September 2015 Moms
Options

You know you're a new mom when..

I was thinking about the "You know you're in the third trimester when.." thread, and thought we use an updated version!

Share your mom-isms and stories ladies!

I saw this today and it gave me a good laugh. I can't remember my last hot meal or cup of coffee! Currently drinking one now from 8am.

Re: You know you're a new mom when..

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When your bladder isn't what it used to be and if you don't use the bathroom right away you pee your pants a bit!
  • Options
    Have you all seen the commercial where a first time mom is interviewing for a babysitter, looks at a resume and says "I see you don't have a PHD?" Lol, that's me and you know your'e a new mom when you think that's a reasonable commercial! My baby is 8 weeks old and I only feel comfortable leaving him with his dad.

Also I have naturally curly hair and I straighten it so I don't have to wash it, just use dry shampoo....so you know you're a new mom when you don't wash you hair for a week and a half
  • Options
    I know I'm a mom because I forego the second cup of coffee or glass of wine because I know I will be nursing soon...

I know I'm a mom because my target trips now consist of purchasing nursing pads and on sale baby clothes instead of home decor and accessories. 

I know I'm a mom because I spent way too much effort trying to customize lyrics for "Dancing Queen" and "rockin' robin" to fit into my son's bouncy-bouncy sessions as theme music.
  • Options
    You know you're a mom when you forget what you look like in the mirror, and you haven't styled/blow dried your hair since before giving birth.
    This! After DD1 I stopped double checking and touching up in the mirror before leaving the house. Today I didn't realize I had forgotten to put on make up until I had already dropped DD1 at daycare!

• Options
    You know you're a mom when your kitties eat your lunch more often then you do because that instant you have a chance to eat, the baby is hungry. And then you eat what they haven't because who knows when you will get another chance to make a new one.
  • Options

When your bladder isn't what it used to be and if you don't use the bathroom right away you pee your pants a bit!

This! When I have to pee now, I have to pee NOW lol. It's even worse than it was third tri! And the other day I sneezed and had to change my underwear ... oy! Does anyone else feel like their pee comes out faster and in a heavier stream now too? Lol.
  • Options
    jen83mn said:

You know you're a new mom when you have to purchase a new fancy camera because your point-and-shoot just doesn't cut it anymore ... and then have to purchase a larger memory card because you're trigger-happy.

Currently browsing Black Friday deals for DSLRs. Any recommendations?
  • Options

...when LO slept the whole night thru in his bassinet for the first time after only sleeping on you for 5 weeks, yet you don't sleep a wink because you are suffering from separation anxiety while he sleeps...like a baby. :)

My son used to only sleep on me, and the one night I just put him in his crib and he wound up sleeping 6 hours! He's been there every night since and I'm a little upset about it to be honest haha. He's too grown and doesn't need his momma!
  • Options

jen83mn said:

You know you're a new mom when you have to purchase a new fancy camera because your point-and-shoot just doesn't cut it anymore ... and then have to purchase a larger memory card because you're trigger-happy.

I'm looking into the canon rebel!
  • Options
    jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited November 2015

jen83mn said:

I got the Nikon D3200 and love it! I got it on sale at Target: https://m.target.com/p/nikon-d3200-24-2mp-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-and-55-200mm-lenses-black/-/A-14962596.

I actually added it to my baby registry and bought it online using one of my registry completion coupons, so I got 15% off plus another 5% off using my Target card. Great deal!

Nikon or Canons are really nice ... I just prefer Nikons. :)
  • Options
    We bought the same camera- Nikon D3200- and love it! We bought ours at Best Buy a month ago baby arrived to earn points. It's worth shopping around though. For example, the Nikon website had a better price than several electronic places, but we passed on the deal because there was no guarantee it would arrive on time.

It also has a really cool Snapfish-like feature that allows you to create an account and share a gallery of your pictures once you transfer them to your computer. Good luck!
  • Options
    When you literally almost break down and cry at work over spilling 9oz of milk. That was me today. I couldn't believe it happened. I'm still obsessing over how many ounces I *would have* had or how I *could have* added to my freezer stash... 

• Options
    When cleaning that usually only takes a few hours suddenly takes 3 days...
  • Options
    kkerner87 said:

When you literally almost break down and cry at work over spilling 9oz of milk. That was me today. I couldn't believe it happened. I'm still obsessing over how many ounces I *would have* had or how I *could have* added to my freezer stash... 

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    @annibanani0929 @jen83mn @Sully3302 Thanks ladies! I have to start shopping!
  • Options

jen83mn said:

I'm asking for Best Buy gift cards for Christmas, to take the edge off the insanity expensive camera I would like! LOL
  • Options
    You know your a new mom/second time mom when you gave up on shaving. Forever. Because you don't even have enough time to finish washing your hair when the baby wakes up after only 30 minutes of sleeping. :/