Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-in Oct 25

How was your week?

QOTW: What's been your most memorable Halloween costume? (You own or a LO's).
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in Oct 25

• Options
    Good week - trying to get outside as much as possible, the weather has been great!
    LO will be 5 months this week, and I'm still bracing myself for a sleep regression. He had a few bad weeks at 3 months, but hasn't gone back to that, although he still consistently wakes twice a night. He has definitely been a little clingy this month, but nothing much worse than that. If there's going to be, I wish he would get through it soon... November is going to be crazy with visitors and travel.

QOTW: the costume I remember most was Somewhere around the 3rd grade, I was really excited to be a monkey. Buy I had to wear so many layers ( and my cool tail was hard to see behind me) that everyone thought I was a teddy bear. I was so crushed.
    So I wasn't planning to dress up LO this year, but seeing so many cute baby costumes has me 2nd guessing. :(
    We're not going anywhere, was just going to put him in a pumpkin print sleeper (I got 2nd hand), for handing out candy.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi. We're hanging in there. Little baby is starting to get a schedule. Also thankfully is getting used to the current formula. They had us try a different one that WIC carries and she cried an hour straight. Forget it. I'll pay for formula. I was spoiled and had Medicaid pay for formula for a couple past kids.

Just amended taxes-took awhile to get SSN for former foster kids. Hope to get our nice chunk of change soon. We can use it on our adoption party! I think we're just going to do a buffet at a local place that has a banquet room. A friend is good with games so I'll have her help organize that.

I thought you'd like to look at this table of the wonder weeks to help see how it might impact November sleep. https://www.babysleepsite.com/baby-sleep-patterns/wonder-weeks-chart-baby-toddler-sleep/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well, I'm getting a run for my money in the baby names forum. Haha! People over there can be mean. It's the internet so I've learned to ignore.

Feel free to post your input over there if you wish. :)
  • Options
    @mindaa ... the weather has been awesome, hasn't it?  Love, love, love!

@Baby'smom ... it's so easy for people to be mean on the internet.  Hate, hate, hate it.

Our week was good.  Nothing special.  Fiance' was home as his business trip was cancelled.  That was nice.  Met with some friends for dinner.  Brought Chloe.  She kinda had a hard time, which isn't like her.  I think she is getting close to teething, so, yeah, that will be fun, lol.  Finally got child care lined up as we are STILL on the waiting list at our church (and have been since May).  A teacher friend who is no longer working in order to stay home with her two girls, 3 and 1 years, will watch Chloe til a spot opens at the church.  Not my ideal situation as it will require more work on my part and Chloe will be away from me and her dad longer, but it is what it is.  

My favorite costume was when I was in 6th grade.  I made it myself (mom helped) and I was a robot.  We made it out of cardboard boxes that were spray painted silve.  I actually won a prize at school that year.  The boy I liked at the time was the missing link (remember, the toy like the rubix cube?).  He thought he won, but didn't.  He was so pissed off, lol.  It really is a fond memory for me.  I matured early so 6th grade was not my best year, but, damn, that Halloween rocked. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker