May 2016 Moms
Options

Movement?!

I'm 13w 5d along with my third child. I felt movement Friday for the first time and nothing since then until today! I've been feeling the strangest flipping/kicking motions but it's bizarre because they are so tiny. Has anyone else felt movement like this and this early?! I know they say you can possibly feel movement earlier if you've already had a child before but this early seems crazy to me. I'm so excited!

Re: Movement?!

• Options
    I felt a few flutters at 15w with my first, but not a real kick until around 19w.

With this one I started feeling flutters around 12w and then a tiny kick at 13w. I still don't feel movement everyday (I'm almost 15w), but usually once or twice a day I'll feel little movement in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt my first flutter at 16w3d. It felt almost like a popcorn kernel popping. I feel it about twice a day now. Can't wait for it to become more consistent.
  • Options
    I'm so jealous! I'm a FTM so I keep looking for the flutter and THINK I've felt it once but who knows. I'm 16 weeks now and mostly feel uterus stretching :(
  • Options
    Yay for movement! I've been feeling little squirms for a couple of weeks. I couldn't feel them consistently until around 16 weeks. This time around has been about the same as with my son in terms of movement,
  • Options
    If I lay real still and control my heart rate I can feel flutters. I think. 15w4d. A solid movement would make me feel good. Can't wait!
  • Options
    FTM here and I'm between 17 and 18 weeks depending if you ask my OB or Ultrasound tech.  I felt something yesterday afternoon that I am convinced was movement. I have always had IBS and gas issues ( TMI?) so I'm pretty familiar with those feelings...This was something more like someone strumming their fingers on my lower abdomen on the inside. It went away and I haven't felt anything since. I can't wait to start feeling regular movements. 
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    I think I had my first flutter today. Or maybe it was just gas. It was something I've never felt before so even if it was gas, I'm going to pretend it was a flutter!
    Ha, this happened to me a couple days ago! Logically I think it was just gas, but I'm telling myself it was flutters. 
  • Options
    I'm 16w2d and pretty sure I've felt flutters a couple times, but as a FTM I'm not totally positive.
  • Options
    Im 14 weeks 4 days. I started feeling twin B at 13 weeks. Didnt feel any movement from twin A till 2 days ago and that has been very infrequent.
  • Options
    Still trying to decipher if it's gas or movement ... Getting real excited to finally feel something , for now I am going with gas because that is a reeeeeeal thing these days lol
  • Options
    I thought I felt "something" about a week ago. (I'm 15 weeks, 1 day, FTM) but nothing since. I'm also telling myself it wasn't just gas cause I'm excited. Haha! I can't wait for him/her to start punching/kicking away in there!
  • Options
    I'm 15w 5d and couldn't tell you when I first felt the flutter. I can tell you now that in the hour of 11pm the disco ball comes down and LO comes out to get down. DH has even felt LO kick which he didn't feel with DD until after 20 weeks. The only thing I get uneasy about with feeling the flutters is having to be aware of them now that I've had them. The doctor wants me to count them and call if they aren't often enough..ugh. Makes me have anxiety.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Kurrant said:
    FTM here and I'm between 17 and 18 weeks depending if you ask my OB or Ultrasound tech.  I felt something yesterday afternoon that I am convinced was movement. I have always had IBS and gas issues ( TMI?) so I'm pretty familiar with those feelings...This was something more like someone strumming their fingers on my lower abdomen on the inside. It went away and I haven't felt anything since. I can't wait to start feeling regular movements. 
    That definitely sounds like baby movement!
  • Options
    Last week I was feeling these little vibration like movements. I don't know how else to describe it. I felt it every day for about 3 days straight and nothing since. I'm 15 weeks and FTM so who knows if it was movement or just another crazy pregnancy related feeling/twinge. But I also can't wait to feel kicks and movements! Very exciting.
  • Options
    Yes I was feeling movement by week 13
  • Options
    My nurse asked me this week (at 16 weeks) if I was feeling good movement. I honestly hadn't been monitoring. But on Friday, while laying down, I put my hand on my belly and felt some "rolling" and a jab. I haven't felt it since, but I was pretty excited.
    JCrew Blog

Big brother was born August 24, 2011.
    Little brother was born October 1, 2012.
    Brother #3 due 5/4/16; born 5/2/16.

