September 2015 Moms
Options

Head Control

I admit I was not good with tummy time when baby came home from hospital as I was barely keeping it together.. Now we are trying to be better about it. My LO has had good head control but I noticed now that her head is bigger, when we put her on stomach (vs over shoulder) she can no longer lift it like she once could. I read that by 3 months she should be able to lift it to 45 degree angle and I don't feel close given she'll be 3 months on December 12th. Should I be concerned?? Also, she is trying soooo hard to roll over from back to front but her arm gets stuck and then she becomes frustrated. I'm worried bc if she ever did get over fully she can't lift her head!

Re: Head Control

• Options
    First, 12 days is still a good bit off. Your LO may have a Wonder Week and Growth Spurt in there. For now, keep up the tummy time and try not to worry. :) Second, most babies learn to roll front to back first. The other way is much harder. I see the fact that she is getting so close already as a good sign. If she still hasn't met her milestones after 3 months, then you may want to consider calling her peditrician.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just keep up with the tummy time and it'll happen! I noticed a HUGE improvement in my boy's head control right when he hit 12 weeks. It was very sudden ... one day he could lift his head up during tummy time for maybe a minute or two max, and the next night he could hold himself up on his arms with his head up for 5+ minutes! I was shocked. That same week he started rolling over more, both tummy to front and front to tummy. You could also try doing tummy time unclothed ... my little guy LOVES wiggling around in just his diaper and feels more free to move :)