Breastfeeding
Options

Baby Registry

Most of my family knows I plan to breastfeed and cloth diaper at this point, so I'm not as worried about backlash about it. What would Breastfeeding Veterans consider the most beneficial registry items to include for nursing?

Re: Baby Registry

• Options
    I'm not a veteran, but registry items related to breastfeeding or in general? :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Milk storage bags, nipple cream, breast pads (for leaking), Boppy or My Breast Friend pillow, and extra storage bottles if they don't come with your pump. ETA: Nursing cover if you're not comfortable NIPing without a cover.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the breast pads. They have resuable cotton ones that are awesome so you don't have to keep buying/tossing them. Really didn't use the boppy much. I've heard the Breast Friend is better but haven't tried it. A good nursing and pumping bra.
  • Options
    There's not really much you need unless you are pumping. Not all mom's leak so I wouldn't ask for too many pads (I have a big unused box) maybe a pack of reusable ones would be for you since you must be environment friendly. I use the big muslin blankets to cover myself in front of people. Personally I think the apron draws more attention. Nipple creams, I love lanolin but there are vegan creams too. A baby sling or carrier is good. I use baby Ktan and love it. I feel like a glider and boppy pillow are must haves. I have fallen asleep in the glider and the boppy keeps baby secure so he never rolled off my lap plus it frees your arms. And if you're going to pump ask for storage bags, bottles, etc.
  • Options

I'm not a veteran, but registry items related to breastfeeding or in general? :)

Related to breastfeeding, thanks!
  • Options
    Thank you, I think this is a good starting place!
  • Options
    klirwin82klirwin82 member
    edited October 2015
    Hands-free pumping bra, lanolin nipple cream, reusable breast pads, Lansinoh Thera-Pearls and would def ask for a pump car adapter if you're going back to work. Get an extra session in on your commute! Oh, and Target nursing camis, still living in them on weekends.

ETA Bebe Au Lait cover, bought one after ladies on here recommended it and it's awesome.
  • Options
    Boppy! Breast pads, nipple cram just in case you need. (Luckily I didn't) if your planning to frequently pump and Electrical one is a must! ( Most ins will cover for one, you can always rent them out as well) some storage bags. I exclusively nursed and when I tried to bottle feed a little over 3mo. I used Tommie Tippie baby had no confusion afterwards. I plan on using that brand again and I'm also going to pump more then I did with my first. I've also heard good things about the Comotomo baby bottles so I plan on trying that out. A cover if you'll feel uncomfortable. There's so many styles now. But what I did with my first was just to use a burping cloth right over my breast and rest it near the baby's mouth. So unless baby moved it wasn't noticeable. And last but not least & that can not be added to a registry is Confidence!!!! I was a FTM and the one who would go in to the restroom to feed my baby or the car. I despise the fact that I did not. I promise myself to not do that ever again!!!
  • Options
    Definitely a pillow. I have the boppy, but I've read good things about the breastfeiend pillow. Storage bags because you will end up using a lot if you pump (which you will if you go back to work) I love the kiinde system but the bags are pricey. I don't mind though because I don't have an oversupply and don't use tons of them. A hands free bra for pumping. Nipple cream. I second the nursing tanks. I love them! I never needed nursing pads but it doesn't hurt to have them around.

On a side note do plenty of research on breastfeeding before and during. For me it was not as easy as I thought it would be. (Who knew something women have been doing for thousands of years could be so hard?!) kellom.com is a great website. Use the lactation consultant. Ask questions-which I found difficult since I didn't know what to ask. If you're having trouble have someone check for tongue tie. Then get a second opinion. The only reason I'm still breastfeeding at 16 weeks is because of that second opinion and getting it clipped.
  • Options
    randa923 said:
    Definitely a pillow. I have the boppy, but I've read good things about the breastfeiend pillow. Storage bags because you will end up using a lot if you pump (which you will if you go back to work) I love the kiinde system but the bags are pricey. I don't mind though because I don't have an oversupply and don't use tons of them. A hands free bra for pumping. Nipple cream. I second the nursing tanks. I love them! I never needed nursing pads but it doesn't hurt to have them around. On a side note do plenty of research on breastfeeding before and during. For me it was not as easy as I thought it would be. (Who knew something women have been doing for thousands of years could be so hard?!) kellom.com is a great website. Use the lactation consultant. Ask questions-which I found difficult since I didn't know what to ask. If you're having trouble have someone check for tongue tie. Then get a second opinion. The only reason I'm still breastfeeding at 16 weeks is because of that second opinion and getting it clipped.
    This is hands down the best advice you can receive!! I had a very similar situation and although now it's resolved, it has permanently caused me to be low supply.