• Options
    I 'think' I've been feeling flutters. Kinda feels like what others have described, usually at night when I'm laying down on the couch. DH of course says it's probably just gas probably bc seeing all the changes is still so surreal to him, but I know what that feels like and it's definitely different.
  • Options
    Definitely feeling the flutters. Earlier I was dismissing them as possibly gas, even though I had never felt anything like it before. It was very light and now that it is a bit stronger I can definitely tell its the baby. It's like a light rolling internal massage.
  • Options
    I need to start paying attention. Lol
  • Options
    My nurse asked me this week (at 16 weeks) if I was feeling good movement. I honestly hadn't been monitoring. But on Friday, while laying down, I put my hand on my belly and felt some "rolling" and a jab. I haven't felt it since, but I was pretty excited.
    I work for corporate Jcrew, so had to click on your link. Totally expected a review of the clothes in the store! Nice name play ;)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I'm 13w6days and two nights ago I was lying super still in bed, pressing just slightly on my lower abdomin (where they put the Doppler and ultrasound) and I swear I felt two little kicks. I haven't felt anything since! Not sure if it was gas or baby but I'm excited either way! New to me!
  • Options
    I was lying in bed reading Friday night and I felt something similar to a small bubblegum bubble pop real softly. I called my mom just to ask what she thought and she said it was probably baby. DH was driving up north for hunting at the time so I called him. He was super excited!
  • Options
    Can I just say how jealous I am of you guys feeling movement already?  I have an anterior placenta and have felt NOTHING. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Im a ftm, i've been feeling quickening since 13.5 wks. My doc said that I would probably feel it earlier than many women because I have a tilted uterus. It's sooo amazing and exciting every time I feel it! Now I'm just anxiously awaiting feeling actual kicks!
  • Options
    I'm 13w 4d and I felt my first flutter yesterday. I only feel them when I'm sitting, but it's exciting.
  • Options
    Twins?! That's so exciting!
  • Options
    I'm 13.4 and have felt them for the last week. Once or twice a day only, but consistent. This is #3. I didn't feel my first until around 16-18 weeks and with my second I had an anterior placenta, so felt it later, but she was a nut, (and still is!) and moved constantly...
    This is early for me but I'm excited to not have an anterior placenta again and I know what it feels like ; )
  • Options
    I only feel pangs in my bladder. It's like sharp little twinges that make me feel like I need to pee urgently...lol....but then it stops as quick as it starts. I swear this kid is kicking my bladder.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    15w2d and I think maybe I felt a first little tickle of movement today?

I'm still not sure it was real, maybe it was nothing. I would probably have dismissed it if I hadn't read this thread and become aware that so many of you other ladies were feeling movement already. Maybe I didn't imagine that after all, then. Craaazy.
  • Options
    honeydew405honeydew405 member
    edited November 2015
    I started feeling movement at 13w at it's been amazing to feel the kicks and movement get stronger as each week goes by. I will be 17weeks on Wednesday #baby4
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    While driving today I swear I felt a little kick! I am only 13 weeks and a FTM so I could be wrong but apparently it can happen!

• Options
    I'm so jealous! I am a FTM, but I'm 17 weeks and I am still not feeling anything!

Sometimes this makes me worry…but also just get excited.
  • Options
    I get a hard little bump too! I can't actually feel it moving but when I press lightly on my lower abdomen it always in a different spot! Which makes me so happy! And if I press on it a little a few minutes later it's on the other side of my belly. I love it!
  • Options
    I think I felt some flutters on Sunday night and then Monday, I was just feeling around and I swear I felt like a little foot or something on my left side. It wasn't kicking or anything. I could just be crazy. Which is possible. I'm a FTM so I'm still not sure what I am supposed to be paying attention too and it may not start to be more noticeable for a few more weeks.
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel things too but it's usually only on one side so I'm thinking it's just stretching :neutral:
    Definitely constantly paying attention and trying to catch something!
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Went to the doctor today, he said at 16 weeks I am still 4 weeks away from feeling movement. Sad day :disappointed:
  • Options
    tgortney said:

Went to the doctor today, he said at 16 weeks I am still 4 weeks away from feeling movement. Sad day :disappointed:

That's funny, at 15 weeks my doc said I could expect to feel very small movements in the coming week or so and described it like a popping, tapping or a twitch very low. She said I would know it wasn't gas. She mentioned that FTMs can feel it but not everyone does. I guess different docs have different opinions.