TTC after 35
Options

HSG revealed polyp blocking fallopian tube...

So I'm pretty much a wreck right now.  Just finished clomid for my 2nd round of IUI and had my HSG today.  My left side is great.. everything is working.  My right side had what my RE called a polyp blocking where the uterus joins the fallopian tubes.  On the xray screen, I could actually see like a tiny ball in the upper right part of my uterus where the fallopian tubes join.  

My RE said that on Wednesday when I go back in for my appt, he will see how my ovaries are doing. We saw both sides had follicles growing last week but we need the left side to be working.  If the left side is doing okay, we may still go ahead with the IUI.  Last month my left ovary kept hiding from the ultrasound so we only saw I had a decent follicle on the right ovary (oh the irony... probably was a wasted IUI).

He hinted at possibly surgery and that IVF may be our only future option after this month.  I'm PCOS, DH has more of an EDD issue so that's whywe have been seeing an RE.

Anyone else recently had to go through a surgery or procedure to remove a polyp?  I'm so mad and angry at my body.  This is just one more thing to add to that list of reasons why I haven't been able to get pregnant yet. :-(

Re: HSG revealed polyp blocking fallopian tube...

• Options
    I am so so sorry @Piperella :(
    I don't have any experience with this, but I wanted to offer my support. You must be feeling so disappointed right now. I hope someone has more to say about your situation. Hang in there xoxo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited October 2015
    I am so sorry @piperella. I don't have experience with this myself but I hope it might be encouraging to know that a friend of mine lost one Fallopian tube (hopefully nothing you will have to face) after an ectopic pregnancy, during which she was also diagnosed with endometriosis. She worked with an RE and was eventually able to get pregnant. She had her baby earlier this week.

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will pray for wisdom for your docs. Take care.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No experience @piperella, but I'm sorry you're going through this!  Hang in there.  Hugs.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    So sorry you have to deal with all of this! Thinking of you during this difficult time.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies. I took myself to bed early last night. Now I'm up too early because all I can hear is my do snoring. The reality of this is hitting me in waves. I always knew IVF would be the best option in the back of my mind...but now it seems like it's the only choice. I cried a lot about it yesterday. Wish I could stay home and cry more, but that's not going to help me move forward. Thank you ladies for listening to me.
  • Options
    Hang in there, this stuff is tough to deal with. Like sporty though, I've also got a friend that still got pregnant even though she only had one tube (that may or may not help you). Heck, she got pregnant with an egg that was released from the ovary where she didn't have a tube! She was working with a RE at the time and they were doing US monitoring, so she had nixed the cycle due to ovulating from the ovary without the Fallopian tube. Low and behold she has a healthy 2 year old now. The human body does strange stuff......
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the others - I don't feel like this automatically means you need IVF.  I don't see why they can't remove the polyp and then try again before IVF.  Also, I too know several people who have gotten pregnant with one tube.  I hope you can find a plan that makes sense for you!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I know the body can do crazy things and it does help to hear those stories. I'm trying not to think about it too much today. My RE is the one who mentioned IVF even before this attempt at IUI, so it's just another thing to lean towards IVF. Hopefully tomorrow we will have a productive meeting with the RE and I will feel a bit more grounded as to where I am in this process.
  • Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. This TTC can be brutal! Hoping doc can fix you all up and you get BFP soon!

ME:37 DH:30

MARRIED: 07/19/2010, TTC #1: 07/19/2010

DX: PCOS, First IUI: 10/01/2015, BFN

• Options
    Hope your meeting with the RE goes better than you're expecting. I'm sure they can come up with a plan and help you move forward. Creepy internet hugs coming your way!
  • Options
    @Piperella I have a blocked tube. Our RE told us our chances were cut in half and pushed us to move to IVF. My OB said it doesn't mean our chances are halved and recent studies have shown that a fallopian tube can pick up an egg regardless of which side it originated. Right after the OB told me that, and after the RE confirmed I'd be ovulating on the side of the blocked tube, I had a chemical pregnancy (my first BFP ever). We've switched REs. No BFP since and we're moving onto IVF, but that's because of our timeline/ages and not the blocked tube.
  • Options
    For me after talking to my RE, the chances are just so slim that all the stars would align and we would end up with a bfp. I've decided to move on to IVF in a shared success program that due to my age only gives me a year to get pregnant and have a child, or I get refunded the program and doctor fees. We pay completely out of pocket for everything fertility related so the choices I had to make were partially based on that. If I had waited even one more month, I'd not be eligible for the shared success program due to my age.
  • Options
    That sounds like a great program and even better timing. I start in Nov. too. Let's hope we're both KU by February!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're having to deal with this @Piperella. Fx for you!!!!!
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Piperella That sounds like an awesome program, although I hate that you're going to have to go down that road. So many people have great success with IVF, though, so I'm betting you'll be one of those! Keep us posted on everything!!
  • Options
    Ty @Infantino22 ! My period has been on and off this weekend so RE put me on bcps to go ahead and start my IVF cycle. I go in on Wednesday to learn my medication schedule and calendar.