Multiples
Options

Diapers

Is a 128 pack of newborn diapers for twins overkill? Will we use them all?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Diapers

• Options
    Scary to do the math, but that sounds about right! 20\day x 7 = 140. It's hard to know how much they will weigh at birth but I bet you'll be fine.
    I will probably buy a few packs of various sizes but I don't want to go too crazy in case we get a lot as gifts. One relative even mentioned a diaper shower.
  • Options
    soooo what you're saying is, not only will we use them....we will use them in a WEEK? Haha. Alright I think I need two packs at least then to start.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes, you'll use them. Newborns go through a lot of diapers :)
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    Ya you can expect 10-12 diapers a day per baby. My twins were in newborns for at least a month and a half so we were constantly buying little packages of diapers. Actually my boys wore premiees for a few weeks (and they were both over 6 lbs at birth). I would start with those and if you need more just buy a smaller pack.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My girls were 6 pounds 13 ounces and 7 pounds 6 ounces at birth. They were in nb diapers for close to 2 months. We had gotten a ton at our shower, so we only bought one box. But I bet we went through at least 500 nb diapers.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My dudes were and still are skinny. They went through a jumbo pack of Swaddlers (like 40) every day and a half. We stockpiled diapers through the entire pregnancy, NB to size 5's. I'll bet we had at least 5,000 diapers by the time they were born. It was nice to have one less thing to worry about.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16