1st Trimester
Options

Abnormal yolk sac

Hi,
Has anyone been told they have an abnormal yolk sac? If so what was the outcome? My radiology report said it appeared somewhat flattened and hyperechoic. My OB looked at the images and said he sees a slight dip in part of the yolk sac but isn't concerned. Everything I have read doesn't seem very positive. It was not read as being larger or thicker than normal. I am 7 weeks 2 days. Normal measurements of baby, gestational sac, good heart beat, and HCG good also. I do have a SCH of 4mm which is small. I have a history of two m/c's. I am taking progesterone as of 4 weeks due to low progesterone in the past.

Re: Abnormal yolk sac

• Options

Hi,
    Has anyone been told they have an abnormal yolk sac? If so what was the outcome? My radiology report said it appeared somewhat flattened and hyperechoic. My OB looked at the images and said he sees a slight dip in part of the yolk sac but isn't concerned. Everything I have read doesn't seem very positive. It was not read as being larger or thicker than normal. I am 7 weeks 2 days. Normal measurements of baby, gestational sac, good heart beat, and HCG good also. I do have a SCH of 4mm which is small. I have a history of two m/c's. I am taking progesterone as of 4 weeks due to low progesterone in the past.

If your OB isn't concerned, then you shouldn't be either.
  • Options
    So sorry for your previous losses. I can understand your worry. I would agree with pp if your OB isn't concerned then I would take his word for it. Hang in there. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker