2nd Trimester

When will the morning sickness end?

Hi all,
I'm 16 weeks and the morning sickness is still as bad as it was in week 9.  I'm on Diclegis, but I think it is not working any more.  Is it possible that it wears off after using it for a while?  I've been on it for about 2 months.  I had been feeling a bit better than threw up twice in the past two days.  grumble.  I lost albs in the first trimester and need to start gaining weight, but the constant nausea makes it next to impossible.  

When did the morning sickness go away for you?

Did you feel like the morning sickness tablets loose potency?

Re: When will the morning sickness end?

• For some women it doesn't go away at all. 36 weeks, lost 16 lbs and still under my pre pregnancy weight and vomitting everyday, but my baby is taking everything my body has stored and growing just fine, I'm the unlucky one. Talk to your doctor about trying a new Med and work on finding foods that your body can handle. I eat a lot of yogurt and fresh fruits, those seem to sit well with me.
  • My first, it lasted until week 23. My second, it went away around week 17.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this isn't what you want to hear but unfortunatly there is no way to know. I had it really bad from 11-18 weeks and then again this morning at 21 weeks. With DS1 I threw up every night from 36 weeks until I delivered him! I hope you get some relief soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I threw up daily with my first until delivery and this time around send no different. I'm still on diclegis and zofran at 22 weeks. Luckily it's gotten better ( from getting sick 6+ times a day to just once a day) but still there.
  • I have been on Diclegis since about 6 weeks. I will be 18 weeks on Thursday. I also feel like it has not been helping me as much. It makes me so tired so I have only been taking it at night. Hope it gets better for you!
  • I've heard you sometimes can take after your mother with morning sickness, not really sure how true that is, it could be for some people. I'm 33 weeks and still have it. My mom had it until she was around 6 months. It really just depends on the person. My doctor gives me zofran 8mg. It's my best friend right now and has been for a couple weeks. Lol. Nothing else worked for me for too long.
  • I took Phenagrean (sp?) with my first and ate only carbs. It helped a lot. Some women are sick the entire pregnancy, my grandmother was. Hope you feel better soon!

• I'm 25 weeks and still having occasional bouts of dry heaving/vomiting. With my first it tapered off around this point in the pregnancy but I'd still have episodes every couple of weeks. That seems to be the case this time as well. I'm surviving without medicine but it's still not very much fun.
  • I didn't get fully over my morning sickness, until I was 32 weeks along. I'm 36+2 as of today. I know having stomach flu a month ago made it worse, though. :neutral: But I have FINALLY got over mine. When I had to go to the hospital last month for dehydration and throwing up, they had my om Zofran for nausea and throwing up. That stuff worked WONDERS! Talk to your doctor, and see what they can give you. Because each person is different on medications, even. Zofran might not even work for you. And it might. Who knows.
  • Still waking up and taking my Zofran about 1.5 hours before I begin my day, and I'm 25 weeks Sunday. Not sure if it really ever goes away! Lol
  • Around 16 weeks
  • KtjennksKtjennks member
    edited November 2015
    Hate to break it to you but I'm in the last week of the 2nd tri and still get sick when brushing my teeth and eating certain foods. It just depends, every one is different. Some women don't get sick at all. While others are sick the entire time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Around 16 weeks