August 2015 Moms

How many EBF moms have...

Gotten their periods back?

I'm 99% sure now I am on my second cycle! Last month, I worked out and started bleeding and assumed (even though the doctor cleared me) I was bleeding from doing too much. However, I decided to chart it, just in case. Exactly 28 days later, I'm bleeding again! I EBF on demand, no supplementing. I had the same thing happen with my first daughter but assumed it was the mirena (as I bled constantly, spotting or light, for 8 months, but it would pick up more when it was "that time"). I'm using no birth control right now (except condoms.. Just to clarify I'm not a total idiot here and going for Irish twins or something), so I know it's not that.

Who else has had their period show back up while EBF?

Re: How many EBF moms have...

• Yup. I got my period about 2 weeks ago. I got the birth control implant September 24th, I don't know if this had an effect, forgot to ask. I thought with BFing I would have had a longer break than 2.5 months, boo.
    Married 9/23/11
    BFP #1   9/7/14 MC confirmed 9/17/14
    BFP #2  11/20/14   EDD 8/4/15
    Baby girl born 7/22/15
    BFP #3 5/6/17  EDD 1/19/18
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54d2f7

• Mine started yesterday. I, however, am the idiot with Irish twins (or close enough) so I got the arm implant a few weeks ago.

• Loading the player...
  • Not yet. I'm almost 8 weeks pp. I started the pill at 5 weeks pp.
  • I am 2 months and five days postpartum and I was almost sure that I felt mittleschmerz today. No AF yet and I haven't been charting though I have used NFP/FAM for 12 years now.

Last time with DD1 I didn't use pacifiers and she was no good at self soothing. AF returned at 15 months pp. This time I have a great self soother and intro'd a paci at two weeks old so maybe AF will return sooner than later?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am almost 11 weeks pp. I'm exclusively pumping. This morning I thought I saw EWCM so I expect AF back soon. Sigh. With my DD, who was a nursing fiend, AF didn't come back until a full month after I stopped entirely. But this LO will not nurse, so I think that's impacting it.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started the mini pill at 3 weeks PP and AF came at 6 weeks.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Yes, I'm pretty sure I got mine at 7 weeks. My PP bleeding stopped for about 2-3 weeks and then I had about 4 days of semi-regular bleeding again. So if I get my period around the 11 month mark (next week) then I'll know for sure... At least maybe I can keep track of my ovulation this way..:/
  • I'm at 11 weeks PP and I started the pill at 5 weeks and I haven't gotten my period yet. I am totally fine with that!
  • Got mine at pp7weeks.. 8w and still slightly bleeding
  • megdettlmegdettl member
    edited October 2015
    Started mini pill 2 weeks ago 7 weeks pp, started period 1 week ago. Too bad!
  • I haven't started my period yet. I am a little nervous for it since it always was painful to the point of making me bedridden the first day. I am hoping it will be milder after having my DD. we'll have to see.
  • Yes, I'm pretty sure I got mine at 7 weeks. My PP bleeding stopped for about 2-3 weeks and then I had about 4 days of semi-regular bleeding again. So if I get my period around the 11 month mark (next week) then I'll know for sure... At least maybe I can keep track of my ovulation this way..:/

I started temping this month to see if I am ovulating or not. I'm pretty sure I am, I had my typical signs last month now that I think of it but I was moving at the time. I've always ovulated on CD 14... I start AF on CD 28. So textbook lol heck, I even had noticeable ovulation signs on the pill too.. Freak of nature here. =))
    We will see if I ovulate or not in 10 days
  • melanier26melanier26 member
    edited October 2015
    I'm 14 weeks PP and no sign of it. We use NFP and I just started charting again...I have only had 1 or 2 days with some mucous so I'm guessing it will be awhile before I have one again
  • vita92 said:
    I haven't started my period yet. I am a little nervous for it since it always was painful to the point of making me bedridden the first day. I am hoping it will be milder after having my DD. we'll have to see.
    Mine were awful before having kids too, but after having kids the pain has been so mild. Hopefully this is the case for you too.
  • My periods also got better after having kids. Lighter and maybe even a tad shorter.
  • Mine came like two weeks ago at the tail end of my PP bleeding.  It was very confusing at first, but I am sure it was my period.  Last time, I got it exactly one month after I stopped breastfeeding, so I assumed I had some time before I had to deal with it again.  I guess it just shows how true it is that each pregnancy/baby/kid experience is different.

• I wish I could have gotten more of a break from mine besides pregnancy.. But I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • 10 weeks PP and nothing yet. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get it anytime soon
  • 10pp and no period. I have been moody and got the "period pimple " last week . But no bleeding yet
  • Started having regular periods 10 weeks pp with my first.
    DS2 was ten weeks last Thursday and I started spotting this morning. Totally unfair. All my friends that EBF didn't have their periods for a year!
  • Got mine at 7 weeks and was pissed
  • mgarrett921mgarrett921 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm 10 weeks PP and no period yet. I have birth control pills but haven't started them since my doctor said to start taking them the Sunday after I start. I didn't know you could take them now, without a period! Can I really do that?
  • I'm 17 weeks pp and no period yet. Exclusively Breast feeding and only using condoms
  • izv said:

I'm 17 weeks pp and no period yet. Exclusively Breast feeding and only using condoms

Ditto ... 13 weeks pp and only using condoms, exclusively breastfeeding. No period in sight yet :)
  • I started and stopped BCPs at the end of September and that weekend, at 8 weeks PP, I got my period. However I haven't had one since then and I am now 16 weeks PP. I am EBFing.