Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Questionnaire: Genetic traits you want to pass on (or don't want to pass on?)

2»

Re: Questionnaire: Genetic traits you want to pass on (or don't want to pass on?)

• Options
    our genetic trait you want to pass on:     My skiing ability and happy personality

Your genetic trait you DON'T want to pass on:     My big butt and weight issues

SO's trait you want to pass on:     His intelligence and his skinness

SO's trait you DON'T want to pass on:      His lack of motivation

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    @skiingstark my hubs is also thin AND I have a large behind... More that we have in common!! Just had to share. It's always nice to be able to relate to someone... Even if it is the negatives!

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 yahh :) do you get the 'you must be good in bed' whenever you tell someone? I'm like firstly gross and secondly what the hell do you do in bed that you need extra flexibility for?

One good thing about it is I can lick my elbow so I use it as bait when my students are being douchey- no one believes that I can do it so they shut up when they see I can.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    @LilLambie - OMG, no!  I'm glad no one has said that to me, LOL.  Or, wait... maybe I shouldn't be?  Hmmm...  When I had shoulder surgery number two because of it, my doc told me, "if you were a runner instead of a swimmer, you'd dislocate your knees all the time" though. I took that as the best reason ever to never run again!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    MamaBish said:

I just want a baby who lives a long and happy life.

The rest are just insignificant details.

Eta: *insert Debbie Downer gif here*

me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options

Hmm, I'll use characteristics because I'm not sure all of these things can be linked to genes

Your genetic trait characteristic you want to pass on: My love of reading/getting lost in a book

Your genetic trait characteristic you DON'T want to pass on: My disorganization and general laziness

SO's genetic trait you want to pass on: his blue eyes - unlikely because everyone in my family has dark eyes and so do both his parents, but hey, you never know

SO's trait characteristic you DON'T want to pass on: I have to think on this - there isn't much about my husband that I wouldn't love to see in my future LO
    I appreciate the distinction. I passed along a hemoglobin trait I didn't even know I had to my LO, and that's a very scary thing to hear when you don't understand how genes work. Thanks to a very patient doctor, I now understand that a trait is not a disease, my child will not become ill because of this trait, and that both parents would have had to pass the trait down for there to be a possibility of a serious health problem.

So to get back to the fun part of the question, as far as characteristics, I'd want to pass on my creativity and my husband's athleticism!