Alabama Babies
Options

Huntsville - Crestwood vs. Huntsville Hospital

I've heard positive things about both of these hospitals, but when I look at the prices estimates from my insurance company, it looks like Crestwood's facilities are drastically more expensive than Huntsville Hospital. Can anyone verify this?

Re: Huntsville - Crestwood vs. Huntsville Hospital

• Options
    For example, I used Castlight to compare the cost of the two facilities before insurance. It shows Crestwood facilities charges approximately 17K, whereas Huntsville hospital charges approximately 7K.
  • Options
    I am not sure about the price difference. I had both of my boys at Crestwood. I had different insurance for each , so my co-pay was different. I loved Crestwood because I felt it was more secure. In HH you can walk right onto the floor and visit any room. Crestwood, you have to be buzzed back after providing the name of a patient you are seeing. 

I will be looking into this. My OB does not deliver at Crestwood anymore, so it looks like I will have to choose HH. I don't want to, and I still have time to research.
    JCrew Blog

Big brother was born August 24, 2011.
    Little brother was born October 1, 2012.
    Brother #3 due 5/4/16; born 5/2/16.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crestwood is going to be more expensive because it is a private hospital. That said depending on your insurance it should cover everything and all you would have to pay are the copays/deductibles associated with your plan. 

There are pros/cons to both hospitals. I would take a tour to see which one you prefer.

Pregnancy Ticker