July 2016 Moms
Options

11/16 PGAL Check in

Re: 11/16 PGAL Check in

• Options
    Thanks for the update! I am trying to think about other things to keep my mind of the stress of the wait! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The nausea finally kicked in. I feel horrible, but I keep telling myself I'm sick because my hormone levels are high, so it's a good thing. Positive thoughts... Positive thoughts... I am trying to thing of myself as a mom-to-be, not a mom-to-be-after-loss. Defining myself by tragedy feels wrong. But I'm getting so nervous. I lost my first pregnancy at 6 weeks, 6 days. Today I'm 6 weeks, 4 days along. Once I'm past 6 weeks 6 days, and more pregnant than I was last time, I'll feel a lot better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    megstervtmegstervt member
    edited November 2015

@ChrissyMarie128 I was just reading a thread (not sure if here or on the 1st tri board) about how ultrasound measurements have a degree of error.  I can completely understand your worry, but maybe it's just a bad measurement.  And like BostonBaby said, you have a heartbeat and development.  Try to stay positive!

I just had my appointment with my regular doctor. As soon as I told her about the anxiety I was feeling she immediately said "lets do blood work".  It felt really good to have her understand my fear (she is pregnant too) and be proactive about offering something that could make me feel better.  I had my first draw and will go back Thursday afternoon.  She said she would call with the results, but I'm not sure if that will be Thursday or Friday.  She was also really clear that she has no reason to suspect any issues and that the blood work is for peace of mind.  Fingers crossed for good news later this week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 @megstervt thanks for the encouragement. She also mentioned that it was a slow heartbeat which was "normal" for right at 6 weeks. Basically, minimal as the concern may be, it was just enough to remind me of measuring a week behind the day before my mc. Seriously, the pregnancy struggle is real..... So much love to you all. I need each and everyone of you!!!
  • Options
    megstervtmegstervt member
    edited November 2015

It is real.  We get it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    @PleaseSendPicklesNow I'm officially past where I was with my miscarriage & I only feel slightly less anxious.  I think I will feel a bit more confident every week.  It's not a major weight lifted.  At least not yet.    

I officially think I am starting to feel shitty.  I feel like I jinxed myself!!   I feel hungover right now.  Headache & so tired blah I just want to lie down!!!  Thankfully not nauseous yet, but I feel extra bad if I don't eat every 4 hours or so.   
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @ChrissyMarie128 yes, she's exactly right that if you got a heartbeat around six weeks, it would be pretty darn slow. Because it's just started beating. When do you go back? Of course, us telling you these things is not gonna make you feel better. Having another ultrasound with a better heart rate is gonna make you feel better.
  • Options
    So I am 6+5 today and I started to have some pink streaky spotting at work today. I phoned my midwife and she set me up with an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check how things are. Since I left the midwife it has gotten to be more bright red and streaky. I have had an awful head cold the past 5 days with lots of coughing and sneezing and have been blowing my nose a lot to get rid of congestion so my midwife said it could just be a broken blood vessel from straining with those things but I am so freaking terrified now I'm just shaking. And to top it off I have to leave to go to a meeting right now that I can't miss because I have all the materials and the people came from out of town. And I was just starting to let myself relax a little because I just made it past when I miscarried in the last pregnancy. I just have to get through this meeting and then I can have the inevitable meltdown that is on the way.
  • Options
    Praying for you @silvers626. I hope everything goes ok! Sorry you have to deal with all of that!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @silvers626 i'm sorry you're going through that. Maybe you could have her draw for your progesterone level too?
  • Options
    @silvers626 thinking of you & sending good vibes!

@BostonBaby1 when is your appointment tomorrow?! I'm sending good vibes for you too!!
    ****TW****

• Options
    MrsBinPA said:

@silvers626 thinking of you & sending good vibes!

@BostonBaby1 when is your appointment tomorrow?! I'm sending good vibes for you too!!

Thank you! It's a 10 AM and I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep at all tonight.
  • Options
    I slept until 3:30 before mine & was not able to fall back to sleep. Hopefully you can get a few good hours of zs
    ****TW****

• Options
    @BostonBaby1 - Thanks so much. I'll get bloodwork results tomorrow too. As long as those have gone up, that will take a load off. It just sucks that when you really start feel yourself relax that something pops up to freak you out. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!
  • Options

@BostonBaby1 - Thanks so much. I'll get bloodwork results tomorrow too. As long as those have gone up, that will take a load off. It just sucks that when you really start feel yourself relax that something pops up to freak you out. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!!

I completely understand. Keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow too! Keep us updated please?
  • Options
    Starting to freak myself out over my 7 am ultrasound tomorrow. My labs have been good and there's no reason to panic, but I'm afraid there will be nothing there. I had a blighted ovum before and it was just an empty sac and I'm just afraid it'll be that way again. Trying to remain calm and going to try to sleep.
  • Options
    Thinking of all of you tomorrow with appointments!
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Please update us. Sending all my positive thoughts over to you for a wonderful scan.
  • Options
    @silvers626 so sorry you are going through this! Try to get some rest tonight!

