March 2016 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change Check-In (10/26)

2»

Re: Weekly Ticker Change Check-In (10/26)

• emjeveemjeve member
    edited October 2015
    Weeks/Size: 20! Half way! Baby is the size of a banana or small cantaloupe according to What to Expect

Team (pink/blue/surprise): surprise

What's new with baby?: baby has working taste buds and is drinking more amniotic fluid... I'm sure it tastes yummy...

Appointments?: Anatomy Scan is next Tuesday 11/2! Praying for a healthy little one!

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: we cleared out the office furniture from our guest room to begin the nursery transformation!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: MS is almost completely gone! The only thing the still makes me vomit is the smell of coffee.

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy?
    Chocolate: Twix, 3 Musketeers
    Candy: Skittles, Caramel Apple Pops

Edit to send @KMKaiser07 some thoughts and prayers

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Weeks/Size: 22! 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Still team green for now (hopefully we will get to find out 11/11)

What's new with baby?: Baby is the size of a papaya- 12-20 oz and 12 inches long

Appointments?: Had my injection appointment Tuesday, and got to hear the heart beat. The nurse wanted to check it just to make sure everything was ok since my daughter fell on me on Sunday.  My next injection is for next Wednesday.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?:  We are going to Target to start a new registry.  We deleted the old one because we got a flyer in the mail to start a new one and get a $20 gift card.  An hour of my time to make a registry to make $20?  That's more than I make at work lol!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Still getting leg cramps, heartburn, and yesterday my right side was achy.  Idk if it was bh contractions or not?  I don't really know what they feel like.

Questions?:  None I guess...

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy?  I LOVE me some Reese's pb cups!  I also love Twix and Kitkats, Butterfingers, Starbursts...but hands down top notch is peanut butter cups.  And they have to be Reese's...I ain't got time for those nasty cheap Palmer's ones...
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @bntfroggie it may be your heartbeat or even hiccups from baby - those can be very rhythmic and in the beginning of movement, it's pretty subtle. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• @mshukh we check there too, but CSFTL gets a little nutso sometimes haha! I'm in the "dropouts" group too, which is a bit better. Definitely a good idea to compile research from more than one source :)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Weeks/Size: 18/Sweet Potato

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Surprise/Team Green!

What's new with baby?: baby is yawning, hiccuping, and swallowing - would love to feel those hiccups at some point!

Appointments?: 11/5 - one week from today!

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: We bought a dresser that will also work as the changing table! We got a great deal on it from a Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook  group. It's an IKEA dresser that we've been eyeing for awhile. We originally bought an old dresser on craigslist that I was going to paint and recently decided that was too much work, so we're selling it. ha. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Not sure if this falls in this category, but today would be the EDD of my first pregnancy that we lost at 11w. I'm surprisingly doing really well and have a very positive outlook today. I'm taking this as a sign that my angel baby is watching over the baby in my belly and telling us everything will be ok! 

Questions?: I seriously have 100, but get to this question every week and blank. I will say I'm going to check out lucie's list - I didn't know about that one. 

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? Butterfingers, but only the mini ones. The big ones just get to be too rich! Otherwise, twix and reese's peanut butter cups.

• Weeks/Size: 22 week papaya

Team (pink/blue/surprise): pink and we still have no name

What's new with baby?:she loves to hide when DH tries to feel her kick. It's like she knows

Appointments?:next wednesday

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: finally picked a nursery theme. People getting antsy bc we haven't put much on the registry yet

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: SIL. And that's all I have to say about that

Questions?: pass

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? Yes
  • Team (pink/blue/surprise): pink and we still have no name

What's new with baby?:she loves to hide when DH tries to feel her kick. It's like she knows

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? Yes

All mine do that I swear!!! And "yes" was almost my answer too LOL I started to give one of my dang lists :))

And if it makes you feel better, it's highly unlikely we will have a name until baby is a few days old and we are panicked Haha

