picked out gorgeous Tiffany pearl earrings one year, kitchen aid mixer another and then last year he picked out a gorgeous Kate spade bag. I was very impressed by how cute the bag was he picked out all by himself. So this year I'm really hoping for a matching Kate spade wallet, we set a pretty tight budget because he usually goes overboard so hoping he can find one in our budget
  • From my H I asked for a Kate Spade wallet (it was on sale on Black Friday for half off...so I bought it!), a rose gold bar necklace and some bath stuff/candles etc.

I've asked for some maternity clothes (from my mom), a new flat iron, a remote start (from dad), massages, mani/pedis, etc. Last year my dad told me he didn't like my list and asked me to add more expensive things on it. So this year I did and I haven't heard complaints. Serves him right! 

But I'm lusting over:

AND HOLY CRAP IT'S ON SALE! THANK GOODNESS FOR CYBER MONDAY!
  • I honestly haven't thought of anything that I want for Christmas surprisingly. I've been trying to figure out what I want to get my kids. I'll have to come back to this thread. But my dh isn't really the best shopper.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • And it was another 30% off - so I got a mega deal - 80% off! 
  • I'm the worst in December because I go ahead and buy all the things I like with the sales and tell my husband that these things are my Christmas present. But it never fails that I feel sad on Christmas day I have nothing to open. I'm going to make a very conscious effort to give him a list of things and then just let it happen. I need a new pair of short uggs which are perfect for dog walking at night. Plus, we're moving to a place where there's snow, so I think I finally qualify for ugg boots. I also try dropping subtle hints like playing Rihanna's Diamonds for him on a regular basis (okay, not so subtle). We didn't do Christmas gifts last year because we were paying down debt but we'll be done this month, and this mama just got a Christmas bonus. Gifts for everyone!

Curious about how you hide gift purchases? We have two separate accounts our paychecks feed into, but we both can see each other's accounts. We also pay attention to them because of debt pay down. Something like amazon isn't telling, but other things are. Do y'all just take out a wad of cash for shopping? I feel like so much is online now.
  • missnc77 said:

I'm the worst in December because I go ahead and buy all the things I like with the sales and tell my husband that these things are my Christmas present. But it never fails that I feel sad on Christmas day I have nothing to open. I'm going to make a very conscious effort to give him a list of things and then just let it happen. I need a new pair of short uggs which are perfect for dog walking at night. Plus, we're moving to a place where there's snow, so I think I finally qualify for ugg boots. I also try dropping subtle hints like playing Rihanna's Diamonds for him on a regular basis (okay, not so subtle). We didn't do Christmas gifts last year because we were paying down debt but we'll be done this month, and this mama just got a Christmas bonus. Gifts for everyone!

Curious about how you hide gift purchases? We have two separate accounts our paychecks feed into, but we both can see each other's accounts. We also pay attention to them because of debt pay down. Something like amazon isn't telling, but other things are. Do y'all just take out a wad of cash for shopping? I feel like so much is online now.
    We do everything online, but I do the shopping and banking, so it's not really an issue. DH and I have separate credit cards though we have a joint account, so if he wanted to buy something as a surprise, he'd just charge it. (I usually just have him check his own statement monthly and tell me the total for budgeting. )
  • I already bought everything that I want. Just a leather storage ottoman, water glasses, and a bunch of bath and lotion products in my favorite scent. He's been insisting on getting me a new lap top so we shall see if he actually does.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• And Ugg love 4eva. Especially while pregnant. Comfort > style.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• I'm going to sound like a total dork when I post what I want compared to all the nice things pp's have posted. 
    Martha Steward loom knitting kit (I know I'm getting this, I had to purchase it with his card at the craft store)

What I would really like though is a subscription to NerdBox classic. 
    Tickets to the Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith Christmas concert that is coming up in a couple of weeks
    Legos..... lots and lots of Legos.  I love Legos and I have heard that they are coming out with a Doctor Who themed set. 
    Garfield's holiday trilogy set on dvd (remember the old school Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas shows from back in the 80s with the original Garfield?  NOT the stupid new cartoon network version)
    I'd like a Pandora bracelet
    A Wii U with all the Lego video games. 
    I know I'm not going to get much of anything on my list though.

What can I say, I'm a nerd/kid at heart.  "Growing older is mandatory.  Growing up is optional"

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • MH is the BEST at giving gifts. Seriously! He is so incredibly thoughtful and creative, which always surprises everyone because he is usually very quiet and not very emotionally expressive (he is also a big, hulking, bearded truck driver with a shaved head and tattoos so he looks like he wouldn't know the right Vera Bradley bag for my mom or be able to pick out the perfect silk scarf for my grandma, but don't be fooled!). In our family, everyone always looks forward to what he picks out because he has impeccable taste and thinks outside the box. He can pick out the best accessories and clothes and is everyone's go-to for gift ideas for everyone else. He has already hinted that he can't wait for me to open his gift to me and I am so ridiculously excited! I am horrible at thinking of gifts for myself or others because I am too practical and not very creative. I got MH tickets to a concert on Thursday and while he is super excited, I feel like it is kind of lame. When my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I actually said money. Hey, it's what I need! She just shook her head and said she would ask MH later.

But you ladies have given me some good ideas, especially with the prenatal massage and mani-pedi. My sisters would love an excuse for a girls' spa day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I mentioned the other day that I have been lusting over a Lily Jade diaper bag, but would never buy or even register for one because it's so expensive. My MIL asked me to pick out which one I liked, and she will get it for me for Christmas :)

DH asked me the other day what I wanted, and all I can think of is baby stuff. I asked for a glider for the nursery. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I'm constantly trying to get rid of stuff, so I like the idea of asking for a planned babymoon adventure! I need to think of some other things though - last year I told my family not to get me anything, because they had helped me so much when I was getting a new house. My dad complied 100%, but my mom loves gifting so much that she just gave me a bunch of random small things that I didn't really want and didn't know what to do with. So gotta be more specific this year!