March 2016 Moms

FFFC 10/30

2»

Re: FFFC 10/30

• My FFFC: I don't like corn dogs.

Also, I kind of like being in the hospital for a couple days after giving birth and letting someone else watch my kids. I'm blessed with a big family who all live close by and adore my kids. I love being able to relax in the hospital, get to know my new baby, have meals delivered to my bedside, and watch what I want on TV. :-) 
    I too live by pretty much my entire family but still only trust my husband with that job :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • skruhmin said:
    My FFFC: I don't like corn dogs.

Also, I kind of like being in the hospital for a couple days after giving birth and letting someone else watch my kids. I'm blessed with a big family who all live close by and adore my kids. I love being able to relax in the hospital, get to know my new baby, have meals delivered to my bedside, and watch what I want on TV. :-) 
    You must not be from Colorado where there are 50 Spanish channels on tv.  ;)
    Haha - I would not think of Colorado as a largely Spanish state. I'm in Michigan. We have a fair amount of migrant workers who come pick the apples, but I guess we're not as nice about catering to their television needs, because we definitely don't have 50 Spanish channels. Haha.
    Over 20% is Hispanic - there are some counties that the majority are hispanic.  So yeah, so many Spanish channels :)  The perks are green chili is in season 24/7.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...
  • @Swillah what in the world did you say? What's zippy's and jo jos? Lol
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I had my first snissing episode yesterday morning. I was in the bedroom with DH while he was getting ready for work. It happened and I was so surprised that right after I sneezed I just blurted out "I just peed my pants!!"
    DH thought it was the funniest thing ever. [-(

FFFC = I made chicken pot pie (of the frozen variety, cooked in the oven) for dinner twice this week because I like the taste and I was too tired (lazy) to cook. Oh well!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Swillah what in the world did you say? What's zippy's and jo jos? Lol

I know what jo-jos are and love them! Where I'm from they're seasoned potato wedges (baked or fried). Yum!
  • The only milk chocolate I like is m&ms (plain or peanut). The only other chocolate I eat is Hershey's dark chocolate. I even use it for baking. Also, it has to be cold. I can't stand room temperature chocolate.
  • I've got a couple...

I completely spaced and forgot I had even started a thread until I was reading through the random thread and someone mentioned it. Whoops.

My mother may have purchased a new vehicle last week because she's been obsessed with needing 4 wheel drive since she found out I'm due first of March. She justifies it with needing to get to our house to watch DS when we have to head to the hospital, and the weather here is stupid (70 one day and a blizzard the next).

I've never spent the night away from DS. If I don't soon, I have a feeling the big hospital trip will be the first... I just haven't felt compelled to be away from him. I dream of beach vacations (we had actually been planning a spring break trip to the Bahamas for 2016 before I got KU).
  • My confession is I stopped at Zips the other day for jo-jos and DS was asking for some and I told him they were too hot and when they cooled down he could have some..he got one. I scarfed them down so fast, I didn't want to share..
    :^o

@kynbar5 Fun Fact: Did you know Bob Ross was in the military and held positions that required him to be mean and tough and vowed that when he got out he would never yell again and that's where his mellow mood and "happiness" came from. Oh and that he needed to find a way to save money and cut spending as a starving artist so he decided to perm his hair to save on hair cuts.

Just a tiny Bob Ross fan...
    I have no idea what Zips or JoJos are, enlighten me?

@annamakesthings: Zips is a local burger joint and jo jos are just big slices of potato deep fried. They have they best seasoning and tarter sauce!

Pregnancy Ticker

March '16 February Siggy challenge- After Pregnancy hopes

• @smushi: We haven't been away from DS overnight and he's 2! I think having DD will be the first time too..

Pregnancy Ticker

• I let the kid I nanny take a longer nap than he's supposed to today. He usually goes down around 2, but he woke up at 4:30 apparently and was crashed in my lap by 11. He just woke up at 3 and it was GLORIOUS. I just needed to quiet time after the dang week I've had.

I've done that... It used to drive me nuts though when parents inform me that they didn't feel like sticking to their nap schedule over the weekend, and to have fun!
  • @Swhilla you must be in eastern WA!! I live in Spokane and Zips is one of my favorite burger places, the tarter sauce is awesome 
  • I just realized yesterday that I will have to leave my 17 month old while I'm in the hospital having this one. I knew it all along but it didn't really hit until yesterday. I ended up snot crying about it. I'm a sahm and the longest amount of time I've left him before is about 3 hours. I think these hormones are going to kill me!

I know I have to have a repeat c section with this baby and i am anxious about spending 4 days away from Ds. We have left him overnight a couple of times, but 4 days away from my little man
  • @jnhuri: Yep! I'm in Spokane! I was actually in Cheney, it has the best Zips around! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Stormiewinter I've done a 8-day stretch and a 5-day stretch away from my little guy when he was 16-months. The 7-day trip was a free NYC/Boston trip with great food and even better hotels, I couldn't pass up the opportunity with my husband. I cried the entire flight there and made out fine the rest of the way there. It helped to know that my son was having a literal blast with my inlaws. Couldn't have been smiling more in the pics they posted.
    The 5-day trip was almost 4 weeks after the week long one, I felt like I just got back but again my son had a blast. You definitely adapt without them and you'll have a wonderful new distraction and visits from your LO.
    I definitely got judged from my travel by people but I grew up with parents who travelled and it didn't bother me. My brother is a decade younger and my parents didn't leave him for years like 15. He called my Mom on her cell if she's not home by 5pm until he was 18 and calls them on weekends away and he's 20 now. It scares the crow out of me to have a child who is so dependent (he can't even make chicken fingers in the oven lol) so my first step was a little time away. Overnight trips every other month and yearly travel works for us.