June 2016 Moms
Options

FRIDAY SYMPTOMS

Please put ****QUESTION BELOW**** in front of your comment if you have a question that you want answered! 

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert?

Re: FRIDAY SYMPTOMS

• Options

How far along are you? 9w3d

How are you feeling? Decent, but so drained! The fatigue/sleepy bug hit me like a freight train this week. Plus, I'm waking up for a couple hours in the middle of the night, which doesn't help. Nausea doesn't seem to be present really at all, just some extreme hunger when my tummy is empty in the mornings. I've had a cold all week also, and it's finally starting to clear up, so I'm thankful for that!

Rants/Raves? Rant is about the current traffic in the Bay Area (northern, CA). I feel like in the past couple months it's gotten increasinly worse. There are too many people on the freeways at all times of the day and SO many incompentent drivers, so many accidents during rush hour(s)-- it's just all ridiculous. Now more than ever it's very apparent how much our public transit system sucks, because many more people could and should take it! I'd gladly take a broom to fly on rather than sit in more of this crap!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? I have a few... Pecan pie, pumpkin cheese cake and these over-the-top sweet sugar cookies my sister always makes with york peppermint patties in them. Can't wait!
  • Options
    @aiellomp Hope you get some good sleep soon! I just got over a cold as well. That plus pregnancy exhaustion is horrible. 

How far along are you? 10+6

How are you feeling? Tired, bloated, RLP, fuller boobs and tender nips.

Rants/Raves? It's Friday! That should be enough of a rave, but I will also add that we are telling the rest of H's family at Thanksgiving tomorrow, so that will be exciting! Oh, and my mom and dad will be in town this weekend. They live 4 hours away so we don't get to see them often. I am feeling all warm and fuzzy :)

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Probably pumpkin pie. YUM.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you?
    11+6

How are you feeling?
    Excited today! Still got the MS but it's not as crippling

Rants/Raves?
    I feel so wonderful after that appt yesterday. Midwife says the heart is very strong and it was very easy to find which was good cause every time I heard it I started to shake and it moved the Doppler so it took a minute for her to read the heart rate lol. It finally feels real and I am so excited!!!

Scotch shortbread cookies, I could eat a whole tray easy.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w2d

How are you feeling? Decent. Anti nausea meds working wonders. Very tired though.

Rants. Idiot drivers. We had our first snowstorm of the year yesterday. People always forget how to drive. Its like this 4-6 months out of the year here. Ugh.

Fave holiday cookie? Not a cookie but Nanaimo bars.

• Options
    goldie987goldie987 member
    edited November 2015
    Glad to hear everyone is getting over their colds!

How far along are you?
    9w today

How are you feeling?
    I have figured out I will puke in the morning whether I eat or not. In the interest of nutrition, I have just been waiting to puke before eating breakfast. Once thats over with, I am able to have a fairly normal day. Other than that, RLP is maybe starting when I sneeze or laugh, not 100% sure yet.

Rants/Raves?
    My dinner last night was a bag of salad mix with far too much ranch dressing and 3 mini breakfast sausages. I'm counting it as a successful, nutritious meal with veggies, dairy and protein.

Not a standard one but cheese cake. My mom makes one every year and it's so so yummy.
  • Options
    bedinabelindabedinabelinda member
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 10w 2d 

How are you feeling? Better than yesterday. We had a Thanksgiving meal at work yesterday and I got so dizzy I had to go home early. Napped for two hours, still felt dizzy and sick, so went to bed at 8:30pm. Feeling better now but what the hell? Blood sugar spike? 

Rants/Raves? I went clothes shopping a few days ago. That was a bad idea. I've gained four pounds already and things are not fitting how I expect. It's all in the tummy. I t makes me look way more pregnant than I am! 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Anything chocolate peppermint.
  • Options
    @adiaz132003 So glad to hear you're feeling better, and that everything went well yesterday!

@cmillar36 I feel your pain. I live in MN and the snow has finally hit. I am preparing myself for idiot drivers.

@Sgoldberg247 I hope you can shake the MS soon!

@bedinabelinda I refuse to shop right now lol My bloat doesn't like anything restricting.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w2d

How are you feeling? Good, just tired. I toss and turn for what feels like much of the night, so maybe I'll catch a nap later (yeah, right!).

Rants/Raves? TGIF.

Ginger cookies and bourbon pumpkin pie (though, maybe not this year).
  • Options
    Sorry everyone's got that RLP kicking in. My midwife told me yesterday that the 10-12 week mark is when we really start to feel it!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w6d

How are you feeling? Okay today, so far. I think the B6 and Unisom is really helping with nausea! RLP has really started to hit, I can feel my body stretching to accommodate this LO.

Rants/Raves? I got a pregnancy pillow yesterday because I'm a stomach sleeper and this keeps me on my side... Aaahhhmazing. Everyone needs one!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Pumpkin pie!!!! And now I want some! :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8+6

How are you feeling?
    So far, so good. I feel like the headaches have finally eased up *knock on wood* & aside from being tired I'm doing okay. Here's hoping this continues!

Rants/Raves?
    The bloat is out of control. I've got a huge gut going on & it's so disgusting & uncomfortable, especially since I didn't have this before. I feel so fat & awful.

