March 2016 Moms
Options

On the hunt for maternity jeans

I'm wondering if anyone can help me find maternity jeans that have a nude colored belly panel. So far I've looked online at Gap, A Pea in the Pod, and Motherhood, but the only pants that have nude belly panels are light colored/white jeans. I prefer dark colored jeans and all the ones I've looked at have navy belly panels. I bought a pair with the navy panel and I can only wear them with dark colored tops because you can see the navy color through the lighter colored tops and it looks weird. Has anyone come across dark jeans with a nude belly panel?? Thanks in advance!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: On the hunt for maternity jeans

• Options
    I wear a long tank with most bottoms...

Also my fav are from New Look... not sure if it's in the US yet
  • Options
    I also wear a tank top/undershirt with my jeans most of the time. But I do have a pair from H&M that is what you're looking for.  I got it with my last pregnancy about 2 years ago so not sure if they are still available.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @ACleanLife24 and @irenewslee ! I'll check both of those out!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Old navy had nude two years ago and I was bummed this time they just gave navy. You may also want to search shopstyle.com
  • Options
    Cream colored old navy tank top fixes that :)
  • Options
    Old navy has them
  • Options
    Try the demi panel or inset panels.  I find them the most comfortable anyway, although I know that is totally subjective, but the panels don't come up far enough for it to matter.
  • Options
    I like the navy in case my shirt rides up or gets short at the end, but I hate that you can see through light shirts. Tank tops work though.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be investing in some tanks! Cheaper than pants and will do the trick! Thanks all!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Costco currently has them ( in some areas) and target
  • Options
    @ejverre I was looking for skinny jeans with the nude panel and found some online at Ann Taylor Loft (both Demi and full panel). I haven't worn them yet or looked at other styles, but you may want to check them out.
  • Options
    I just embrace being able to see the panel through white shirts. It is what it is and you have to wear maternity clothes for such a short time anyway. People are too focused on the cute bumps anyway. ;)
  • Options
    I actually snagged a few pair of the low waist ones from Old Navy. I'm not a huge fan on the full panel until I am much bigger because I feel like it rides down throughout the day.
  • Options
    I always wear and tank under my shirts and it covers the panel cover
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zuliy oh and try Ross also i bought a few larger spaghetti strap tanks from foever21 to layer
  • Options
    Skip the ones from Target.  The sizes are all over the place, some much much larger than others the same size.  The belly band fits great but there is room for a small child in the crotch area.  Overall, fit is dumpy.  
  • Options
    Not sure where you are but jeanswest au does maternity jeans and the dark blue ones have a nude full belly panel. I am preferring the ones that just have a bit of elastic in the waistband(where the pocket would be) and sit below the bump. Sorry girls if thats what you have already described i dont know the official name. I find they are great becuase they fit and look like normal jeans, plus we are having a really hot spring here so belly panel plus 2nd layer over top is overheating me!
  • Options

Not sure where you are but jeanswest au does maternity jeans and the dark blue ones have a nude full belly panel. I am preferring the ones that just have a bit of elastic in the waistband(where the pocket would be) and sit below the bump. Sorry girls if thats what you have already described i dont know the official name. I find they are great becuase they fit and look like normal jeans, plus we are having a really hot spring here so belly panel plus 2nd layer over top is overheating me!

I have a pair of these, side panel jeans, from Old Navy. I like them so far at 21 weeks but not sure how well they will work in the third trimester...
  • Options
    veganmummyveganmummy member
    edited November 2015
    Im personally cheap as hell so I buy almost everything at Ross. There are 3 in my town so I've been able to buy most of my clothes from there. I bought 3 pairs of super cuter dark jeans yesterday for under 10 bucks each.
  • Options
    nicole103109nicole103109 member
    edited November 2015
    Question! Sorry to kind of steal the thread but it's about jeans! I have long legs and I'm having trouble finding jeans that are long enough for me. I also don't want to spend 30 dollars per pair of pants when I am due in march and he COULD come earlier...seems like a waste for us financially. Any ideas on where to get some long lower rise jeans?! I can't wear my super comfy yoga pants to work! Lol!

