International Bumpies
Options

Infant's CRBA and Passport

kimey1kimey1 member
edited October 2015 in International Bumpies
Hi everyone,
I have a question for 2nd or plus time moms.

I was wondering how long it to you to get the Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) and Passport for your infant from the date you visited the US embassy/consulate?
Also which country were you at, at the time?

Re: Infant's CRBA and Passport

• Options
    Hi there! We are in Switzerland and it took less than a month though we alerted them to our travel dates and had an expedited proceeds. LO was born oct 22, went to consulate mid-nov (had to wait for the Swiss birth certificate!) and had docs with a couple weeks to spare before traveling dec 21
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, I also made sure to have all the additional documents and paperwork filled out and ready to go before baby was born @kimey1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much @TXswissmiss !
    The state dept. website doesn't say how long it takes so hearing from other moms has been so helpful. I heard from someone else that it took 10 days.
    I'm aready thinking of going for the expedited process and am checking the process time for all the other docs (local birth certificate etc.)
    Thanks again for the valuable info!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    We did ours in Germany - there was one day/month that was for babies at the consulate. It all arrived within two weeks, I think.