May 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 10/22

13»

Re: UO Thursday 10/22

• Options
    mrsjlopez12mrsjlopez12 member
    edited October 2015
    @dshannah I'm sorry you feel my belief is lacking in empathy and depth. As I said before this UO had nothing to do with diseases or birth defects. You are upset and frustrated and something you can't change. You don't know me or who or what I feel empathy towards. Obviously this UO is gone on way past what I thought it would. If you think my UO is ignorant and my faith then that is your opinion. Just like I have mine. I don't feel like arguing my point anymore or writing a book as to why I think I'm right. YOur Christian friend believes her cystic fibrosis was from God. I don't. It's not ignorant it's my belief. Her parents had the genetics to cause this. If that's harsh then I guess I am being harsh.

My religion and faith is not ignorant and maybe my words have not served it well or what I represent well. We don't stick our heads in the sand and wait to be saved. I'm not sure what religion you are but I never anywhere said you should stop caring for people because they are transgendered or have any other abnormalities or disabilities or diseases. You are putting words that I didn't say. All I have done is defend my belief. If you don't like it then you don't have to. I have only responded to the people who first said something to me.

My UO wasn't to offend anyone. I might should have said it a different way. It was specifically about transgender and their offense to me saying sex or gender in the beginning. I find it offensive they say God is at fault. Then lead on too multiple sex organs ect and now cystic fibrosis. I think it's way out of hand and not what I intended. So if you all want to put cute little GIF's and one up each other and post other things about me then go ahead. You are all strangers and it doesn't affect me or my beliefs.
    @lalala2004 it's cute.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@dshannah I'm sorry you feel my belief is lacking in empathy and depth. . . . I'm not sure what religion you are but I never anywhere said you should stop caring for people because they are transgendered or have any other abnormalities or disabilities or diseases.

It's not a feeling, it is an evidence-based assessment based on what you yourself have indicated.

And you clearly show no concern for God's creatures who suffer.

This is not opinion, it is how you are representing yourself.
  • Options
    When I say "you" or "your"  it is in generic form and is not directed at any specific persons or person. As in, I'm not calling out specific names, but as they say:  if the shoe fits, wear it.
    Here's an UO (even though it's not Thursday), why can't we all just politely agree to disagree and stop trying to change people's views and opinions of what they do or don't believe in and stop getting so darn butthurt  (for lack of a better word b/c words are hard today) when someone does not believe the same as you (and that goes for BOTH sides of the argument!)?  I just totally  butchered some grammar there. 
    Personally, I don't care if someone says gender or sex.  Live and let live! They believe what they believe. Why can't we just let people believe what they want to believe and respect their decision to disagree with your beliefs?  Arguing and/or debating back and forth isn't going to force someone to agree with you.  If anything, it will make them want to disagree with you more. 
    I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but today I really don't care.  I'm in a very stabby hormonal mood today with a sinus migraine and don't give a rat's patooty.
    Apologies for the severely butchered grammar in this post.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    dshannahdshannah member
    edited October 2015

Personally, I don't care if someone says gender or sex. Live and let live! They believe what they believe. Why can't we just let people believe what they want to believe and respect their decision to disagree with your beliefs?  Arguing and/or debating back and forth isn't going to force someone to agree with you.  If anything, it will make them want to disagree with you more.

Not flaming, I just want to point out why folks might get "butthurt" over the sex vs gender question.

1. Saying you believe that gender is biologically determined is about as offensive and stereotype-affirming/oppression-replicating as making a comment like "Mexicans are lazy, black people are all criminals, and women all belong in the kitchen." If any of those things were said on this or any other board we'd expect people to object, and no one would defend that view.

2. Saying that trans people are poor judges of their own experience replicates the injustices we do to those whose stories aren't given credence (rape victims, minorities).

3. Equating sex and gender is a mistake that actually injures people (most of us) on a day to day basis: this is why women have a second shift when they get home, why we get paid less than men, why men are told they cannot cry.

Beliefs are fine and dandy so long as they do not hurt other people. This belief, and especially the way that poster was expressing it (with lots of alienating and othering language) was hurtful.

Furthermore, even if it does no good and I cannot change her mind, i would not feel comfortable letting her comments stand unopposed. hiving someone who happened upon this board the impression that that persons view was normative. We all know genderqueer folks, some of us are genderqueer, and some of us may even be trans. Registering dissent is importabt, even if you don't change any minds right now.