2nd Trimester

Fears of giving birth early

I have this constant fear I'm going to give birth prematurely. I went for a 4D ultrasound yesterday at 25+3. She was beautiful. She was head down like she was in all my other scans. I can feel her moving around near my pubic bone. Should I be worried she's head down and really low. This is my first pregnancy and don't know what to expect. Is this a normal fear?

Re: Fears of giving birth early

• You will have tons of fears in your first pregnancy, that is normal. Hell, you'll have fears in all of your pregnancies but there is no way to tell your baby's position or potential delivery time frame based off what you feel her doing. Your OB should be giving you information at your check up's and if you have concerns about her being low then I'd voice those at your appointments. I wouldn't worry about this though.

• Loading the player...
  • I had a constant fear of have a premie with my first because I had lots of contractions that needed to be monitored on occasion...went 11 days overdue.  Baby can be head down and low one day and in a completely different position the next, or low until you're 42 weeks along.  It doesn't mean anything about when you're going into labor!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I feel like im going to break my waters by having sex or lifting something heavy.
  • I know it's crazy, but I'm always afraid that I'm going to cause labor by trying too hard to poop. (Don't flame me, I know it's nuts.)
    Well, it is a similar feeling...

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My fear is not making it to the hospital. We live about 25 min from the hospital, but I'm scared of the weather. Two years ago "snow apocalypse" happened on Feb 28th and my due date is the 25th.
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • My fear is going into labor before my RCS. I didn't go into labor at all
    with my first, but you never know this time.
  • redfallon said:
    Well, it is a similar feeling...
    That's what makes it crazier....I have another child. I didn't have any of these fears with him.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • kirkie928 said:
    My fear is not making it to the hospital. We live about 25 min from the hospital, but I'm scared of the weather. Two years ago "snow apocalypse" happened on Feb 28th and my due date is the 25th.
    I am due Feb 23rd and I am nervous about snow and ice conditions as well.  There are some resources available about having an emergency delivery at home which I pinned on pinterest *just in case.* Because you just never know!

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• ecmb said:
    kirkie928 said:
    My fear is not making it to the hospital. We live about 25 min from the hospital, but I'm scared of the weather. Two years ago "snow apocalypse" happened on Feb 28th and my due date is the 25th.
    I am due Feb 23rd and I am nervous about snow and ice conditions as well.  There are some resources available about having an emergency delivery at home which I pinned on pinterest *just in case.* Because you just never know!
    I live in the NYC suburbs and am delivering in the city. I am terrified of going into labor during rush hour.
  • kirkie928 said:

I have always been afraid of this too and it almost came true. My second came so quick we barely made it and I delivered her 30 minutes after arriving at the hospital.