Central Florida Babies

Feeling lost/helpless Melbourne, Fl

I am looking for help in finding someone to deliver my baby. I actually live in Vero Beach but I want to deliver at Holmes because I have a better chance of having a VBAC. I had a csection with my son 3 1/2 years ago after being in labor for 38 hours. I also had pregnancy induced hypertension from 20 weeks on which was controlled well with bed rest. After giving birth to my son, I developed preeclampsia. For all of these reasons, I cannot find a midwife to take me. I really wanted to go with Hibiscus woman care midwives but they said u was too high risk.

I just got the call from them and I am literally sitting here in tears because I'm terrified that my birth will be like my last one. Im not surprised I had a csection. I was given pitocin and an epidural the second I walked in. I couldn't move around or walk or anything. I was so traumatized by the whole experience that I actually considered not having any other kids. I couldn't bond with my son until he was 6 months old. I had terrible post-partum depression and spent most of my time in the first 3 months thinking about suicide. It was that bad! I blame a lot of it on that terrible experience I had and I'm determined not to let that happen again.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help they can offer, please? I

Re: Feeling lost/helpless Melbourne, Fl

• Stay away from Dr. Thomas. She's been terrible this whole time with me and is now pushing a c-section for me. I just mention it because her site talks about her support of VBAC. I've heard great things about the MIMA(?) group - specifically Drs. Tobia and Benezra.
  • I am currently see the Health First Medical Group team of OB/GYNs that consists of Drs, Tobia, Benezra and Kelly for my second pregnancy. They are WONDERFUL! (I hope my response is not too late for your decision.) Dr. Kelly delivered my son and Dr. Tobia performed his circumcision. You rotate around the three doctor's throughout the pregnancy so that when it comes time to deliver you are well acquainted with whichever doctor is on call (which they only deliver at Holmes). I don't have experience with c-sections or VBACs but I know that the office does VBACs so you won't be alone if you choose to go there. Good luck mama!

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered with Dr.Wolk, and he is THE BEST! I too am from vero and made the trill Melbourne because how great of a doctor he is. His staff is wonderful and so is he. Highly recommend and am so sorry you had such a terrible experience.
  • Also, Holmes is the greatest hospital to driver at. Me and many other mommy friends have delivered there and could not have had a better experience. The nurses, LCs even the food people are wonderful!!
  • I'm in Melbourne also.  I go to Dr. Hayes and he's amazing.  This is my second child but my first was delivered at Wuesthoff with Dr. Connors who is no longer in practice.  Dr. Hayes has 8 kids and delivers his own babies so I feel like he's quite the expert!  I will say that in the end he (along with doctors) will do what they think is safest for you and baby.  But I think he would listen to your needs/wants.  Good luck!!!!
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Whoops just realized this post is extremely old!!
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Hi, I'm in Vero as well. I see Angie Love as my midwife. She's CNM and does home births. I'm not sure of her VBAC policy though 
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."