April 2016 Moms
Options

Baby's heartbeat

tachalmerstachalmers member
edited October 2015 in April 2016 Moms
hi all!! I am 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I went for my first scan 4 weeks ago and have my next scan in another 4 weeks! I'm so excited to find out what we're expecting! I heard the baby's heart beat for the first time today and it was 130 bpm, any guesses to what I'm having???? I have a 4 year old daughter and I'm sure her heart rate was around 146! Xxx

Re: Baby's heartbeat

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What NachosAndPeaches said

• Options
    Should we change this up: start betting whether or not we'll see OP again or call a drive-by?  (PS I'd bet a drive-by.)
  • Options
    Speaking of drive-by's I don't want to cook tonight but I also don't want to wear pants. I don't like fast food in general and it has absolutely disgusted me since I got pregnant. Any recommendations on a place that's drive-through or pick-up but not greasy burgers or icky Sysco chicken?
  • Options
    Tropical smoothie!
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options

Tropical smoothie!

We just had one open on Monday! I can't wait to try it!
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    To answer the question, does your local Subway do drive through? Or I really like MickeyD's chicken wraps. Lighter than your typical greasy fast food.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    What is tropical smoothie? It sounds delicious!
  • Options
    Tropical smoothie!
    OMg I've been SO OBSESSED with green smoothies lately!!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Tell me more about these green smoothies ... I juice a lot but have honestly never made a smoothie in my life. I have bought Jamba Juice but they took my favorite smoothie off the menu [-(
  • Options
    mrstrax said:

To answer the question, does your local Subway do drive through? Or I really like MickeyD's chicken wraps. Lighter than your typical greasy fast food.

My god do some subways have a drive through?
  • Options
    Speaking of drive-by's I don't want to cook tonight but I also don't want to wear pants. I don't like fast food in general and it has absolutely disgusted me since I got pregnant. Any recommendations on a place that's drive-through or pick-up but not greasy burgers or icky Sysco chicken?
    I've been doing a lot of Boston Market. The chicken is full of salt I'm sure, but at least you can get some real veggies with it.
  • Options
    All the chain smoothie places add some sort of sugar to their smoothies so I always ask for Splenda instead. Just FYI!

I make my own green smoothies with my vitamix at home. I keep frozen sliced and peeled bananas and frozen sliced ginger, and just add spinach or kale, almond milk, and any other fruit I feel like (fresh or frozen). No need to add ice because of the frozen bananas. Funny story, my mom was at my house a couple years ago and confused the bananas and ginger and used a banana amount of ginger. Hahahha. We had to throw it out. You can also add parsley or mint, and a squeeze of lemon juice to the smoothies. And even things like cayenne pepper!

Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    Green smoothies are the best!

• Options
    *BRB gotta go get some bananas*
  • Options
    Okay here in southern Indiana we don't have any delicious smoothie chains or Boston Markets that you speak of! I worked in a smoothie shop in college though and had my fair share of them fo'free. As for Boston Market - they have played those stupid commercials on our TV networks since I was a kid and there has never been one anywhere within reasonable driving distance. I've actually travelled quite a bit via road trips and I've never seen one.. DO THEY REALLY EXIST?!
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:
    Tell me more about these green smoothies ... I juice a lot but have honestly never made a smoothie in my life. I have bought Jamba Juice but they took my favorite smoothie off the menu [-(
    I've been getting them at Smoothie places lately, but I make them at home too. The flavor of the fruit covers up the flavor of the greens... you can use spinach, kale, whatever... and then whatever frozen fruit you want and some sort of liquid (juice, water, almond milk, etc.)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    All the chain smoothie places add some sort of sugar to their smoothies so I always ask for Splenda instead. Just FYI! I make my own green smoothies with my vitamix at home. I keep frozen sliced and peeled bananas and frozen sliced ginger, and just add spinach or kale, almond milk, and any other fruit I feel like (fresh or frozen). No need to add ice because of the frozen bananas. Funny story, my mom was at my house a couple years ago and confused the bananas and ginger and used a banana amount of ginger. Hahahha. We had to throw it out. You can also add parsley or mint, and a squeeze of lemon juice to the smoothies. And even things like cayenne pepper!
    Often true, but depends on where you go and the smoothie :-) So it's worth checking/asking if they don't list all the ingredients of each smoothie. I don't think they really need added sweetener if they arleady have fruit and maybe even fruit juice!
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Nice healthy heartbeat @tachalmers :) Congrats!
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:

Oh what i wouldnt give to have a jamba juice in my town! I think the closest one is several hours drive away :((
  • Options

jonesl12 said:

Oh what i wouldnt give to have a jamba juice in my town! I think the closest one is several hours drive away :((
    Closest one to me is probably about 30 min.
    All we have in my town is a few fast food places unfortunately :(
  • Options
    jonesl12 said:

mrstrax said:

My god do some subways have a drive through?
    I've only seen a couple, and I'd usually rather go in (I like spinach but sometimes it's sat too long) but yes!
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    I would guess boy based on my son's and this baby's HR. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

jonesl12 said:

I've had Jamba Juice almost every day since the start of my pregnancy :P there is one next door to my work. It's safe to say I'm addicted!
  • Options

I had morning sickness and had a boy. Therefore my guess is that if you have morning sickness you are having a boy.

• Options
    Omg your guess was right on. The doctor said its a boy!!!

I had morning sickness and had a boy. Therefore my guess is that if you have morning sickness you are having a boy.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Threads like this are why I don't like posting anything on here :)

You are all so willing to jump down someone's throat because they make a comment about guessing their baby's gender, but you're perfectly willing to derail a thread and make jokes about whether or not the OP will come back after you harass her.  Nice double standards.
    BFP: 8/6/2015  --  Due Date: 4/18/2016

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jlpcarr said:

You are all so willing to jump down someone's throat because they make a comment about guessing their baby's gender, but you're perfectly willing to derail a thread and make jokes about whether or not the OP will come back after you harass her.  Nice double standards.
    I'm failing to see how this is a double standard. Do you know what that is?

Also...I noticed that OP didn't come back. Probably because she was a drive-by like so many of these other threads have been. I've seen many a thread when someone was simply a new poster, apologized, and went on to become a regular member of the board without feeling harassed. If someone wants to feel like a victim, she will, whether we play along with silly guessing games or change the topic to something more interesting, like Jamba Juice.
  • Options

jlpcarr said:

1. I don't see the correlation between gender posts and changing the subject of a thread. P.S. Subject changes happen often in conversation, but I digress.
    2. I'm always confused by the people that come out of nowhere to say "you guys are super mean. I hate looking at this forum." Then don't. If you don't like peanut butter, then don't eat it.

Mmmmmmm peanut butter

• Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"