Health & Exercise
Options

Vaccines

I want to know how everyone feels about vaccinating your child? Im researching it. I know drs tell you that kids NEED vaccines but I know some people don't. If there is anyone that doesn't then i have a few questions. Just want to see what everyone else thinks.

Re: Vaccines

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    absolutely vaccinating my LO.
    i dont want any chance of him catching any scary diseases those vaccines protect against. & there is no link between vaccines & autism. that is something that is decided by genetics. anti-vaxers are very misinformed. & the reason diseases we no longer had to worry about are starting to come back.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more with onefootinthebayou!!!! I know this is a very hot topic, but I also find it completely negligent to not vaccinate your child. Like she said, there is no scientific data to link autism to vaccines, in fact all studies have disproved that hypothesis. By not administering vaccinations to your children you are not only putting them at risk, but also the other children that cannot receive the vaccine, and depend on herd immunity.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think you've answered your own question - Doctors say you should, some people say you shouldn't.
  • Options
    Educate yourself, then decide. It's your decision. I started giving my son vaccines, until I did some research. Personal decision here. Don't be nasty ladies.... Do your research before you decide!!!
  • Options
    There's really only a few vaccines that are actually necessary. The flu shot and other ones like that aren't. It's not likely for a baby to get the flu anyways. Like the post says above just do some research before you decide.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    There's really only a few vaccines that are actually necessary. The flu shot and other ones like that aren't. It's not likely for a baby to get the flu anyways. Like the post says above just do some research before you decide.
    Not likely for a baby to get the flu?

Hm. Babies have very delicate immune systems. Still others are immune compromised beyond what is typical (like preemies for example). 
  • Options
    Okay there's no reason to try to attack me for no reason. Babies usually go full term and if they don't, they're kept in intensive care until they're healthy enough and doctors and nurses will tell you how to take care of them since they were born too early.
    We're suppose to sanitize bottles and nipples and toys and keep everything from their clothes and the house clean so it isn't likely for a newborn to get the flu because you usually don't take your newborn out of the house anyways until they're a few months old unless they need to get their first set of vaccinations or if you're a single parent and have no help with someone watching the baby if you need to go to the grocery store or anything, I get that, and you do have to watch them being around other babies everywhere who might be sick. I wasn't saying that they never get sick but they usually don't. But I do believe that the first set of vaccinations are the most important for that reason because full term newborns lungs have just fully developed and their immune systems as well and aren't as strong as ours because they had to rely on ours while they were in the womb.
    I don't think they give newborns flu shots anyway, I think it's 6 months, I'm not really sure though. No one in my family or my husbands take the flu shot or anything because we don't really get sick.
  • Options

Don't take this as an attack but babies die from the flu. They do not give the vaccine to babies under 6 months. Even if you don't take baby out in public places it is possible for you to get it and bring it home to baby and they get it as easily as everyone else. Babies 6 months and up should have it, and anyone who takes care of baby should get it especially if baby is too young. It's also a vaccine with no side effects other than redness to injection site and this year's flu shot isn't nearly as bad as the previous years.
  • Options

We grew up in a commune type of community. Many kids were unvaccinated. My parents knew better and we were given all available vaccinations when we were old enough.

Before i was old enough to receive Rubella, a slimy measles-infested kid gave me measles. I was either just a year old or just under a year old. I almost died.

THIS is why it's not "a personal choice" - It's a personal choice in the same way that having unprotected sex with you have undisclosed STDs is a personal choice.
    This exactly. It's not a personal choice so much as personal responsibility of every parent. If people want to gamble with their own kid's life just keep your unvaccinated child far far away from my baby until he's old enough to get full series and be protected. There were babies that died from the Disneyland outbreak because they were too young for mmr and that's a freaking tragedy!
  • Options

None if these links are actual research, just FYI @XoXomomma . Google University is not peer reviewed, scientifically backed study. Your sources are highly suspect, IMHO.

This exactly. It's sad that kids have to die because people want to believe some nonsense that random people put on the Internet vs a pediatrician who spent 8 years in school plus residency and fellowship years training for their license. These diseases are not common colds they are horrible diseases that infants and children DIE from D I E die as in dead no longer living ! People are afraid of autism (no real medical journal from actual medical research has linked the 2) and vaccine reactions which are rare and most often mild and easily treated. How many more will end up dying because of this rediculous Internet hysteria? Time will tell.
  • Options
    XoXomomma said:

This link is hilarious!!! Not swaying anyone by posting this garbage. Man people are naïve.
  • Options
    None if these links are actual research, just FYI @XoXomomma . Google University is not peer reviewed, scientifically backed study. Your sources are highly suspect, IMHO.
    Exactly what I was about to say. There is no "research" to be done (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html). Get your kids vaccinated. 
  • Options
    Do a little research into vaccine court. Very eye opening.
  • Options
    Vaccinate. Why would you not want to protect your baby? 
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I seriously hate Jenny McCarthy (and DeNiro) for perpetuating such absolute garbage as vaccines causing autism. I've resuscitated tiny babies blue from a pertussis spell, and seen too many limp little ones struggling through completely preventable diseases...it's not a question. Vaccinate. 

ETA: totally just realized this is a zombie thread. Oh well, still true. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Forget I even brought it up! No one helped much anyways! I decided to give my 2 month old her shots for the crazy moms who were freaking out! 
  • Options
    Kellie327 said:
    Forget I even brought it up! No one helped much anyways! I decided to give my 2 month old her shots for the crazy moms who were freaking out! 
    Excellent choice. Make your parenting decisions based on the opinions of intent strangers. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers