August 2015 Moms

Napping in the day advice?!

Our 6 week old sleeps really well on a night. We feed him and put him down at 10 then he sleeps until around 4. Feed and change then he will sleep until 6/7ish. He settles himself well in the night, we can put him in his crib awake and he will settle himself. But in the day I can't put him down! He will fall asleep on me but screams as soon as I put him in the crib or his bouncer. Anyone got any suggestions?

Re: Napping in the day advice?!

• Are you talking about my son, he is exactly the same. At night he's doing ok but during the day he falls asleep on me and as soon as a put him in his crib he screams. I think they come programed that way. Lol
  • They must do! Don't get me wrong I would rather it that way than not sleeping in the night but still I just wish I could get him to have a couple of hours in the day x
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my son! Night time is pretty good but during the day not so much. He will sleep on me or in the Tula carrier. I'm worried im creating bad habits! He's 7 weeks
  • Yup. Same with me. Ughhhh
  • Glad I'm not alone in this!!! >:D<
  • Me too, almost 8 week little girl. Sometime she falls asleep nursing on the boppy and if I pick her up to go in the pack n play or swing she'll wake. Not gonna lie, sometimes I scootch out of the boppy on the couch with her still on it, and let her continue to sleep. Only if I'm right there in the living/kitchen to monitor (ie-please no yelling at me that you're not supposed to do that, I know! But sometimes it's the ONLY way she'll nap).
  • This is my son! Night time is pretty good but during the day not so much. He will sleep on me or in the Tula carrier. I'm worried im creating bad habits! He's 7 weeks
    They can't pick up bad habits at 7 weeks.  Babies are still in the fourth trimester then and don't know how to manipulate you to get what they want.  Worry about those things later, right now this world is still a super scary and big place for LO.  
  • Mine doesn't nap well in the crib, but I can get him to nap in his swing so that's what I do. You can't create bad habits in the fourth trimester. you do what you need to do to survive during the first 12 weeks
  • this is exactly what i logged on about today, at 8 weeks, this is just what my son is doing, minus being able to put him down awake at night...sigh
  • I am right there with you mama!  My lil girl sleeps on the boppy on the couch all the time.  And she sleeps with us in bed too!  Don't ever apologize for your choices.  You know what is best:) 
  • Me too, almost 8 week little girl. Sometime she falls asleep nursing on the boppy and if I pick her up to go in the pack n play or swing she'll wake. Not gonna lie, sometimes I scootch out of the boppy on the couch with her still on it, and let her continue to sleep. Only if I'm right there in the living/kitchen to monitor (ie-please no yelling at me that you're not supposed to do that, I know! But sometimes it's the ONLY way she'll nap).

I'm totally not going to lecture you because I have done the same thing...up until 2 weeks ago when I heard the most horrible cry. I came running into the living room and there was my sweet baby on the floor!!! She fell off the couch onto the hard wood floor! I had just gone into the kitchen for a minute! Seriously just be careful and know that it can happen. I felt so terrible and cried!! She is totally fine though thank God! I definitely do not leave her on her boppy on the couch anymore!
  • Swing helps me a lot during the day! I get three naps each day in it