EDIT: just wanted to add I've looked in thrift stores, Ross, TJ Maxx, Target and our NEX.
  • Options
    My sister let me borrow some from H&M! Try there! They're super comfy but that's probably because they're pretty worn in from my sister being pregnant 3 years in a row lol
  • Options
    Yes! I bought all my jeans at Ross but they have black maternity bands! They didn't have much of a selection but I got 3 tops and 2 jeans for less than $30! My husband was very happy! Lol
  • Options
    labackerlabacker member
    edited November 2015
    @nicole103109 I'm also tall (5'11") and am struggling so bad to find jeans that aren't over $60 and actually are long enough! My best suggestion to you is old navy. Wait until they have a sale and order online (longs only available online). I ordered two sizes of each since I wasn't sure on size but you can return to the store.

ETA: 40% off ends today at old navy - order now! :)

• Options
    I got a flyer in the mail that Gap is having 50% November 20-22 with code BRFRIDAY so you may want to wait and order some this weekend.  They come in long and their Demi panel is awesome for low-rise but still staying up.  I know you didn't want to pay more than $30, but that's going to be really tough to do if you need Longs and haven't had any luck finding them at a thrift store.  You may end up just having to get one pair and wearing them a lot!  Also, FYI you will be wearing them for a while after you have the baby, unless you are a magical unicorn who can fit back into her pre-pregnancy jeans immediately.  The demi panel ones work pretty well after birth, IMO.
  • Options
    I'm 5 10 and dress pants are nearly impossible. I've found jeans- skinny longs only- at motherhood maternity are long enough. Even their longs aren't long enough outside the skinny jeans. For dress pants, I've got 3 pair of kings from motherhood, but they are borderline too short, and they are longs. I'm sure when I grow a little wider they are only going to come up more. I'll probably break down and get 2 jeans and 2 work pants above my price preference, I don't feel like I have a choice. Outside of motherhood, I don't known where to even look. Old navy has never been long enough for me. As far as discount stores, my experience is they don't carry longs. Before pregnancy, I just sucked it up and bought all my jeans at the buckle, too bad they don't have maternity!
  • Options
    Another question- anyone know of sweat or yoga pants that come in longs. Not just those that appear long, but actually are a large long, or large tall, for example? I'm pretty set on not wearing anything but sweats following the birth! I don't even really care if they are maternity or not, just long enough.
  • Options
    I got a flyer in the mail that Gap is having 50% November 20-22 with code BRFRIDAY so you may want to wait and order some this weekend.  They come in long and their Demi panel is awesome for low-rise but still staying up.  I know you didn't want to pay more than $30, but that's going to be really tough to do if you need Longs and haven't had any luck finding them at a thrift store.  You may end up just having to get one pair and wearing them a lot!  Also, FYI you will be wearing them for a while after you have the baby, unless you are a magical unicorn who can fit back into her pre-pregnancy jeans immediately.  The demi panel ones work pretty well after birth, IMO.
    I totally agree with paying a bit more for one really great pair that you're happy with instead of getting 2 or 3 so-so pairs. I'm so happy I sprung for the "good" jeans I've worn them literally every day I'm not at work and fully intend to be in them for at least a month or two after giving birth based on last time! 
  • Options
    I won't lie, I am tempted to go to Nordstrom and splurge on just one pair of good maternity jeans. Designer jeans always seem to be long enough and fit great. This is my first baby and I plan on having one or two more, so when you divide the cost that way it's not so bad! Plus, I'm happy to share them with my other tall friends.

• Options
    @labacker I like your reasoning and if you can swing it, get a pair of Pagie maternity jeans.  Depending on your size Amazon sometimes has them for a little less, but I got a pair of them in Short and still had 2-3" hemmed off, and I'm 5'5 so it's not like I'm 'short.'  The regulars and longs must be really, really long.  
    I also love AG jeans, and splurged on a pair of maternity ones this pregnancy, totally wish I would have made the investment a few babies ago ;)
  • Options
    HOLLA to all my tall soul sistas! Yes, Motherhood's pants (both jeans and dress pants) need their "long" status revoked! Those things CAN'T be longer than 33" inseam. I am cheap and have basically been living in dresses/skirts with tights or leggings to work and just some of DH's old sweats around the house. I do NEED a pair of jeans though. Oh the joys of long legs.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options

Another question- anyone know of sweat or yoga pants that come in longs. Not just those that appear long, but actually are a large long, or large tall, for example? I'm pretty set on not wearing anything but sweats following the birth! I don't even really care if they are maternity or not, just long enough.

