Postpartum Depression

Help

I can't stop crying. My daughter is 18 months now and I'm expecting a second due the week after she turns two.

I am so tired and touched out. My dd wants to be in my space 24/7 and my DH wants sex all the time.

I just want to be alone!

I feel like I'm going to ruin my dd happy personality. I can't stop crying and I keep losing my temper.

I haven't let her nurse in a couple days because I just want my body to be my own!

But it's never going to be my own again. Part of me doesn't want the second baby.... Which makes me feel like a terrible person. I do want the lo I do.

But I also just want to not exist

Re: Help

• Nicole is there a friend or family member you can talk to? Or can someone come help you a couple hours during the day? Have you considered weaning your daughter so you have a period of time without nursing? 18 months is amazing but maybe she can be done?
    What about seeing a therapist?
    You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of your daughter and the baby on the way.
    I love the oxygen mask analogy. You need to put yours on first so you can care for those around you. Please- Ask for help, don't be afraid or ashamed.
  • I have a counselor just haven't been in a couple months. Ill schedule something.

I live an hour away from everything. My parents are 4 hours away and dh's are 1.5 hours away. I feel very alone and isolated.

I also work 3 days a week and have classes two days a week.

Anytime I try to study dd screams or gets into things. I don't think she likes being in the computer room. It makes it so I can't study

I panic and cry and by the time she finally takes a nap I'm emotionally drained and exhausted and nap myself.

I could sleep 24/7

I feel like I'm going to ruin her with my depressed state. She's always so happy. But is that going to change with a mother who can't stop crying and yelling?

I feel guilty for not being overjoyed with being pregnant. I'm scared and dreading having two...
  • Loading the player...
  • You need to talk with someone. Soon. Hang in there OP, you can get over this hump.
  • I think you need to ask your parents or in laws to take a trip and stay with you for a few days. They can at least entertain your toddler.
  • I'm going to go back to my councelor in a couple weeks.

Feeling a little better now...

I think I'm going to get a babysitter or my mom to come watch dd so I can have me time.
  • I'm going to go back to my councelor in a couple weeks.

Feeling a little better now...

I think I'm going to get a babysitter or my mom to come watch dd so I can have me time.
  • Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. Some days will be better than others. But the good days should start outnumbering the bad ones.