October 2015 Moms
Options

Curious as to how others feel...

I completely understand the fact that Im on maternity leave and Im the mom. DH works full time and OT as well as goes to the gym 4 days a week and has a DD (my step daughter we have her 50/50). Anyway, any other moms feel a bit lonely? I understand DH works and stuff. But I wish he was home more.

I have visitors regularly and get out of the house as much as I can...I have an injury making it hard to leave and cart baby around.

Anyway, anyone else feel lonely or needy for DH?

Re: Curious as to how others feel...

• Options
    I feel needy and lonely for everyone. We haven't had many visitors and when DH is home I nearly have to beg for his help.

Because I'm breastfeeding I feel very tethered to the house, and I do make an effort to get out and about, but I wish I could see more people when I do.
  • Options
    I feel the same way. DH is a RN and works at least 4 night shifts each week. He also is in the national guard and goes to his first drill weekend since the baby was born next weekend. I'm already dreading being alone from Thursday to Sunday.

He helps with her a lot when he is home and tries to give me breaks and we've had visitors, but I cried before he left the other day because I just miss him when he isn't home. We haven't taken her out in public at all, so I am home pretty much 24/7. Tonight I got upset because I really wanted a coke but couldn't just run out and get one real quick, lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's crazy how much we can miss them (significant others/husbands/partners) but they lead their normal life. Im trying my hardest to understand that this is my job right now (maternity leave) it is a pretty sweet job but so hard at the same time. The partners are the other parent but they don't really have the same responsibility and involvement...it's a lot of change on one person.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would not be cool with my SO "leading his normal life". Yes, he's back to work because there is no option there, but he isn't hitting the gym or doing anything "extra". I still definitely do more with the baby and with our older daughter, but I would be so resentful if I felt like I was tethered to the house while he was out doing whatever he wanted.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    My husband went back to work today....and I had help from our moms (and will for part of the day tomorrow). But he had to work an 11 hour shift the first day back and i am still recovering from my c section, so I needed the help. So I haven't yet experienced being really lonely. But I know it's coming. What is worse is that he is working towards his realtors license (and has tests coming up and a deadline to finish the couse work)....so when he is home, he is busy studying. So it doesn't feel like he is home :(
  • Options
    I would also be pissed if DH went to the gym 4 times a week after work.  I struggled with my husband being gone a lot but he was working which is different.  I have no problem with soccer once a week or getting together with friends but 4x is excessive if you ask me. 
  • Options
    SO goes back to work Monday afternoon and I'm already getting emotional about it. But I agree with the PP's saying they wouldn't be ok with their partner "leading their normal life." We brought this life in together and we're going to do this together. I'm all for my SO going to the gym or something but not four times a week. If he's going out that much I'm sure as hell going to be able to do it too. Maybe you and your DH need to sit down and figure out each other's expectations and needs at this time
  • Options
    I miss my hubby all the time. Even when he's home but one of us is napping or sleeping and the other is taking care of the baby.
    I'm not lonely for company from other people but I'm kinda insanely attached to my husband right now. Like super needy.
  • Options
    meganraschkemeganraschke member
    edited November 2015
    @J1D this is me lately too
  • Options
    Agreed, I don't want anyone else, not even my mom, I just want hubby.
  • Options
    I feel jealous of how dh gets to jump back into normal life. I'm trying to be supportive because I know he needs to take care of himself in order to be available to us, but it still sucks that I'm home most of the day. I think it's just isolating being a new mom in general. I'm trying to get out of the house more this week so hopefully that will help.
  • Options
    I miss DH a lot during the week. He's so good at helping on weekends but I wish I could get a little more during the week. I'm so tired by time 8 pm hits I can hardly stand it but DH tends to fall asleep soon after and LO is up from 9-1 every night. I know I need to feed him but a little help soothing in between would be great. I am really missing just some time with the 3 of us for a full weekend. It's either been a hospital stay or visitors that stick around for hours. I'm really getting wore out and feeling sad every time Monday comes back around.
  • Options
    DH went back to work today and I feel really lonely and guilty. We haven't been getting regular sleep hours so I know he had a hard time sleeping last nigh and had to leave for work super early this morning. LO is 3 weeks now and I feel like he is more needy than the first two weeks. Anyway I had grand illusions of actually getting stuff done around the house and getting dinner ready for my tired DH but instead I was tied up with soothing, feeding, and getting LO to nap. Now I feel really guilty that house is a mess when my poor tired hubby comes home. Feel like my first day alone was a total failure. :(