August 2015 Moms
Options

Pumping & Spicy Foods

I'm exclusively pumping. Back around week 4-6 I ate Chipotle for lunch and we think it upset LO. She was extremely irritable and pukey for about 2-3 days. I've stayed away from spicy foods since then and other than reflux, we haven't had any "Chipotle days" since. However, coworkers just brought me chipotle for lunch. Do I need to pump and dump? How many sessions should I, if so?

Re: Pumping & Spicy Foods

• Options
    Maybe just mark those bottles so you know you had Chipotle before that pumping, so if LO reacts to it you can just dump it.
  • Options
    I agree.  I mark my bags if I had something new that day that I think may upset LO...like a few months ago I used to mark bags COFFEE when I had about a cup or two of coffee.  He hasn't reacted any differently to the days I drink coffee so I stopped marking the bag.  I did have spicy food one day and had breastfed him and he seemed to handle it weirdly.  I dunno.  He wasn't crying but he was squirming around a little more than usual.  But anyways, marking bags (or bottles).  Great idea! :)

banfrog said:
    Maybe just mark those bottles so you know you had Chipotle before that pumping, so if LO reacts to it you can just dump it.