May 2016 Moms
Options

Non-alcoholic Bevs that keep you sane!

Tired of club soda at the bar. What are you drinking when you can't imbibe the alcoholic stuffs?

Re: Non-alcoholic Bevs that keep you sane!

• Options
    I'm majorly in to sparkling juice- particularly apple, cranberry-apple, and pear. Also, sometimes my husband makes smoothies. We drink all of the above in wine or margarita glasses to make it 'feel' more like drinking alcohol.
  • Options
    I went to Not Your Average Joe's Sunday night with girlfriends and was surprised with their non-alcoholic drink menu. I had fancy Raspberry No-jito's. They were delicious! On Halloween I bought a bottle of alcohol free wine to drink while all the other parents were drinking. No one knew except my husband. It wasn't bad, it was a moscato flavor that actually tasted like white grape juice. When I am home I do lots of water or crystal light.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sparking grape or apple juice or flavored sparkling water with fruit juice.
  • Options
    Virgin Bloody Mary and Micheladas. Instead of beer, I mix the Micheladas mix with Topo Chico water.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Martinelli's sparkling apple is the bomb.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Martinelli's sparkling apple is the bomb.

I currently have 3 small bottles of this at home. Definitely my main go to right now. :)
  • Options

It sounds so plain jane, but water and a huge lemon with tons of ice is my jam lately. It's the little things that make me content these days lol.

Agree the lemon is key!!

• Options
    Cranberry juice or Martinelli's sparkling apple juice, which almost tastes like Angry Orchard. :)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Cranberry juice when we go out to dinner if they don't have a non-alcoholic section on the cocktail menu.

A lot of places in our town have non-alcoholic "mocktails," some of which are really excellent, and I always appreciate seeing those. I tip extra when I get them, since they're usually half as expensive but require just as much work for the bartender to make as real cocktails, so I figure the bartender deserves the same tip that he or she would get if I were paying full price for actual alcohol.
  • Options

Cranberry juice or Martinelli's sparkling apple juice, which almost tastes like Angry Orchard. :)

Where can I find this Martinelli's?
  • Options
    I'll add that most good cocktail bars have ginger beer, which is a great substitute for a Moscow/gin-gin mule! (And also great for nausea)
  • Options
    Merciel said:

Cranberry juice when we go out to dinner if they don't have a non-alcoholic section on the cocktail menu.

A lot of places in our town have non-alcoholic "mocktails," some of which are really excellent, and I always appreciate seeing those. I tip extra when I get them, since they're usually half as expensive but require just as much work for the bartender to make as real cocktails, so I figure the bartender deserves the same tip that he or she would get if I were paying full price for actual alcohol.

I think tipping extra is a great idea!

• Options
    Melro81 said:

Where can I find this Martinelli's?
    Check your grocery store over in the juice aisle. They come in bigger wine/champagne like bottles or smaller clear bottles. At least that's where they have it in mine. Honestly I buy it so much I feel like at this point they are only stocking it for me.

And yes I can attest to it being pretty close to Angry Orchard. Delicious. :)
  • Options
    Has anyone tried any NA versions of beer or wine that they like?
  • Options
    Okay the power of suggestion is a very real thing in pregnant lady world.   I now suddenly must have sparkling grape juice, etc lol  and/or cranberry and orange juice mixed together yummy

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options

Funny you should ask! I work at a pub and I have soooo been missing my after work beer!!! Plus I've had a crazy craving for a nice cold crisp beer!! So the other night when I was done work I got myself a NA Beer. It was an O'douls. It wasn't bad. A little fizzy but it was good enough to satisfy craving. As for NA wine I haven't tried any but u would love some suggestions as well! Oh how I miss a big glass of Cab Sauv!!!
  • Options
    My go to usually when I go out for dinner is sparkling water and cranberry juice with a lots of limes! I also drink it at home in a wine glass lol
  • Options
    asht17 said:

Funny you should ask! I work at a pub and I have soooo been missing my after work beer!!! Plus I've had a crazy craving for a nice cold crisp beer!! So the other night when I was done work I got myself a NA Beer. It was an O'douls. It wasn't bad. A little fizzy but it was good enough to satisfy craving. As for NA wine I haven't tried any but u would love some suggestions as well! Oh how I miss a big glass of Cab Sauv!!!
    I bought some Busch N/A. It's pretty comparable to most domestic beers. The N/A wine doesn't cut it. Stick with juice :)
  • Options
    I've had mixed reactions when I've asked bartenders at local bars if they can make some type of mocktail. Some looked at me like I was just plain crazy. But the other night we were at our favorite bar and the bartender was such a sweetie. She concocted the most delicious drink! It was pear, pineapple and ginger ale. I wish I knew exactly how she made it because I could drink it by the pitcher! As PP said, I ended up tipping her pretty well. Might have been the hormones, but it just felt so nice to feel like I could order a great drink at the bar. She said it was fun for her too. She had never made that drink before. She said she just looked to see what fresh fruit they had and just went to town. Again, this is why it's my favorite bar!
  • Options
    "Alcohol removed wine" is just not worth it. Not a huge fan of the martinelli's either. For na beer I've liked the paulaner weizen- radler the best.

Also been doing a lot of ginger beer with lime. Tasty and good for nausea.
  • Options
    We go out every Sunday to watch football. I've been starting with a super spicy virgin Bloody Mary. That's getting boring through so going to ask them to concoct me up something fun this week!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I mix juice with seltzer...I have done this for years because it's a good substitute for spritzer, it's also a good substitute for soda. Cranberry juice with some lime seltzer is my thing at the moment.
  • Options

asht17 said:

I bought some Busch N/A. It's pretty comparable to most domestic beers. The N/A wine doesn't cut it. Stick with juice :)
    The N/A stuff still contains alcohol. The percentage is less (1-2%), but still there.

Personally I don't think it's worth it, but that's just me.
  • Options
    I like clam diggers, like bloody Marys but a lot spicier.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    I love Ginger Beer! Most bars have it because it is used in Moscow Mules...and it is non-alcoholic despite the "beer" in the name. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Not sure if they serve it at bars but Im obsessed with blackberry Izze. I drink it in the evenings if my husband is having beer
  • Options

asht17 said:

The N/A stuff still contains alcohol. The percentage is less (1-2%), but still there.

Personally I don't think it's worth it, but that's just me.
    The alcohol content is .5% however you can find NA beer with 0% alcohol. They are just harder ti find.
  • Options
    Water with lemon or Virgin Bloody Mary. For an occasion, I agree with PPs that Martinelli's sparkling cider is awesome.
  • Options
    Coffee. Nothing can replace my beloved wine so I stick to my other vice. Decaf if it's not morning.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• Options
    I've been drinking lots of sparkling grapefruit juice with mineral water. We went to an all inclusive resort last weekend and I couldn't resist ordering virgin mojitos!
  • Options
    Cranberry juice with sprite. I've been wanting angry orchard... I'll have to pick up some Martinelli's now.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    I've been drinking soda water with cranberry and lime. It's my go-to mocktail
  • Options

If I am out, I will get a soda water with a splash of cranberry juice.

With DS, when I started REALLY struggling for a drink late 2nd tri/all of 3rd tri, I would get virgin frozen raspberry margaritas. But alas, they are never the same!

Lately I would kill for a Not Your Father's Root Beer.  They're so good.  Sigh.

image        image

• Options
    lest12 said:

Lately I would kill for a Not Your Father's Root Beer.  They're so good.  Sigh.

Ugh. Those are so good. They make for really good root beer floats as well.
  • Options
    I dipped my finger in DHs Stella at the bar yesterday for a taste. IT WAS SO GOOD. I love being pregnant, and would give up all the beer in the world to ensure a heatlhy and viable pregnancy, but man, I miss a nice cold beer. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    this weekend i had a berry lemonade spritzer. it was fizzy and came in a cocktail glass! i did not feel as left out from the group who were all drinking booze.
  • Options
    My new obsession: picked up a little bottle of concentrated 100% black cherry juice and add it to seltzer. I drink about 3 glasses a day. It's probably not sweet enough for most people (it has no added sugar/sweeteners), but I love it. It kind of has a similar vibe to a campari and soda.

Sooo many ladies here have mentioned cranberry juice. Is that something that you drank before pregnancy or only took up during? I have nothing against it, just surprised at how many mentions it got. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    I had a virgin Mojito the other night - it was actually fantastic!