Breastfeeding

Recommendations for bottles for breastfed babies

baby girl is not taking the medela calma bottle... Any recommendations from experience?!

Re: Recommendations for bottles for breastfed babies

• I used Dr Browns, they are also compatible with Medela pump so that's convenient.
  • We also use Dr. Brown's. However, the key for us is to have the kiddo calm enough - our nanny finds that a dark, quiet room works well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've used avent. It makes her latch like she would on the breast but she still sucks it down super quick
  • My daughter wouldn't take the Calma but just took the Avent with no problems whatsoever.
  • Awesome, thanks! We have the avent bottle since it was included in the target registry gift bag. I had totally forgot about it, so I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you!!! If that doesn't work, I'll try Dr. Brown's!
  • Awesome, thanks! We have the avent bottle since it was included in the target registry gift bag. I had totally forgot about it, so I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you!!! If that doesn't work, I'll try Dr. Brown's!

Yea I got a free avent one so have been using that and doctor Browns Bc of reflux I wanted to try. Both working good. She was using the small medela ones at first.
  • My sister works in an infant room for a daycare and she absolutely despises Dr Brown's because they leak. Not saying that will definitely happen, but I didn't register for them for that reason.
  • My sister works in an infant room for a daycare and she absolutely despises Dr Brown's because they leak. Not saying that will definitely happen, but I didn't register for them for that reason.

Yep they do if you don't have the vent in or film above line I noticed

• We use comotomo and absolutely love them. They're easy to clean, and all silicone so it's lightweight and your baby's formula doesn't touch anything that is plastic.

We also have born free and joovy in glass and our baby will drink from those but he prefers the comotomo
  • Tommie Tipppie worked great for us. I was exclusively breastfeeding and maybe 3 mo. In I tried to bottle feed here and there. My dd took it just fine and there were no confusion afterwards. I'm planning on using those bottles again this time around and am willing to try Comotomo Baby I've heard some good things.
    A friend of mine who did not nurse at all also loves and is still currently using Tommie Tippie with her second.
    Good Luck!
  • We used breastflow bottles with my first and plan to use them again with my second
  • I use lasinoh brand that came with my travel pump, my Medela one was too bulky and LO immediately took to the bottle
  • I was using the calma as well but my baby will only take it if she's super hungry. She takes the mam anti colic bottle with the slow flow #1 nipple (she's 10 weeks) without a problem. It has a wider base to the nipple so it's more similar to the breast. Also the are self sterilizing in the microwave!
  • baby girl is not taking the medela calma bottle... Any recommendations from experience?!

My son won't take medela calma either. He also won't take playtex drop ins or Tommie tippee bottles. He won't take any bottles at all yet :( ! I've heard the mimijumi bottles are good. I'll have to try them.
  • My daughter likes the Playtex Nurser Drop In's bottle best.
  • We use dr browns bottles. Not the best for breastfeed babies but my son didn't do well with the wider base.
  • I use the agent natural. I used them with my first too. They're great. And they come in cute colors and designs :)
  • I've only used the "Latch" bottles so far and my son has easily transitioned back and forth from breast to bottle.
  • The Nuk orthodontic bottles have an angled nipple that mimics the moms nipple when the baby has a good latch, as well as a wide base. We tried avent natural and the munchkin latch and she just gagged on them. The Nuk is the only one she likes (price is also good) and she took her entire feed right away through it (3.5oz) with no need to burp and no gas issues!
  • Baby girl is only 2 weeks old but she seems to have no problem with avent natural (glass). We go back in forth daily with no issues.
  • We had the most success with joovy boob bottles. The only bottle around that we didn't try was dr Browns bc it has too many parts for my taste.
  • I use the Kiinde direct pump system, you pump directly into the pouches (it comes with adapters for any pump brand), which you then insert into a bottle. The nipples require baby to latch to get the milk out, and so far my two week old has taken well to it. Only issue we had was that we had to start with the medium flow nipple because I have a fast letdown and she was getting mad she couldn't eat as fast as on the breast. No issues going back and forth between bottle and breast. The nipples are one piece, so you only have to wash the silicone nipple, which pops directly into the mouth of the milk pouches, no rings or seals.