November 2015 Moms
Options

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options
    My contractions seem to stop and start so just trying to sleep during the gaps really. I read in my book that often if you have a slow early labour the next bit tends to be quicker. Not sure how true that is but I'm hanging on to that!
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks and 6 days. Yesterday around 12:30 1 o'clock I had my membranes swept. Immediately after I started cramping.

I've never stopped cramping and now I'm have a little bit of bloody discharge. I already lost my mucustomers plug about 3 weeks ago so I'm guessing it replenished it self and it came out again.

I've had nonstop cramping and back aches. I'm having Braxton hicks contractions but nothing in a pattern. I've had a couple painful contractions last night but then nothing.

How did you feel after a membrane sweep?

On sunday night I'm being Induced, I'm starting cervidil then pitocin Monday morning. My dr wants to see if I'll go before then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vomiting 3 times the day before my rcs and feeling like overall garbage. Ugh, just one more day little girl!
  • Options
    I had a little blood this morning so I'm assuming that's my bloody show and that I've lost my mucus plug. I know labor may not be imminent but at least that's some progress! Especially since at my last cervical check 2 weeks ago I hadn't been dilated at all. I'm 39+4 today.

We have some major winds/storm coming through tonight and I know changes in barometric pressure can encourage labor to start so we shall see. Although we're an hour from the hospital and driving in those winds would not be fun.

Poor DH is so focused on this kid coming that he's struggling to get any work done. Little man needs to come soon so daddy gets some paternity leave!
  • Options
    lke17 said:

I know I still have 12 days until my due date but I have had no progression in dilation. My cervix is so far posterior my doctor can't tell anything. I actually had false labor yesterday which makes no sense to me seeing as my cervix has done nothing. I'm just so frustrated, I was hoping I'd at least have a little progression especially since I had the false labor yesterday but nothing. The thought of even going one day over my due date is a horrific thought as I am so mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted I am so just ready for this baby to come! I know it's my first and most women go over their due date with their first but I was hoping I'd be an exception. What a dream huh? Ha! My doctor also mentioned today that my baby's head is so low in my pelvis (which I thought sounded like a good thing) that the doc is concerned about how the baby will fit during labor? I'm so confused!
    I should also mention that I have low platelets and I've started steroids to boost the platelet count, my doc is saying she doesn't want to induce me if she doesn't have to but I'm concerned with no progression at all that I will get too far and then the reaction from the steroids will fade and my platelets will go back down as we wait for my body to go into labor naturally.

Any luck with this? Just got the same news at 40w4d that my cervix is so posterior she can't tell me how dilated I am. But baby's head is so low at a +2. Didn't want to get induced but it's looking that way not sure if I should just cave on my birth plan or what
  • Options
    I'm 39+3... Dilated to a 3 and got a membrane sweep today. Cramping now! Wondering if this sweep is going to work or not. Don't mind going till my due date but no further please!!
  • Options
    37w4d. 3cm and 75% at my appt yesterday. Today having what I think are contractions. Not very consistent yet, but very uncomfortable. Feels different that when I was in labor with DD, but with her I convinced myself for hours that I just needed to poop. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping things settle down and he cooks just a little bit longer yet.
  • Options
    39 weeks here, 2cm dilated , has my membranes swept today and will have it done again on Tuesday . If nothing happens then next Thursday is inducement day

• Options
    40w1d here and for the past couple of hours I've been having an increase in BH contractions (still not at all painful or regular, so not the real deal I'm guessing) and an increase in thin discharge. Trying not to get my hopes up about this being the start of something, but if baby is getting ready for his debut I'd be thrilled!
  • Options
    Just an update on my situation lost my plug today so hopefully a good sign that not long left, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    38+5 and finally getting some cramps. Still no actual contractions. Still feel "off" and now my cat is following me around. Hoping she senses something! Cervix check on Friday!
  • Options

38+5 and finally getting some cramps. Still no actual contractions. Still feel "off" and now my cat is following me around. Hoping she senses something! Cervix check on Friday!

For me it's been my dog. He's been extra clingy. I appreciate the snuggles, but not when you're 50+ pounds and want to lay on me. It's hard enough to get comfortable as it is.
  • Options
    How long does round ligament pain usually last?
  • Options
    Another shout out!! I have my induction date set for next week on Tuesday the 17th! Woohoo.. I'm hoping she makes her appearance before then but now I can plan a little better! Good luck to everyone and hope all of you have smooth and easy births. :smile:
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw my dog follows me everywhere and if he hears me stir in the morning will cry for me to get up. Cute but annoying. He only weighs like 8lb so don't mind him chilling on my belly. It's nice company while playing the waiting game to be honest as the boy works long hours.
  • Options
    Doctor's appt tomorrow to check progress at 39W5D. I'm hoping to be at a two or three, but I'm just guessing I'll still be at one. My doctor has suggested that I keep going to work to keep myself active and moving and encourage labor, so that's what I'm doing. But I am so over it. I'm tired of people speaking to me and telling me I'm about to pop and I should go home. Just stop people. STFU. I'm not as over the pregnancy as I am over going to work. I'm not even taking time off tomorrow--just leaving to go to the doc during my planning period. On top of that, MH is on vacation this week, so I'm dragging myself to work while he's in the bed and then playing video games all day. Hoping for some progress tomorrow so I can stop being an irrational B. Good luck to everyone else...we're almost there :-).
  • Options
    rachswi said:

I had a little blood this morning so I'm assuming that's my bloody show and that I've lost my mucus plug. I know labor may not be imminent but at least that's some progress! Especially since at my last cervical check 2 weeks ago I hadn't been dilated at all. I'm 39+4 today.

We have some major winds/storm coming through tonight and I know changes in barometric pressure can encourage labor to start so we shall see. Although we're an hour from the hospital and driving in those winds would not be fun.

Poor DH is so focused on this kid coming that he's struggling to get any work done. Little man needs to come soon so daddy gets some paternity leave!

I may be having contractions. Not totally sure yet. Mostly just pain in my back but it's coming in waves (every 4-5 minutes for 30-45 secs) so it may be the start. Playing the waiting game for now to see if they intensify.
  • Options
    It's different for everyone. I had it for the first half of the 2nd trimester and then off and on the last few weeks (39+5 currently).
  • Options

Till you deliver?
    What I meant was when you have round ligament pain is it normal for it to last for hours or minutes?... But I talked to my ob about it and apparently it shouldn't last longer than a few minutes
  • Options

Till you deliver?
    What I meant was when you have round ligament pain is it normal for it to last for hours or minutes?... But I talked to my ob about it and apparently it shouldn't last longer than a few minutes
    Ah. It usually only lasts a minute or two for me.
  • Options
    Till you deliver?

Up to maybe 5 minutes in my case, I have had to lay down for a few minutes then get back up

• Options
    mrsgabus said:
    Till you deliver?

Up to maybe 5 minutes in my case, I have had to lay down for a few minutes then get back up
    If it lasts longer it might be a round ligament spasm. I had one at the beginning of the third tri that lasted for hours. It was awful. 
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I'm scheduled to be induced on the 23rd. I'm 38 weeks exactly and have experienced little to no contractions (or so it seems) I may have had some but have not felt them? I'm so nervous that at any moment you could go into labor because I definitely do not know what to expect. I do have horrible back pains but I was also diagnosed with UC so that could be a cause of the back pains as well, so you could probably see my confusion with contractions and just regular back pain...
  • Options
    Sitting in labor and delivery. Starting getting contractions around 2pm. Around 6 they were about 6 minutes apart and strong. Now about 5 minutes apart. Still only 1cm dilated. Going to monitor me and see how I progress. Was scheduled for an induction on Friday anyway so we'll see what they decide to do.
  • Options
    Had my appointment today, 40w1d. I'm at a one and a wiggle. Had an NST and having contractions (just lots of tightening and pressure, no pain) every ten minutes. She swept my membranes for the second time but I'm not seeing a lot of progress. My induction is scheduled for the night of the 18th. Praying baby comes before that!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Induction scheduled for tonight at 5. I'm 39 & 4. However, big sister to be came down with a fever and headache. If she is sick, she can't come see baby at the hospital. Taking her to dr and then will decide if we need to postpone induction. If it's a virus, most likely we will reschedule.
  • Options
    Had contractions about every half hour all day yesterday, and then they sped up for about three hours last night to every 3-5 minutes. Midwife on call suggested I try a bath, and they slowed down significantly. Decided to try to sleep and they stopped altogether overnight. Yay prodromal labor.

Decided to go into work today because I might as well, but feeling pretty grumpy. I'm sure DH is going to be in a funk again because he got all excited to go last night and even called his family even though I told him to wait till we were heading to the birth center.. I keep telling him not to get his hopes up- unless my water breaks, nothing is certain until we get to the birth center and get the word from the midwife that it's really time.
  • Options
    Another day waking up and asking myself "are you in labor yet"? Nope. Trying to be patient (40+2 today) but feeling like every day that I am sitting here waiting for baby is a day of maternity leave wasted (started leave on Monday). Womp womp.
  • Options
    Been walking at night with SO which causes some fairly painful contractions in my lower tummy and pain in my back, but they seem to go away shortly after stopping/: Hoping this baby gets here soon since daddy's vacation time starts next Monday whether he's here or not!
  • Options
    39+4 here, and no dilation as of yesterday. Been walking a few miles with the dog every day, still feeling pretty good. I woke up this morning to painful cramps and got so excited…turns out, I just had to poo :/ On the plus side, I was able to successfully do that! In any case, the doctor won't let me go over 41 weeks, so one way or another, our baby will be here in 10 days! 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Can someone please help elaborate on back labor verses normal labor? I know labor is different for everyone but from what I've been told with back labor contractions and other signs of labor may not always be present/noticeable.
  • Options
    4 more days til RCS - feels like a lifetime. So miserable
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    38 + 5 and woke up at 5am to lots of cramping which turned into irregular contractions. Was able to sleep on and off until DD woke us up at 8am. Now just a whole lot more pressure and cramping. Going to go get groceries this morning because we need them and we will see what ends up happening!
  • Options
    Really really frustrated. I've been having contractions since 4:30 yesterday afternoon (it's now 9:45 am here so going on 17 hours). DH and I decided it was time to head to the hospital around midnight since the contractions had increased a bit in intensity and we had an hour drive ahead of us. That drive was miserable. Got to the hospital to find I was only dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. Walked the halls for an hour and dilated to 2 cm. I've been stuck there ever since so I was given the option of leaving or getting induced since I'm 39+5.

We decided that since I was had a scheduled appointment with the midwife this afternoon that we would leave and labor at my brothers house since he lives in the town where the hospital is. We're going to go to my appointment this afternoon and see where things are. I'm not sure what we will decide since an hour home and then an hour back to the hospital later sounds terrible with contractions. But I don't really want pitocin since there's a greater risk of c-section and I'm having a lot of back labor which would only intensify... Advice??
  • Options
    How much mucus comes out when you lose your mucus plug?!

I feel like Its alot. I had my membranes swept tuesday afternoon and I was bleeding a little after that then it's stopped and I was cramping all tuesday and most of Wednesday. Now I'm having irregular contractions and the past 3 times I went to the bathroom I have bloody show...I wipe until it's gone but next bathroom trip there more....

I'm sorry tmi.

I just need insight. I don't want to call the dr Bc I don't think it's an emergency or anything.