July 2015 Moms

Teething help!

My LO is 4 months old today. For the past 2 days she has been extremely fussy, waking up all night, drooling, attempting to chew on things and crying while drinking a bottle while eating less. So I'm assuming she is teething. No fever, rash or diarrhea. My question is what did you all do to relieve the pain and fussiness? I read teething can last from a couple days to months!!! No tooth had broken gum yet. I read topicals are unsafe, hylands teething tablets are unsafe and don't want to give her Tylenol all the time. Cold washcloths last only for a minute, teething toys are not satisfying her and different shape pacifiers only seem to work late at night. What did you all do? I want to relieve her pain and help her through this but everything I read says every medication natural or not is unsafe. I realize not everything online is true of course but I am worried I could give her something to hurt her. Please help

Re: Teething help!

• I use Hyland's teething tablets - yes, there was a recall but that was 5 years ago and they've since reformulated them. For a 10 lb baby to have belladonna toxicity they'd basically have to eat all the tablets in multiple bottles.

I am trying to stay away from Orajel though, because I dont know how common methemoglobinemia is.

Tylenol has its own side effects too.

After now being up almost every hour at night all week long, I had to weigh pros and cons so we use the tablets. 1 at bedtime and if he's still fussy after 20 min we give a 2nd.
  • Sophie the giraffe!! My LO has been going to town on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use with my son Hyland's teething gel and I like it because you measure the amount you want and need and where to put it. Also gave him their tablets but prefer the Hyland gel better. Teething toys also help! Good luck mama ams just know it will be adorable when your little one's first tooth comes out! I can't wait! :blush:
  • Amber necklace durning the day.. I take hers off for bedtime
  • Refrigerated organic apple slices!
  • At 2 months her tooth start growing but stopped after a week. A few days before she turned 3 months it has started growing back again. The day after she turned 3m the dang thing finally popped through. Now she has two teeth and another about to pop in about a week. (hopefully)

She didn't like any of the teething toys; room temp or cold. The washcloth didn't really help and she doesn't get a paci. I would try to rub her gums with a clean finger. Mostly we just had to distract her with anything possible.
  • @AKOL0 . i feel ya. Poor thing.
  • Thanks ladies!!! The Hyland tablets have been a life saver!! She still won't really take teething toys but she's doing much better with the tablets. It's been 5 days...no tooth yet
  • my son LOVES this banana teething toothbrush and he can hold it himself.