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • @jilloboe I had surgery on my next to alleviate a deteriorating disc between my c5 and c6 vertebrae. My right arm at the time went numb for 6 months. I mean completely useless, I hand to learn how to write with my left hand. That was in 2013. I woke up last Friday and my right hand was numb. I sat there and cried. It has progressed ti my hand and forearm at this point and is off and on throughout the day. It's the same experience leading up to the loss of feeling and usage of my dominate hand/arm that lead to surgery. I hate to say it but I am so happy that you experienced this and mentioned it here. It gives me hope. It sucks no doubt, and I hope for a speedy resolution for all of us experiencing numbness and pins and needles. I was really under the impression that I was going to have to go through surgery again so soon ( I was told that I'll have to do it in about 10 years) I hope we all get past this symptom soon!
  • @oceanchild my sister from a different mister!
  • Weeks/Size: 21 weeks today! Baby is around 10 inches, AKA the HUGEST pomegranate you've ever seen! (Seriously, where do they get these sizes??)

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Team Blue and loving it.

What's new with baby?: He's moving a LOT. I read that you might see a pattern with his activity, and for me that's true. If anything presses on my belly (tighter pants, seat belt, or if I lay on my belly) he starts moving and pushing against it (or is it that the compression makes me feel him better?). Regardless, relying on this is how I got my husband to feel the baby for the first time (he pressed on my stomach and BAM! A little kick!). But I feel guilty about it, like I'm squishing the baby or he hates it, so I try to avoid it.

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?:
    I keep telling y'all, I'm lazy about shopping! So I don't have crap! But I did buy maternity pants... I maintain that all pants should be like that. They're so much more comfortable.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: I am craving chips like nobody's business. I have a party size bag next to me all the time and I sneak chips a lot. Good God. So delicious.

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? Candy corn! I love the texture of it and the taste of honey. Plus it's festive!

• Weeks/Size:  21 weeks / pomegranate! Baby was 11 oz last week, so I'm guessing closer to a full pound now. I ate a pomegranate last night, it was NOT nearly one pound or 10 inches across. Just saying. 

Team (pink/blue/surprise): Found out it was another boy last week. Very excited. 

What's new with baby? Nothing new. Sometimes I don't feel him at all, other days he seeems to move more. He is actually kicking now for the first time in days. Making me smile. I have anterior placenta, so all the kicks are very subtle. 

Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby? We are coming up with lists of names to name him, but hubby hasn't shared his with me yet. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings:  Nothing really other than my continued love of grapefruit lately. My favorite drink is soda water over ice with a splash of grapefruit juice. SOOOO refreshing. And my favorite snack is...you guess it, grapefruit. 

GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? I would have to say 1000, Crunch, or anything with coconut, although I am partial to Mounds. But really, I love everything chocolate. I'm not much of a fruity candy kinda girl. 
    imageimage

• Weeks/Size: 20 weeks, banana
    Team (pink/blue/surprise): Surprise still, but we will find out on Monday at our anatomy scan if baby cooperates.
    What's new with baby?: He/she likes to move a ton, especially when I'm sitting. I was doing a dental prophy on a dog today (I'm a vet tech) and it was hard for me to focus because of all of the movement.
    Appointments?: Next Monday Nov. 2 is our anatomy scan, so we should be able to see if baby is a boy or a girl. Our last appointment 3 weeks ago doc said baby might be a boy, but he wouldn't commit.
    Are you doing anything new to prepare for baby?: Nope, just waiting to find out the sex so I can know for sure.
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Cravings: Holy leg cramps and crappy sleeping, batman. Also, my boss is pissing me off a lot recently.
    Questions?: Anyone else have their first BH contraction yet? I had a single one a few days ago, and I thought they weren't supposed to start quite yet (yes I know every pregnancy is different, I'm just curious).
    GTKY: For Halloween: What is your favorite candy? Butterfingers, or candy corn.
  • @lzgraggen I have had 1-2 BH contractions everyday. My understanding is that it is not unusual.
  • @lzgraggen I started having them at about 18 weeks. Just tightness across the abdomen. Particularly after a long walk or exercise. No pain. Midwife says it's completely normal.