August 2015 Moms

Working moms morning routine

Working mamas what is your morning routine job with your LO? I start a job Monday and my husband works out of town so am kind of nervous about getting her ready as well as myself!

Re: Working moms morning routine

• I get up an hour and a half before I have to go anywhere. I get up before she does so o can shower. I put water on for my oats for breakfast while in the shower. So they can cook while I shower. I lay her clothes and anything she needs the night before as well as what I'm going to wear. I'll feed her after I get out of the shower and put her in her swing after to talk and play with herself and watch me get ready. Then usually I'll feed her before I leave if it's not a day she goes with me abs she takes her next nap. Dad watches her on days I don't take her with me but i still prepare things for her for the day. Love my job, I take her with me twice a week. Writing it out and reading it makes it look crazy but it works for me B-)
  • Thank you, that is helpful!
  • Loading the player...
  • H goes to work an hour after me, so he is a major help.

Get up, pump 20min. Shower, put the milk in his bag that we packed the night before, eat breakfast/get dressed. Out the door in about 45 min.

H makes breakfast, packs my lunch, feeds baby bottle, and helps me load the car.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• H goes to work an hour after me, so he is a major help.

Get up, pump 20min. Shower, put the milk in his bag that we packed the night before, eat breakfast/get dressed. Out the door in about 45 min.

H makes breakfast, packs my lunch, feeds baby bottle, and helps me load the car.

Wow!
    My hub and I leave at the same time and I hope he will be this helpful!
  • I feel extremely blessed! My mom watches my daughter. I keep frozen breast milk in stock at my moms as well as diapers and wipes. The night before I pack my daughter clothes and bows (my mom does photography so she snaps some beauty shots of my LO during the day) I get up in the morning and pump immediately for 20 minutes. After putting my milk away I pack my lunch for the day and my pump. I load my car and change my daughter then we head to Nana's where a bottle is already ready for her. I can't feed her right before we leave or she will get sick in the car.
  • I'm curious too for this! I have 10 week old, 14 year old and special needs dog to get up and out in two weeks when I start work. I'm thinking about practicing it the week prior to going back.
  • DH and I practiced the two days before I went back to work. I get up at 530 to shower, do hair and makeup. Then I wake DH and DD up at 6. I nurse DD while DH showers. Then from 620-645ish I help him get ready to leave with DD (he does daycare drop offs). That includes packing her bottles and my pump bag, getting her sweatshirt on now that it's cold, DH warming up the car for her, putting her in the car seat. After he leaves I have 15 minutes to myself to get dressed and eat breakfast. I always get dressed after they leave so I don't risk spit up on my work clothes. Hope that helps! Don't worry, you'll find your rhythm pretty quickly. The first week I was anxious about it, so I picked out clothes the night before. I don't usually worry about that anymore.
  • I change and feed DS at 5:30, set him in a rock 'n' play after eating. Then I get ready and we leave around 6:45. I get our clothes and bags (diaper bag, pump, milk, laptop, etc.) all ready and laid out the night before.
  • abim717 said:

I change and feed DS at 5:30, set him in a rock 'n' play after eating. Then I get ready and we leave around 6:45. I get our clothes and bags (diaper bag, pump, milk, laptop, etc.) all ready and laid out the night before.

I think the key is the prep the night before for SURE!

• phawkes9 said:
    I change and feed DS at 5:30, set him in a rock 'n' play after eating. Then I get ready and we leave around 6:45. I get our clothes and bags (diaper bag, pump, milk, laptop, etc.) all ready and laid out the night before.
    I think the key is the prep the night before for SURE!

It also can help to have an extra pump for the office. EBAY has pumps that you can get, and its just the motor. That helps a great deal in prep time in the morning. I can just take bottles and flanges to work, or since I have a fridge i can just leave flanges there.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I also have an elderly dog that takes extra attention. She's insulin dependent. It's just one more person to get ready in the am
  • I work at 8:30, and have to leave the house by 7:30 to get to daycare on time. Usually my alarm is set for 5:45 unless I shower the night before, then it's 6am... I will wake up and let my dogs out and feed them, then shower, and then I pump for about 20 minutes. I will eat and prepare her bottles while pumping so that I am not just sitting there. This usually takes me till about 6:30-6:45. I pack my lunch, pump and parts for the work day in a backpack after I'm done with the morning pump session.
    I then wake her up, nurse her, dress her, and pack the car before heading out the door at 7:30.
    I plan my outfit, her outfit, and have milk thawing in the fridge the night before so that's all quick and easy in the mornings. I have a bit of an oversupply which is why I pump and nurse her in the mornings, but I try to keep this up in case anything happens so that I have a freezer stash to fall back on.
  • He is ready to be up by 6am. I don't work until 830am. I feed him from 6-620. Then get him ready from 620-645. Put him in his swing or bouncer (which is in the bathroom to watch me). That gives me one hour to get ready and grab bottles (already prepared night before), grab my lunch/coffee, or stop getting ready at any moment to entertain him if he isn't having it just sitting there anymore. Out the door by 745am.
  • I have been practicing our morning routine this week before going back to work next week. We start bedtime routine of bath, book, and nursing around 6 and she is asleep by 7. I then lay out both of our outfits including my workout gear the night before. I also prep her bottles and my lunch while I'm cooking dinner. I keep pump at work. I go to bed by 10. She usually wakes up hungry around 5 then falls right back asleep for one last nap. I then do my workout (highly recommend T25) and hop in the shower, eat breakfast and finish getting ready. She wakes up from nap around 7, so I feed her and get her ready and we are out the door by 7:30. It's then 10 minutes to day care and another 20 to work.
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • So here is what I do:

I have to be at work by 7:30 AM.  I get up at 5 AM and if I didn't shower the night before, I shower that morning (hey I gotta get it when I can get it).  If you can help it and don't mind, take your shower right before you go to bed.  It will free up so much time in the morning.  Anyways, so I take a 10-15 minute shower, then I brush my teeth, do my hair and get on my clothes for the work day.  After that I eat a bowl of cereal or oatmeal, feed the dog if my husband didn't feed her that morning, take her outside in the yard, let her do her business and back inside.  By this time it is around 5:45AM ish.  Then I get LO, change his diaper, get his clothes on, give him his vitamin D supplement.  I'll then grab his diaper bag (prepared the night before), grab his milk for the day out of the refridgerator, strap him in his carseat and we are out of the door by 6 AM.   By 6:30 AM I'm at his caregiver's house and then I'm on the road to work.  (Traffic absolutely SUCKS around here so I have to get up that early).

Some helpful tips:

If I can help it I do EVERYTHING the night before.  Showering is the last thing I do before hitting my head on the pillow unless something happened that night before then the morning I go ahead and shower.  I get his diaper bag ready, restock it if I need to and I set out his outfit as well for the next day.  I have diapers and wipes already on standby so in the morning that is one less thing I have to hunt for.  As far as my lunch for the work day I sometimes by it and sometimes it is leftovers from the night before.  I also cook a ton of meals on Sunday and either freeze it or put it in the refrigerator for later on in the week (if you haven't already buy a crockpot--it's a great appliance to have).  Um lets see what else.  Oh yeah we get the dog's food ready the night before too so all I have to do is set it down and she's ready to eat.  First thing I do when I get to work is pump as well.  I'm sure I forgot some things but the key is to prep as much as you can the night before. 

BTW I had a plan and haha it all blew up in my face the first day I went back to work.  I showed up maybe about 10-15 minutes late.  But I was thankful they were understanding.  The next day I highlighted my mistakes and anyways I haven't had any serious problems yet. 

Good Luck!!!!