@bostonbaby1 I hope your appointment goes well! I've been praying for you!

I know I haven't posted often on here in a while, it's a pain in the rear to do so on my phone and my computer isn't cooperating with me either. Ughh technology! But just know that I do care about you ladies and that I do hit like on things to show my support. I have written out paragraphs of responses and then they won't post. Ugh!

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I'll update ASAP.

@jlgriff11 Wishing you the best of luck!
  • Options
    Can't remember if I introduced myself in the other PGAL thread or not. I'm Marie, I have a son who will be 2 right after Christmas and I had an early miscarriage at 6 weeks 6 days the first week of September. I'm super excited to be pregnant again so quickly but it is SO nervewracking waiting to know if it will last. I'm seeing a group of midwives at a birthing center and they don't do early ultrasounds and my first appointment isn't until December 21st! I'm going only a little bit crazy over here :)
  • Options
    @mswings1 welcome and congratulations. I'm sorry that you find yourself here, but glad that you've got your BFP so quickly and FX everything will go well! Glad to have you join us.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I've been trying to keep busy working to keep my mind off things. Hope everyone else's appointments go well tomorrow too! One day at a time....
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 good luck this morning!!! Will be stalking for your update too!!
    ****TW****

• Options
    @mswings1 my first ultrasound is 12/21 too.  I'll be 9+1.  It's an eternity away!

Thinking of all of you with appointments and results calls today!  Hope you got some sleep last night and FX for all great updates.
  • Options
    Yay!!!!! I just got so excited for you! That is awesome news!! I was worried when I didn't see an update yesterday.

AFM, I'm currently freaking out over lack of symptoms despite seeing a HB last week. Next US is on 11/30...so I just continue to pray.
  • Options
    @jlgriff11  I am still like OMG for you!!  Craziness!!

Now we just need good news from @BostonBaby1 for today to be complete!!
    ****TW****

• Options
    Hi ladies,

I posted once or twice but haven't introduced myself. I'm Maureen, almost 36 yrs old and working on our first. Lost one in May and again in July. I'm almost 7 weeks now and have my first appointment and ultrasound on Monday the 23rd. I'm terrified that history will repeat itself but trying to keep those vibes out! Feeling ok so far and was more tired, nauseous and sore last week than I had been with previous pregnancies so taking that as a good sign!
    Hope everyone has a great week and feels good!
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 OMG that's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 Wow! Glad you had a great appointment and got such a surprise!

I had my ultrasound today and (whew!) everything looked good. Baby is measuring at 6 and 3 and had a heart rate of 124! My cervix is still closed so they think the bleeding is external but did not do an exam. The midwife just suggested pelvic rest and to get plenty of fluids. So that was a relief but I'm still trying to calm myself down!

Hope everyone else's appointments go well today!
  • Options
    @silvers626 that's great news!  I'm on pelvic rest too. Fun times.
    ****TW****

• Options

@silvers626 that is great news!

@jlgriff11 WOW! first twins in the group! glad they both look great and healthy! Two separate heartbeat spectrums, boy and girl? Awesome!

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    @jlgriff11 that is fantastic news!! Congrats!!

My update with my bloodwork today is that my beta is up to just over 19,000 at 6 weeks 3 days and that's apparently on target. However my progesterone dropped from 10.2 down to 9. 9 is still good but suggested I definitely take the progesterone supplements due to the mc. So I feel good but feel nervous as to why the progesterone dropped. She just said it happens but it's at a good level still. Has that happened to anyone else??
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 Great news! Glad it went well!
  • Options

@jlgriff11 that is fantastic news!! Congrats!!

My update with my bloodwork today is that my beta is up to just over 19,000 at 6 weeks 3 days and that's apparently on target. However my progesterone dropped from 10.2 down to 9. 9 is still good but suggested I definitely take the progesterone supplements due to the mc. So I feel good but feel nervous as to why the progesterone dropped. She just said it happens but it's at a good level still. Has that happened to anyone else??

Yep. My progesterone went from over 8 to about 5.5. Started progesterone and last week it was up at 19. Glad your betas look good! Which progesterone brand are you doing?
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 I'm taking the prometrium 200mg oral supplements. Hoping it does the trick!! Starting back on them tonight. I've been trying not to overthink my lack of fatigue today too. Seriously, it's the smallest things that set off the alarm bells in your head!!
  • Options

@BostonBaby1 I'm taking the prometrium 200mg oral supplements. Hoping it does the trick!! Starting back on them tonight. I've been trying not to overthink my lack of fatigue today too. Seriously, it's the smallest things that set off the alarm bells in your head!!

Give it a couple of days on them and your exhaustion will be back full force! Progesterone makes you very tired so I'm sure that you'll be feeling that soon.
  • Options
    Wow so much good news!! Awesome :) And thinking of all who are having a stressful time right now. Hugs