Baby Names
Options

We thought we had made a decision. . . .

Back in September we settled on Zachary for our little one.  The next day a coworker named his son Zachary, but we still liked it. . . . fast forward two months and DH and I are both feeling ehhh about it.  We like it, but don't love it.  We have now added Myles and Reid to the short list.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Last name is short, polish, think Banjo but not.

Re: We thought we had made a decision. . . .

• Options
    Zachary is still a very underused great name.  I wouldn't let a co-worker deter my wanting to use it.  That being said Reid is my favorite, another not popular choice.

• Options
    I still think Zachary is a great name! I love it! Like @bbiutmcph said, don't let your co-worker deter you from the name if that's the reason you may not love it as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Zachary is a nice name, but I like Reid and Miles better. Reid is one of my absolute favorites. This is easier said than done, but just give it some time. Something will begin to feel perfect.
  • Options
    I really like Miles (spelled this way) and Reid. I like Zachary but not a fan of nn Zach.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Miles (spelled this way!) but Zachary is a nice name! Reid is blah to me because there are a ton where I live under the age of 3 (Ks) I actually have one on both sides of the family under the age of 1.

• Options
    I love miles spelled with an I. DH just didn't care for it.
  • Options
    I like Miles (spelled with an I) and Reid.  Reid is probably my favorite of the 3.  Zachary is a nice name but I have known several boys named Zachary who I wouldn't want to be reminded of when talking about my child, so it's out for me.  

You could also consider Isaac (still has the "Zach" sound), Alexander, Felix
  • Options
    The only bummer about Reid is that it absolutely doesn't go with my husband's name that we would love to use as a middle name.
  • Options
    Miles is a great name :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Those are great names, although, I'd spell Miles with an I.  If you're still not 100% on any of them, keep looking!  Don't just settle.  Find the name that you love.  Suggestions for you:

Alan
    Colin
    Damien
    Felix
    Frederick
    Grant
    Kenneth
    Lucas
    Mark
    Mitchell
    Patrick
    Peter
    Quentin
    Rudy
    Simon
    Sterling
    Victor

• Options
    Zachary is a great classic name but I like Miles and Reid better. All great choices!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    I like all three! I think Myles and Reed are going to become more popular, so Zachary might be less common in his generation. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. If I had to choose it would be Miles with an "i" because I have a good association with people who have that name. 
  • Options
    Miles and Reid are great names and were both on our boy list. Please don't use the Myles spelling!