February 2016 Moms
Options

Flame Free Friday Confessions

2»

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions

• Options
    I have my shower this weekend too and I keep creeping on my registry, but my friends and family don't really use registries to show so I'm not seeing anything lol. My friend who is hosting started texting and having her husband vox with mine to plan out their gift. He's giving nothing away...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have two confessions, so here goes.

1. I forgot to do a Friday ticker change today! Sorry ladies!

2. I've eaten at least 3 pieces of left over Halloween candy a day since Halloween. I feel SO guilty, but I just can't stop! I haven't taken my glucose test yet, but that's still not stopping me! I have a problem! I'll probably go on Monday to have it done as I can go to the lab where it has to be done whenever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel you @MaybeMab. I can't imagine being pregnant/having a family at the super busy pharmacy chain I worked at for the last 10 years. I recently switched to a different environment and it's made a world of difference, even after a pretty decent pay cut! Maybe you can check out some other options after baby is here!

I've started looking now, but no one has called me back. I've been applying for almost a year now and different places. I'm trying to figure a way I can quit. 2 weeks ago we were threatened at work and nothing was done about it and I got fed up and told my boss I want 3 10 hour days and that's it. One day I'll be the stay at home mom.
  • Options

I have two confessions, so here goes.

1. I forgot to do a Friday ticker change today! Sorry ladies!

2. I've eaten at least 3 pieces of left over Halloween candy a day since Halloween. I feel SO guilty, but I just can't stop! I haven't taken my glucose test yet, but that's still not stopping me! I have a problem! I'll probably go on Monday to have it done as I can go to the lab where it has to be done whenever.

This can also be my confession. Except make it like 10 instead of 3! I have a horrible sweet tooth. If I end up with GD at least I'd be forced to get serious about cutting out the sugar. Silver linings right? I failed the one hour but passed the three hour last time . I didn't mind the one hour test but I thought I was dying during the three hour. I really don't want to have to do that again...
  • Options
    My confession is that I am 30 years old and still sleep with a stuffed animal. A baby harp seal purchased at Sea World to be exact.
    I would've guessed a baby sea turtle ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SbaertsonSbaertson member
    edited November 2015
    @egraves4 My mom could never do any of it so I taught myself as a kid and then practiced on her poor head!
  • Options

My confession is that I am 30 years old and still sleep with a stuffed animal. A baby harp seal purchased at Sea World to be exact.

I'm 25 and still do too! It was something I got when I was younger and just can't sleep without it after all these years.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm at the OB, just took the orange sugary drink for my GD test. I thought it was delicious. Tasted like an unfrozen otter pop.

I had the fruit punch flavor. Reminded me of those drinks you'd have as a kid where they had the tin foil lid tops. I always loved them because my mom never bought them, so I only got them at like birthday parties or something.

Oh yuck! i have the biggest sweet tooth and I still think that drink is gross. I had the orange my first two and the fruit punch this time around. Honestly though I think what makes it so bad is the jitters I get after. Did you guys not feel whacked out and like your body was in overdrive after? I've passed everytime but I hate how I feel after taking it.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • Options
    @MaybeMab I like my job, but every time I drive home from work I talk to myself and practice telling my midwife how bad I'm struggling and that I just can't do it anymore (I gave a very physically demanding job). I need to be off work, but every appt, I put on a brave face and say I'm feeling fine because I don't want to come off whiney/weak! And the rest of the day/weeks I end up kicking myself for not saying anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @paytonpedro i'm still eating our halloween candy
  • Options

I'm 25 and still do too! It was something I got when I was younger and just can't sleep without it after all these years.
    I still sleep with a blankie, the same one I had as a child...I'm 31 :/

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @MaybeMab I hope you're able to find an alternative/another place calls you back! It's not healthy and shouldn't be acceptable. Luckily I've only worked one job where I had a boss that screamed, threw things, etc, but I was just an intern and SO GLAD when my internship ended.
  • Options
    My 18 month old's hair is growing in to look like Carol Brady's. Long in the back - but only the bottom layer. Longish above the ears. Won't grow much in the front at all. 
  • Options
    @MaybeMab have you really looked at your resume and given it a great update? Try to include as many quantifiable things as you can. Avoid generic statements. There are even services online that will look at it for you if you don't have someone who is great at resumes. Make sure you have a cover letter and that it is customized to the job. It's intense but it's how people get jobs these days. Also, start building a network through LinkedIn. It's a great place to make connections and research your potential employers (to customize your resume and cover letter). Follow up after a respectful amount of time (usually a few weeks unless there is a timeline on the job post) and include your resume/cover letter and any skills that are especially important to the position in the follow up email. It is harder to get a job while visibly pregnant but assuming you have a kick-ass resume, you should be able to get in some doors.

I hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    Sending hugs, @MaybeMab.  I know how much the day in day out of a job you hate can really wear you down.  Stay strong.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @egraves4 have you tried the headband trick to curl your hair? It gave me Taylor Swift curls when I had longer hair. Since I've got an inverted bob now it doesn't work, but I use a curling wand now and my stick straight hair can hold these curls for days! Took this photo this morning, and I had curled my hair Thursday or Friday...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    @brushesnbrunch I must know this headband trick. I can curl my hair with a curling iron but it takes soooo long and it never holds long enough to make it worth it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @egraves4 have you tried the headband trick to curl your hair? It gave me Taylor Swift curls when I had longer hair. Since I've got an inverted bob now it doesn't work, but I use a curling wand now and my stick straight hair can hold these curls for days! Took this photo this morning, and I had curled my hair Thursday or Friday...
    I watched a youtube tutorial of it and it doesn't look too hard!  my hair is pretty long so it could be a total pain, but definitely worth a try. :) Your hair looks so cute though!  I have a wand, and I think I just get so frustrated.  I'll do the front fine and the back just ends up looking like a disaster.  My hair is a lot like yours though, it holds a curl really well, but it can also be flat ironed out and stay that way as well.  

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    edited November 2015
    ohbaby714 said:
    @brushesnbrunch I must know this headband trick. I can curl my hair with a curling iron but it takes soooo long and it never holds long enough to make it worth it.

So it won't let me link the pin from pinterest, but you can just look up no-heat curls, or headband curls and it should come up :)

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    It's not Friday; I know. But (TMI? Sorry) I get excited when I poop. It just feels so good to finally get it out!! Dang constipation.
  • Options
    egraves4 said:

Thought of another hair confession... I'm having a daughter and I think what terrifies me more than anything is not being able to show my daughter how to do all the girly things.  My mom didn't know how to braid, so I never learned.  I don't think I learned how to put my hair into a pony tail by myself until I was probably in middle school and I never learned how to curl my own hair.  I guess I just want her to be exposed to these things and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to teach her!

This is exactly how I feel!! I mean for crying out loud I was a LINEBACKERS on my high school football team. I detest shopping. I don't do my make up except rare occasions. I do NOT know how to girl.
  • Options
    @brushesnbrunch didn't do half as bad as I thought I would. I guess I just get impatient, and the back could look better, but I'll keep working on it.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    @egraves4 gurrrl,looks great!!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Yup. I'm 38 and sleep with Bert the hippo from NCIS.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I found out that my sister who is dealing with infertility issues and IVF will be spending Christmas morning with her husband's family. Normally, I'd be disappointed, but I'm secretly excited that I can open and fawn over baby related gifts without feeling awkward. I can be thoughtful and understanding the other 364 days of the year, but it's nice to have Christmas off. :)