TTC after 35
Options

Fab 40's check-in for 10/25/2015

Hi Ladies!!  This check-in is for our 40+ ladies.  Tell us what you're doing this cycle!!  (And I'm so sorry I can't seem to remember to post this every week!!)

QOTW:  Anyone have a good soup recipe to share?  It's the perfect weather for soup!  At least in Minnesota it is!  :)  

Have a great week!

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: Fab 40's check-in for 10/25/2015

• Options
    I posted my drama in the weekly check-in but suffice to say, I'm out this month, starting BCP next month for IVF #1 (and only).  I'm still trying to lose that last 9 pounds.  UGH!  It's KILLING me.  But, my hubby and I started working out and we're pretty motivated right now, so that's good.  

I love making my own veggie broth by simmering veggies and water for hours.  Then, I throw a bunch of raw veggies in the crock pot with my broth and cook for 8 hours.  Add a little bit of wild rice and ground turkey.  It's my go to lunch for work these days.  Luckily I'm not too sick of it yet...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Doing okay here. Confused by the fact that my OPK went from empty circle yesterday morning to solid smiley today, but glad we BD last night. I really want/need this month to be our month. DH and I are both so ready. He couldn't stop talking about a 3 mo old we sat next to in church yesterday and I starts crying. Not because of anything he said, just because we both want it so badly. Anyway. If the OPK was right this morning, I guess I'm in the TWW now. I won't test unless I really miss AF by at least three days.

Sadly, no great soup recipes, but I made an easy cheater beef stew last night using the sauce from a Campbell's crock pot pouch. It was supposed to be for pot roast, but I browned stew meat in a Dutch oven, added some onions and cooked those a bit, poured the sauce and a tad bit of water over, then tossed in some potatoes and carrots and cooked in a low oven for 4 hours. Yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been very active on the board the past 2 months after hitting a milestone (41) and knowing that we've got to take the next step, IVF. It's exciting and overwhelming and I've had some doubts (like should we get a cat instead?). We met with our new RE and we like the team. It feels like buying a car, though, where they are up-selling you at every turn. In this situation if they tell us the more expensive option is statistically the better option, we'll go with it. So we're estimating anywhere from $17-20K for cycle 1 (including all testing and FET). My last RE and OB said bloodwork looked fine, but new RE said progesterone is low and estrogen high on last year's labs. I picked up a prescription for BCP and will be ready for CD 3 labs next month. In the meantime, DH and I are going to BD like it's worth 20K. I'm using preconception tea, nettles, and maca CD 1-14, prenatal vitamins, CoQ10, serrapeptase, NAC, and seed cycling all month. I don't cook much, but I love soups and stews when someone else makes them and both of the above recipes sound good!