August 2015 Moms

Question about using freezer stash.

I'm probably overthinking this but I was wondering if anyone has an answer.  I understand that the breastmilk I am producing today is tailored to meet the current nutritional needs of my daughter and that the breastmilk I have frozen from August was tailored to meet the nutritional needs she had when she was only a few weeks old.  Breastmilk is good for up to a year in my deep freeze but should I really be giving my daughter milk that I pumped so many months ago if it's not tailored to meet her needs?  What's the most ideal use of a freezer stash if hypothetically I have all the milk she needs until she's 6, 8, or 10 months old?  If at 8 months old I start giving her 100% freezer stash that starts in August, would that be ok?  I tried finding info on this on google and Kelly mom but I'm not finding the specific answer I'm looking for.  And my mind is just about blown with tandem nursing - if a mother is nursing a toddler and a newborn, who is that milk tailored for?!?  Like I said I'm probably overthinking this but I was curious if anyone has any info.
Married 9/23/11
BFP #1   9/7/14 MC confirmed 9/17/14
BFP #2  11/20/14   EDD 8/4/15
Baby girl born 7/22/15
BFP #3 5/6/17  EDD 1/19/18
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54d2f7

Re: Question about using freezer stash.

• It's perfectly fine to give a 6 month old milk pumped from the newborn stage as long as properly stored. Fresh is always best, because it will have the correct antibodies and fat content for babies current needs, but that doesn't mean older milk isn't still good and beneficial.

I cycled the milk by freezing what I pumped on Fridays and sending the oldest frozen milk on Mondays. She received fresh milk pumped at work the day before Tues-Friday. 
  • My freezer stash is only being used for if I have to go to an outing where I can't take my lol with me since I'm a SAHM.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first, I used the oldest stuff to mix with oatmeal and puréed fruits and veggies instead of using water. I also left one bottle of frozen milk and 2 fresh bottles each day I left for work to help rotate stock because I had similar concerns.
  • Wow I never even thought of breast milk like that lol I wish to give my freezer stash away or sell it. I just need to get rid of it. I overproduce and the milk just sits there. My freezer is so full milk bags fall out when I open it.
  • vita92 said:

Wow I never even thought of breast milk like that lol I wish to give my freezer stash away or sell it. I just need to get rid of it. I overproduce and the milk just sits there. My freezer is so full milk bags fall out when I open it.

What a good problem to have! I'm trying to make a stash and slowly but surely it is getting there.... I hear if people donating their extra milk to hospitals!
  • @phawkes9 persistence! ;) I would but the process is too much and I'm too busy snuggling at home with my LO. Lol