Missouri Babies

Kansas City Moms To Be?

Hello all, I'm a FTM from Kansas City. I'm due March 5, 2015. I moved to Kansas City last year and I don't know many people in the area, let alone others who are pregnant. I'd love to connect with other people if anyone is interested! 

Re: Kansas City Moms To Be?

• Hello! I'm a FTM in OP due April 10. Welcome to KC!
  • Hey I'm a ftm in bonner springs due April 1 also not many friends in kc. Or at least I'm the first of my friends to be pregnant so no one can relate
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not KU yet but TTC right now, glad to know this board isn't a total ghost town!
  • I'm due 1/7/2016 and my husband and I just moved to KC a month ago. I don't know anyone. So I get it girl ;)
  • I'm a FTM due 6/2016- no close friends that have been pregnant before so I'm right there with you! We've also decided not to tell anyone, including family, until after the first trimester so the change to connect via these groups is incredibly therapeutic!

Anyone going to prenatal exercise classes? Where?
  • @tracyvanunen honestly, I'm lucky to make it through a work day, let alone work out right now! My goal is to start walking but I have absolutely no energy!
  • I've been going to yoga on the plaza.
  • @ginnybarrette is it specific prenatal yoga? I'm struggling to find a place that offers classes that work with my work schedule...
  • I've been going to Power Life Yoga. https://powerlifeyoga.com/

I have been doing hot yoga for several years but they have many different levels and classes that are not heated. As a bonus, they do a week free for new students! Check it out. Let me know if you have other questions or want to catch a class
  • Hi ladies! I'm a STM due April 15th, 2016. I was born and raised here, north of the river. I don't exercise so can't help with the yoga classes, but if you have any other questions or want advice about anything let me know since it looks like you all are FTM. Congrats everyone!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • TTM in Independence and I am due next week! :)
  • FTM and I'm in Parkville! 

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited November 2015
    FTM here in Gladstone!! :)

Edit: EDD is March 2, 2016
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• STM due 6/2016 with DS born Nov. 2014. I try to get out and walk but with three dogs and a baby I don't have much extra time for working out. If anyone has questions let me know and maybe I can help!
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • STM due May 10th. My first was born July 14. Planning on doing prenatal yoga at zen zone in Lee's Summit once I get to third tri, I'd love to see some of you gals there!
  • LeslieE22LeslieE22 member
    edited January 2016
    I know this was posted about six months ago, but if anyone is still looking for a moms group I would definitely look into Brookside Mothers Association. I was new to KC just before my daughter was conceived and it was very hard to make new friends while also being pregnant. It's hard to join coworkers for happy hour and Saturday nights out when you can't drink. BMA has helped me meet other moms and built great relationships not only for me, but also for my daughter. Brooksidemoms.org
  • Thanks for the suggestion! I will be looking into it for sure :smile: