High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Placenta Previa after uterine rupture, Placenta Accreta?

Hi, My name is Jody, Was wondering if anyone could provide some info on placenta previa and the chances of it becoming placenta accreta.

I delivered my last son (10 years ago) via c- section after a failed VBAC. During the labor attempt my uterus and bladder ruptured, It was a scary thing but my son and I both made it through.

At that time I was advised against having future children, I was sad but made my peace with it. Fast forward 10 years and I find myself pregnant unexpectedly. My husband and I are so excited, and terrified about this pregnancy.

The main concern up to this point was to have a solid plan for c-section at 36 weeks to avoid another uterine rupture. The baby had implanted high up in the uterus, so they were sure that the placenta would follow suit... unfortunately it did not.

I am currently 18 weeks and had an ultrasound yesterday showing that I have Partial Placenta Previa, the placenta is lying right over my old C-section scars. This is what they warned me about after my last pregnancy. I have a significant amount of scar tissue as well as a uterine dihiscence in the lower segment of my uterus.

I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if the placenta has moved up, which we are praying for.

Anyone have any words of wisdom or similar situations.

When is placenta accreta normally visible? Would they have seen this at my 18 week ultasound if it was going to happen?

Re: Placenta Previa after uterine rupture, Placenta Accreta?

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't have any personal experience with this, but I have several friends who had complete or partial placenta previa and their placentas ended up moving within a matter of weeks.
    Fingers crossed for your follow up appointments - will be thinking of you!
  • Options
    I have Vasa Previa, it's a little different because it's the cord that is covering my cervix not the placenta, it has been a roller coaster so far that's for sure, feel
    free to message me if you have any questions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a complete previa with an anterior placenta right over my CS scar. The dr told me for each prior CS there is a 10% chance of accreta if your placenta is over the scar, so 1 prior CS 10% chance, 2 prior CS 20% chance....
    The dr checked at 24, 28 and 32 weeks to see if my placenta moved and for accreta. Accreta can develop later in pregnancy.
    Fingers crossed for you that your placenta moves up and you avoid accreta.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker