June 2016 Moms
Options

First ultrasound, 3 heartbeats, freaking the F*** out!

2»

Re: First ultrasound, 3 heartbeats, freaking the F*** out!

• Options
    I just got goosebumps!!! That's SOOO exciting! And I def think it's normal to be totally freaked out. Congratulations!!
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to see a thread about having multiples. I am 6w2d pregnant with fraternal twins and a first time mom so, as you can expect, my emotions are all over the place! I am thrilled to be pregnant after so many months of fertility treatment, but I am scared how I am physically going to carry 2 babies (I'm very petite) and then how DH and I will manage caring for 2 babies. Normal fears, right?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @RMM1204, I'm 5'2", and carried my twins to my schedule c-section date. I was hella uncomfortable, but your body can do some amazing things. I have triplet mama friends under 5'4, who have carried to term. You got this. ;)
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• Options
    I'm late to the party but HOLY MOLY!  Congratulations!!  I would be freaking out too but so excited.  You CAN do this!  I'll be thinking of you and watching for an update.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @RMM1204 I am definitely right there with you! I was thinking today that I'm nervous about actually carrying them but I'm 5'9, so that'll help!!

I keep writing posts thanking everyone but I can't tell you how touched I am by all the wonderful responses. It has made this crazy day so much easier!! Thank you all!!
  • Options
    Omg!!! Congrats!!!
  • Options

CourtJack said:

HOLY moly!!! Shock of a lifetime or what?! Congrats and looking forward to hearing more! FX for the little bean you're going to check on next week :)

Such a shock!!  24 hours later and I'm still in shock!!  Plusalso, I love your screen name, my husband's name is Courtney Jack, so it always reminds me of him!

@jaceyannie Random - My husband's name is Courtny, too! I can count on two fingers the number of male Courtn(e)y's I know, so it's fun to see another! :)

Congrats momma!
  • Options
    Wow, that had to be insane!! Prayers everything is ok with baby#3, and I'm sure you'll do awesome once the shock wears off. :)
     BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Whaaaattt that's crazy!! So rare!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a nurse, and though i don't practice in maternity, I remember from school that identical twins are not genetic, only fraternal twins are. So if you have identical twins in the family, it really means nothing, it was just a luck thing.

Loving reading about everyones experiences. Being newly pregnant, it's fun and exciting to read!! Especially, the bitching about symptoms, some of them are no joke uncomfortable. Good luck to all the moms out there!
  • Options
    Babyebbs said:

Hi, I'm a nurse, and though i don't practice in maternity, I remember from school that identical twins are not genetic, only fraternal twins are. So if you have identical twins in the family, it really means nothing, it was just a luck thing.

That's true. :) ID twins are random, and actually distributed evenly across every culture and country-I think that is fascinating.

Would you believe though, that my ID's are 3rd generation? My husband and my father-in-law both have an ID twin. All mono chorionic sets (one placenta.). Our doc was shocked when they found ID twins at my first ultrasound!
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• Options
    CourtJack said:
    HOLY moly!!! Shock of a lifetime or what?! Congrats and looking forward to hearing more! FX for the little bean you're going to check on next week :)
    Such a shock!!  24 hours later and I'm still in shock!!  Plusalso, I love your screen name, my husband's name is Courtney Jack, so it always reminds me of him!
    Oh really!? that's funny. My name is Courtney and my son's name is Jack :)
  • Options
    Oh wow! Prayers for them.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It doesn't make you awful at all it makes you human!!  I will keep you and your little beans in my thoughts and prayers! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It doesn't make you awful at all it makes you human!!  I will keep you and your little beans in my thoughts and prayers! 

Thank you for that!  I really needed that this morning! :)

• Options
    To be honest I don't feel I've bonded with this baby yet and I only have 1!

I don't want to get too attached until we are further along... I'm hoping after my next US it really hits me :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    To be honest I don't feel I've bonded with this baby yet and I only have 1! I don't want to get too attached until we are further along... I'm hoping after my next US it really hits me :)

I'm with you!  It's hard because you think you should be bonded but it feels so foreign and scary!  I think pregnancy is hard because it's so different for each woman!  And when we don't feel the way we think we should, we're so hard on ourselves!  Don't worry, it will come!

• Options
    Hugs to you! I've been thinking about you too especially with one of your little ones being a week behind! Prayers for your health and for your emotions too! I'd be worried if your emotions weren't all over the map! One day at a time!
  • Options
    I'm continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You are definitely not a horrible person, I think it's natural to be too worried to get attached. Thank you so much for posting an update I've been worried about you!
  • Options
    I have twins baking right now, and I did freak out with just 2 - cannot imagine 3. Good luck with everything progressing.