May 2016 Moms

Is anyone else addicted to cereal?

I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it was the same way when I was pregnant with DS. I was addicted to fruity pebbles for awhile with him, now I just can't get enough of Honeycomb. I wonder if it's the sugar I crave or my body is in need of Vitamin D from the milk? Either way I'm hooked!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is anyone else addicted to cereal?

• I went through cereal cravings a few weeks ago. I would wake up wanting nothing more than Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I don't think there's a scientific explanation to it. Just a weird craving. But, you're not alone!
  • I never really eat cereal prior to getting pregnant and I never buy it so it's not at home but I def have craved it a couple times.... just a few days ago I had honey nut cheerios... omg so good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't eaten cereal in years. And about 6 weeks in I started craving Cheerios. YUM. Cheerios with fresh strawberries on top. I ate it for more than just breakfast. Trying to cut that out, though. Cheerios is relatively low in sugar, but I do try to stick to my steel cut oats with blueberries and almonds in the morning. It really sets me off for a good start eating-wise. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I was until a week or so ago. It's seriously all I would eat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just recently started craving for cereal. Something about the cold milk makes it so yummy! I have been on a Cinammon Toast Crunch and Honey Nut Cheerios kick.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • not cereal, but i am obsessed with milk right now. I havent had cow's milk in over 10 years and now i drink a huge cup everyday.
  • cortney626cortney626 member
    edited October 2015
    I don't normally drink milk but during pregnancy, I crave it.When my daughter picks out cereal, I make sure it's a kind we both like. Cereal and milk have been a lifesaver during this pregnancy with being so sick. 
  • Yes! I was hooked on fruity pebbles for awhile too but my current favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Nothing like a bowl of cereal after dinner :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had 2 or 3 weeks of craving a bowl of cereal! The school I work at provides free breakfast (all low income) so for a few days it was leftover rice crispies for me as 2nd breakfast. :)
  • Yes! My cereal cravings are just now starting to calm down. I was mowing through Special K Red Berries and Life.
  • Honey Nut cheerios have been a life saver!  When I can't eat anything else, I can always get some cheerios down.  Not the best thing to live on, but better than coming back up.

• Loooove me some cereal.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not the only one!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like cereal fairly often anyway. Mostly just Cheerios, rice krispies, or raisin bran. But right now, it's Special K Chocolate-y Delight all the way! I tell myself it is healthier than eating a bowl of ice cream so it's okay to have it like 3 times a day. ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Thanks to this thread I HAD to go to the store to get cereal today. I ended up with 3 boxes! I could probably eat the entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch tonight and I don't even normally like it!
  • Me too! I go through a box every two days. Cocoa Krispies are my favorite :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Unrelated but . . . @Immiley I think your ticker sig is broken . . . its saying you are 98 weeks preggo!! :O that sounds painful 
  • I was a few weeks ago with Honey Nut Cheerios. I've since moved on to fried egg sandwiches.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I have never really been a cereal person.  I currently possess 2 boxes of Life cereal (one at home, one at the office), Rice Krispies, Special K, Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

None of which are "fortified", but the heart wants what the heart wants! :)
  • It's pretty much the only thing I want to eat these days. Cereal, chicken nuggets, PB&J, and tacos. This baby is going to be super healthy! 
  • edited October 2015
    I haven't had cereal reguarly for years but ate it all the time before I had a child (and while pregnant with that kid).
    Now I usually fix my little one oatmeal with walnuts or pecans, eggs, fresh fruit, banana nut mini muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc. for breakfast so end up eating whatever I make (not during severe food aversions related to this pregnancy but in general).
    DH has cereal every morning (he wakes up before we do due to his schedule).
  • I have been all about the raisin bran the last couple of weeks...haven't had it at all this week!
  • I have blown through a box of Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles in the past week!! For weeks 6-8 I had the weirdest food aversions--I couldn't eat ANYTHING that was warm or cooked. Cereal and smoothies definitely carried me through that. At least now I feel pretty good about eating salmon and chicken (as long as it's not a big chunk of meat).
  • missnc77missnc77 member
    edited October 2015
    I have a million boxes in the cabinet. My husband and I were watching tv one night, and this commercial came on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naa34Wk8c2M

I told him that's exactly what happens when he leaves the house, and I hit the cereal.
  • Yes! I've gone through like 3 boxes in like two weeks.

I hate milk in my cereal though, I'm an unsweetened almond milk fan.

• For about 30 years. All the sugary ones of course! :x
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• I craved cereal BEFORE I was pregnant. This week, I ate a box of Go Lean crunch is 3 days. Wasn't sure what to get for lunch today, but now thinking I might just pick up another box of cereal. I love the lowfat granola from Trader Joes. OH and Puffins!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• @mrstmoose - I'm in the same boat with you. Every fruit I try is denied, but munchkin is always cool with pizza! I don't even want to think about this baby's eating habits! Also, why did I never discover applejacks before pregnancy? They're delicious!!
  • I've always loved cereal! Been craving really bland types though- Quaker oat squares, kashi go lean crunch, and great grains. There's also a maple pecan cereal that I'm hooked on. I will say though, cereal Is NEVER breakfast for me- always a late night snack. It's kind of my nightcap. Ahh cereal I love thee.
  • I have been craving cereal as well. It seems to be a safe food that doesn't make me sick. I went to the store and bought every type that sounded good. Now whatever kind I'm craving, it's right there in the kitchen. :D
  • This started last week for me. Cereal and almond milk. I've been eating special k vanilla almond and honey bunches of oats with fruit. I'm going to try to get a healthier one this weekend since I've been eating it to replace dinner some nights and save the others for desert.
  • I craved cereal with my first child, and I'm craving it again with #2! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
  • When in doubt get the cereal out! No but really, when nothing sounds good, cereal ALWAYS hits the spot.

• Right here!! But I was addicted to cereal before I was pregnant so I don't think it counts haha.