May 2016 Moms
Options

Over Being Pregnant Already

2»

Re: Over Being Pregnant Already

• Options
    ktous720 said:

omg!! my Boyfriend and I joke about the conspiracy of pregnancy all the time!! We swear we'll be forced to sign a contract before leaving the hospital that says we cannot tell anyone with out children about how horrific it is being sick in the first trimester.  I have talked to people with kids about my MS and other symptoms and they all say "Oh yeah, I forgot about that"  FORGOT?? Seriously???  We just look at each other and say, " are we going to forget all about this too??"

but regardless.. it sucks.  I throw up all day long, have this horrible stuck gassy feeling and once I can actually eat something substantial  I get diarrhea with in 20 minutes.  Never mind that I haven't done a single household chore in weeks.  How do you ladies pull this off with toddlers at home?? 

Selective memory, perhaps. Because I did not forget. You also do not forget the pain of childbirth like people like to claim. Worth it, yes. Forget, hell no.

Also, second pregnancy is so much harder. I have no idea how I'm managing. I am glad that my DD is 3.5yr not 2. I don't think I could have done this with a toddler. At least at her age, she is potty trained, fairly well can take care of many things herself, understands (mostly) when I need to rest, etc. It's still far, far harder than my first pregnancy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    ktous720 said:

omg!! my Boyfriend and I joke about the conspiracy of pregnancy all the time!! We swear we'll be forced to sign a contract before leaving the hospital that says we cannot tell anyone with out children about how horrific it is being sick in the first trimester.  I have talked to people with kids about my MS and other symptoms and they all say "Oh yeah, I forgot about that"  FORGOT?? Seriously???  We just look at each other and say, " are we going to forget all about this too??"

but regardless.. it sucks.  I throw up all day long, have this horrible stuck gassy feeling and once I can actually eat something substantial  I get diarrhea with in 20 minutes.  Never mind that I haven't done a single household chore in weeks.  How do you ladies pull this off with toddlers at home?? 

Selective memory, perhaps. Because I did not forget. You also do not forget the pain of childbirth like people like to claim. Worth it, yes. Forget, hell no.

Also, second pregnancy is so much harder. I have no idea how I'm managing. I am glad that my DD is 3.5yr not 2. I don't think I could have done this with a toddler. At least at her age, she is potty trained, fairly well can take care of many things herself, understands (mostly) when I need to rest, etc. It's still far, far harder than my first pregnancy.
    I think selective memory is a good way to put it. There are things that, as they come up, I remember in more detail, and other things that I will never forget, but just may not talk about often. With a 1.5yr at home, I've been making a game out of tidying up so that he can help some, and I get to the rest whenever I can. I'm exhausted, but I night weaned in order to encourage some longer sleep stretches from DS right before we conceived...so it has sort of been a trade-off in fatigue. I think if I had felt super energized previously, then felt drained it would be a shock to the system (as it was with my first pregnancy). As our timing went, it's just par for the course for me right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    THANK YOU!

All I've ever wanted is to be pregnant and I'm TERRIBLE at it. When I'm not feeling nauseated, puking (which always seems to happen the rare times I DON'T feel queasy), constipated, gassy, or overheated, I'm one of the lucky women who DON'T get relief from migraines while they are pregnant. Top it off with chronic sinus infections,and I'm a red-faced, sweaty, wheezing, pukey MESS.

This is my 1st pregnancy, but I'm a nanny for a newborn and a toddler. I've had to cut back my hours, and I'm just lucky the family I work for likes me (and that the mom just went through this), or else I'd be out of a job!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just weird...but I actually don't mind all the symptoms in the least bit. I've had severe morning noon and night sickness (nausea and vomiting) along with super bad allergies where my asthma is on a whole nother level of bad, and started getting stretch marks in week 5. The way I see it, we are growing a human, absolutely amazing that our bodies are even capable of such a thing, but with such a huge task, I guess I just assume that I'll be experiencing some huge discomfort along the way in order to get to the end result of a healthy baby which makes it beyond worth it.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    To the poster who said how can you forget. I am going with the severe sleep deprivation a.k.a. - your initiation into parenthood. Makes you forget all sorts of things.
    Then looking back at baby pictures when said baby becomes a toddler, the selective memories certainly kick in and you realize looking at your once so tiny and small baby, now an amazing toddler - it puts it in perspective; how everything was SO beyond worth it all along and without a doubt will be again.