My mom makes haystacks that are pretty amazing...I look forward to them each year. I've also been loving gingerbread cookies this year...they've been my guilty pleasure snack throughout the day!
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrsschmity I live to the north of you. We are in Southern Manitoba.
  • Options
    I cannot imagine snow right now.  It was 70 degrees yesterday, which is annoying since the weather won't make up it's mind, but snow... ugh.  Not until Christmas and then it better melt by February.

How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you feeling? Like this flu will NEVER go away.  But B6 has seriously kicked the nausea.  Now I'm just crazy hungry with super sore boobs!

Rants/Raves? The doctor can't see me today (I'm a "new" patient since I never get sick or go to a physician) so I'm pretty much going to cross my fingers that I get better this weekend?  Until then, it's Tylenol and attempted naps.  I felt slightly better this morning, so hopefully that's a good sign?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Just simple sugar cookies.  I'm not a huge dessert person anyway and I think there are too many at the holidays that just go overboard.  Simple is where it's at.  Also, I hate pumpkin pie, so there's that...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w4d

How are you feeling? A little nauseous this morning, bloated, indigestion, sleepy, but overall not bad.

Rants/Raves? No rants today! Raves: It's Friday! Also, we got GREAT news from the lab yesterday regarding DH's most recent SA results. Long story, short - DH had 2 large vericoceles that may have been causing his low numbers (3 mil count, 15% motility, 0% morph) so he had surgery back in August to tie them up. At the same time, he was taking a supplement called Fertilaid since the beginning of August. I got KU beginning of Oct. and I wanted him to do an SA before 3 months post-surgery. He did the SA last Tues (11/10) and the results are in!

Count: 3 mil > 36 mil!!
    Motility: 15% > 63%!!!
    Morphology: 0% > 1% (oh well)

This hopefully means that when we want to have more children, we will have the same chances as a healthy couple and may now be considered "healthy". We had already met with an RE and were slated to start the process for IVF/ICSI in January. We feel so lucky that the surgery was a success and we were able to conceive naturally. Not only that, but the first RE we met with told DH NOT to do the surgery! He said it wouldn't help enough!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Baklava bars! I make them a few times each holiday season. They are super easy and always a huge hit. https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/baklava-bars/9e95d2b4-ac75-4d1b-aca0-48473bc7c6de

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @crdo Hope you get some sleep soon!

@adiaz132003 I feel like the RLP has definitely kicked in the most over this last week. Last night especially.

@laurenm2123 Pumpkin pie = Lyfe.

@DeePaddy24 Ditto on the bloat. I am not used to this and I'm sitting here thinking to myself "what is happening to meeee"

@cmillar36 You're way the heck up there then! I used to live up on the border of MN/CA across from Fort Frances. That's the farthest I've been lol

@Kballew10 I dislike driving in the snow, but I will say that I'm happy we have some for the holidays! And I can't believe you don't like pumpkin pie. You are un-American. Jk :)

@BakerBird525 Great news on hubby's SA! And those bars look delish.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 9w 4d, too! :) How are you feeling? Wierdly excited that after two days of no MS, it came back in full force today. I was starting to worry for absolutely no reason. Crazy brain... Rants/Raves? I am dying waiting for my next appointment at Kaiser (technically our "first prenatal") which is on 11/30, but have no idea if we'll get another u/s since I already had a dating u/s end of October. If I don't get to see the babe again until 20ish weeks I might go crazy. I'm annoying myself and probably DH by how much I'm worrying about all this crap! I am also SO ready for three days off next week for the thanksgiving holiday. My plan is to start telling ppl (my boss) after this next appointment. GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Pecan pie, which I'll be making next week!!! Mmmm
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 11w3d

How are you feeling? Overall better, just hoping some of my energy returns soon!

Rants/Raves? Already over waking up because I have to pee and then not being able to fall back asleep!!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert? Oh just one? I'll have to go the simple route and say a baked just right, super soft sugar cookie with frosting!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 
     8+4 

How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good this week. Only nauseated in the morning from hunger. My boobs are really sore still and I'm pretty sure I'm going to wake up any day now with some huge mamma jammas. Also starting to get some joint pain from all the loosening up (I already have hypermobility syndrome so pregnancy doesn't help) but going to start physical therapy to keep all my joints stable throughout the next 7 months. 

Rants/Raves? 
    First appt and US yesterday! We got to see LO and the fluttering little heartbeat. <3 And s/he is right on track growth wise from my LMP so EDD remains the same (June 27). I thought it would make the pregnancy seem more real, but it's still incredibly surreal. I keep thinking we're going to be parents? Weird.... Also got the NIPT and next US scheduled so I feel better having that in place. 

Cookies - really almost any kind as long as they don't have raisins in them. There are too many perfectly delicious oatmeal cookies every year lost to raisins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks today

How are you feeling? My MS has become bedtime sickness.  I have thrown up right before bed the last 4 nights.  WTH?? RLP, crazy sensitive nips. 

Rants/Raves?  Rant my ex-husband just decided that he needed to do something this weekend that couldn't include our son, so he just informed me that DS will stay with us this weekend.  I love having my son on the weekends but I hate that my ex thinks he can just drop it on us and it will be fine.  He has been like this a lot since he started seeing this new person. I think she doesn't want my son around.  That just pisses me off!

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday cookie or dessert?  Pumpkin pecan cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016