September 2015 Moms
Options

Back to work

Tomorrow I go back to work after 12 weeks! i am so nervous for LO I know he will be in good hands since my mom is taking care of him. My husband tells me not to go back but I feel like I need to go and wot again! Wish me luck tomorrow so I am not a puddle of tears!

Re: Back to work

• Options
    I go back tomorrow too after 12 weeks. I feel like we've just gotten into a routine! I'm so nervous! My mil will be watching LO it's supposed to be mom but dad has an important doctor appointment. (hopefully that goes well too. We're all very nervous about that) I could literally cry... I'm going to miss LO so much! I haven't been away from her for more than 5 hours and that was only once. Otherwise I've been with her 24/7 since she was born. And then after tomorrow she will have to go to daycare which I'm even more nervous about. I think it's going to be even harder when it's not a family member watching her. I've been begging my husband to let me be a stay at home mom but unfortunately we just can't afford it.
  • Options
    I just went back to work after 12 weeks last week. I was REALLY nervous about it and didn't know how I was going to handle it, even though my mom was watching him. But I worried for nothing because he did great! And my mom, who hasn't taken care of a baby since my brother 29 years ago, did amazing with him :) That was also the longest I had been away from him, but he adjusted well and I got the biggest smile when I picked him up :) And somehow I managed not to cry at work either ... I'm pumping now at work and in a weird way it makes me feel connected to him even while I'm there since I'm still in mommy mode every time I pump ;) So try not to worry ... they adjust better than we think they will!