I just found a pair at target that come in long. They are actually more like "running" pants but they are sooooo comfortable. I think I spent $20.
  • Options
    bdanks said:
    I just found a pair at target that come in long. They are actually more like "running" pants but they are sooooo comfortable. I think I spent $20.
    Did you find them in the store or online? I'm legit going straight to Target after work to buy these if they are available in store! All my leggings are more like and awkward capri length and not because they are capri.... just too short for my damn long legs! I don't mind looking like that at home, but sometimes a preggo wants to go grocery shopping in leggings and a long comfy shirt!!

• Options
    labacker said:

bdanks said:

Did you find them in the store or online? I'm legit going straight to Target after work to buy these if they are available in store! All my leggings are more like and awkward capri length and not because they are capri.... just too short for my damn long legs! I don't mind looking like that at home, but sometimes a preggo wants to go grocery shopping in leggings and a long comfy shirt!!

I found them in store! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! They are just their c9 brand runners. Soo comfy!!
  • Options
    @labacker I went to old navy today and scored 2 pairs wooo! I prefer them a little longer but they'll do until March. Thank God for boot season hahah they're long enough I just like them longer lol
  • Options
    @labaker if you're going to splurge the AG stretch skinny jeans are AMAZING - long, fit just like regular jeans and hello, they stretch a bit. I might never go back to regular non maternity skinny jeans lol
  • Options
    I just tried on and then bought the side panel skinny jeans from old navy. I really like them! I thought from looking online that they wouldn't be comfortable, but they fit well. I did buy a size up from my usual to make sure I have enough room. I also tried on the full panel and low panel, but liked the side panel the best. I have a pair of full panel and low panel jeans from my first pregnancies, but they aren't fitting well for some reason.

• Options
    I tried both Ann Taylor Loft skinny jeans and the ones they call denim leggings. They were both $79 but they run 40-50% off sales all the time so I got them at a good price. I thought the skinny jeans weren't skinny enough and were too much like mom jeans so I returned them. Weird thing to say about maternity pants, I know, but they seemed like what MY mom would want, not gals our age. Grandma jeans, I guess! The denim leggings are great. They are normal skinny jeans - I am not sure why they named them leggings but they are the same material and thickness as the skinny jeans and any other jeans you've ever tried on. The jeans are very soft and the panel is nude and very comfortable. I had tried some James jeans from gilt and thought the panel was much less comfortable. I returned those ones. One drawback with Ann Taylor Loft generally, the pants are kind of short. I'm 5'8" and I wish the jeans were longer but it isn't a problem (especially during boot season as a few others have pointed out!).
  • Options
    So let's start by saying I feel your pain on the maternity clothes search.  I've given up for the time being and am basically wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans and really long sweaters (ones I can wear after baby is born, so double bonus).  How am I 7 months pregnant and wearing pre-pregnancy jeans?  I bought a belly band.  If you haven't seen it, you basically leave your jeans unbuttoned (and zipped as far up as they'll go), then the belly band holds everything closed.  I bought mine at Target.  A quick search found one in nude:  https://www.ingridandisabel.com/shop/bellaband/1011-bellaband  A belly band will turn ALL of your pants into maternity pants!  I've only bought one pair of maternity jeans and one pair of maternity dress pants for work.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes. I agree that tall maternity jeans are so hard to find. Actually, I'm a very difficult person to buy jeans for anyway because I require at least a 34" inseam and they must be flare leg. So every year, I go to the buckle (the only place I can find both flare and long in my size) and try on the one or two pairs in the whole store that meet my needs and put them on layaway. Then I put the receipt in the Christmas suggestion box my family does every year. (Each person has one and when you want to buy something for that person, you go to the box and pull out the suggestion. They are cute and ensure that there are no duplicates since you actually remove the suggestion from the box when you choose to buy that person that item)
    My family love that I do it this way because they know they are getting me something I've already tried on!!

Anyway, I tried "tall" maternity pants at Motherhood and they just don't cut it. Too big and too short. So I give up! When I can no longer wear my buckle jeans, I'll sacrifice a pair and sew in my own panel.
    Pregnancy Ticker