October 2015 Moms
Options

Post C bowel pains (TMI sorry)

I'm 10 days pp with a c section. When I go to the bathroom (number 2) I get excruciating pains when I relax. I'm on stool softeners so if I wait til the last minute to go it's not so bad but the times in between are horrible. I dont think it's constipation as I've gone at least once a day and pass gas regularly. But these pains when on the toilette hit they are so bad my body jerks and I actually get vocal and almost cry. Far more so than the labor pains even. Anyone else? I'm hoping it's just part of everything going back to normal but I literally dread going to the bathroom.

Re: Post C bowel pains (TMI sorry)

• Options
    I would call the dr. I experienced that with my first couple of BMs. After that just a few sharp pains for a while with both of my c sections, but nothing like what you're describing.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    It took me 9 days to poop after my C and I thought it was going to kill me. I hadn't been taking the softeners regularly though. If you've had a few BMs since your surgery and are still feeling that way I would call. My first couple were pretty bad but once I got back on the softeners everything was much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meganraschkemeganraschke member
    edited November 2015
    I had this, and I didn't have any trouble going to the bathroom but I would literally have to hold onto the door handle and the sink to get me through the pain. I'm almost 1 month pp and it does get better, I'm even off the stool softeners altogether. Prune juice along with the softeners helps because like you said if you wait till the last second and kind of have to go it doesn't hurt.